Page 111 of 662 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Nah, bro she was powerless.
    It's actually incorrect to state she was powerless. In fact she never truly lost her powers she just couldnt actively control them unless she was under extreme duress. Forge explains this when Adversary sent them to another universe/planet:

We saw this occur a few times. One occurred when she was trying to escape some body snatchers. Her desire and need to escape caused he to create a massive blizzard unconsciously:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-04-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Example: when she and Scott were fighting for leadership of the X-Men in Uncanny 201, a huge storm came out of nowhere. She wasn't actively able to use her powers, but her subconscious connection to the elements remained(that She-Hulk panel is another example). It could be said that Storm's powers aren't solely the result of her X-gene, and an additional component, magical or spiritual in nature, remained. This would also explain nicely that feat in Gold where she overrode the mutant-suppressant collar(which should be impossible).
    this could also explain what was demonstrated in coates book where he mentioned her goddess abilities go beyond her mutation:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Example: when she and Scott were fighting for leadership of the X-Men in Uncanny 201, a huge storm came out of nowhere. She wasn't actively able to use her powers, but her subconscious connection to the elements remained(that She-Hulk panel is another example). It could be said that Storm's powers aren't solely the result of her X-gene, and an additional component, magical or spiritual in nature, remained. This would also explain nicely that feat in Gold where she overrode the mutant-suppressant collar(which should be impossible).
    There were moments when they hinted the emotional connection to the elements was still there despite her active ability being suppressed .
    In the aftermath of the Mutant Massacre, Ororo was in emotional shambles and tried to abandon her position as leader of both X-Men and Morlocks. Callisto pursued her and demanded her return. During their ensuing fight, the weather is shown becoming increasingly turbulent. Crescendoing with a lightning storm.
    In the subsequent issue the X-Men return to the Morlock Tunnels to find everything has eradicated by... lightning. The parallel of the lightning storm during their fight is drawn and questioned whether Ororo could have done this to erase evidence of her failure (Nope. It was Thor giving the Slain an Asgardian sendoff)

So it WAS something that Claremont played with up til Forge’s reactivating her conscious control of weather saying “They’re YOUR powers Storm, Call ‘em HOME!”

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I love seeing those moments. I remember in Gold (bare with me for a second lol) when she overpowered her power dampener collar and I remember someone saying they could someone like Rachel an omega level doing that but not Storm. Yet I'm here like she did this before multiple times while powerless hence that scan, how can technology sever a deep connection to the Earth that literally sustains her soul, this actually makes sense to me rather than simply being too powerful. Of course now we even know that she isn't simply powered by her x gene either.

t

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It's actually incorrect to state she was powerless. In fact she never truly lost her powers she just couldnt actively control them unless she was under extreme duress. Forge explains this when Adversary sent them to another universe/planet:

We saw this occur a few times. One occurred when she was trying to escape some body snatchers. Her desire and need to escape caused he to create a massive blizzard unconsciously:

Correct, Storm's powers were there she just couldn't consciously activate them. Thoughout her powerless phase Claremont had odd weather effects happen when she was stressed.
    Attachment 80764
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-04-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yeah, Storm crew coming through with that deep knowledge!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The snowstorm that occurred when she was fighting the Dire Wraiths was a result of the Casket of Ancient Winters being opened by Malekith over in Thor's book. Claremont was quite good with continuity with other books/stories back then.

this is like an urban myth that everyone runs with

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She was powerless. She had no conscious access to her powers. As Xavier/she herself? said..."it's as though they never existed" (paraphrased).
    Consciously Control and Consciously Manipulate are two entirely different things. She still couldn't control her non-existent powers even while under "extreme duress". As stated before by Yogaflame, the weather phenomena were more of an instictual/primal/spiritual/protective response to her emotional state in those instances.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-04-2019 at 12:51 PM.

BANNED

It doesn't matter if her powers where always there. The Fact of the matter is she couldn't access them therefore....she is powerless.

If you can't access your powers, what are you? "Powerless" Come on let's call a spade a spade people.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-04-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Correct, Storm's powers were there she just couldn't consciously activate them. Thoughout her powerless phase Claremont had odd weather effects happen when she was stressed.
    Attachment 80764
    exactly. there is a big difference between those two statements

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this is like an urban myth that everyone runs with
    indeed it is. this is why I'm glad the scans clearly dispels the narrative"shr was powerless" when in fact that was not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She was powerless. She had no conscious access to her powers. As Xavier/she herself? said..."it's as though they never existed" (paraphrased).
    Consciously Control and Consciously Manipulate are two entirely different things. She still couldn't control her non-existent powers even while under "extreme duress". As stated before by Yogaflame, the weather phenomena were more of an instictual/primal/spiritual/protective response to her emotional state in those instances.
    It doesn't matter if her powers where always there. The Fact of the matter is she couldn't access them therefore....she is powerless.

If you can't access your powers, what are you? "Powerless" Come on let's call a spade a spade people.

if she was powerless her abilities would never manifest under any circumstance. that wasnt the case hence why she wasnt truly powerless which is what forge explains to her much later when on adversary's alternate earth:

BANNED

exactly. there is a big difference between those two statements

indeed it is. this is why I'm glad the scans clearly dispels the narrative"shr was powerless" when in fact that was not the case.

if she was powerless her abilities would never manifest under any circumstance. that wasnt the case hence why she wasnt truly powerless which is what forge explains to her much later when on adversary's alternate earth:

Your missing the point still.

If you can't access your powers you are still powerless.

Your missing the point still.

If you can't access your powers you are still powerless.
    no I get what you are saying. let me use an example. say my debit card has been deactivated and I cant access my account. does that mean I dont have any money? no I still have it and my bills on autopay will still be paid, I just cant actively access it. it's the same case here. though she cant consciously or actively access it her powers are still there, hence why in some circumstances her powers manifested when she was angry or emotional. to be powerless would mean she would never under any circumstances be able to use them. forge even explains this to her.

BANNED

no I get what you are saying. let me use an example. say my debit card has been deactivated and I cant access my account. does that mean I dont have any money? no I still have it and my bills on autopay will still be paid, I just cant actively access it. it's the same case here. though she cant consciously or actively access it her powers are still there, hence why in some circumstances her powers manifested when she was angry or emotional. to be powerless would mean she would never under any circumstances be able to use them. forge even explains this to her.
    Your Broke.

You may have money in your account, but you don't have money to help you in situations of the NOW. Like get Gas since your Car is on E or buy food because your starving or buy clothes at your local Mall. The same applies here. Regardless if Storm is still connected emotionally and spiritually, but in situations she was in She was powerless like: Confronting She-Hulk as we saw, fighting demons, fighting Stonewall ETC. Another Example: When the X-Men fought the Freedom Force in San Francisco Storm couldn't do anything because she was powerless and she had to pretend she did. The X-Men had to hide her just so that they can fight.

Another Example: Let me take you to dinner. You can't pay for the meal because as you said your Debit Card is deactivate. Therefore technically your broke. You can't pay for your food.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-04-2019 at 02:04 PM.

I think the weather phenomena relates more to her spiritual connection to the Earth. It's probably to show that her powers were right at her fingertips, but she could never manage to grasp them--probably due to stress, mental blocks, or what have you.