Page 115 of 662 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 9921

Make her a goddess and get her away from the locals.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Make her a goddess and get her away from the locals.
    you are speaking to my soul right now. she definitely needs a reprieve from the xmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so with the news of house of x coming in july there has also been mention of potential retcons that would occur. what are some retcons of Ororo's history that you all would be ok with being retconned/changed?

me personally I wouldnt want anything changed except one thing. I dont like the idea of her being a pacifist especially considering all the things she experienced during claremonts run when she went punk and "loss" her powers.
    Considering kid version and punk version of her was on the cover, I'm thinking they might retcon her childhood or what happened during her punk phase.

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Considering kid version and punk version of her was on the cover, I'm thinking they might retcon her childhood or what happened during her punk phase.
    yea this is what another storm friend thought. I actually am fine with her history aside from the inconsistencies in explaining the way her powers work. I would be ok with the aspects that contradict her being able to manipulate natural forces (air pressure, etc ) and energy to be retconned and I would be fine also with her departing from the xmen after Claremont left. the 90s onward wasnt kind to her. also dickeys book but that was already retconned so we are good there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

skyking

I don't know if this was addressed already but where is Storm in Major X?

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    I don't know if this was addressed already but where is Storm in Major X?
    it wasnt addressed at all. she wasnt mentioned. she was on the cover of the promo art but not sure when she will appear.

In before she becomes Xavier's adopted daughter--because reasons.

so with the news of house of x coming in july there has also been mention of potential retcons that would occur. what are some retcons of Ororo's history that you all would be ok with being retconned/changed?

me personally I wouldnt want anything changed except one thing. I dont like the idea of her being a pacifist especially considering all the things she experienced during claremonts run when she went punk and "loss" her powers.
    The jury is deliberating on this. I can only think of power related vulnerabilities that could be retconned, and how she handle the IvX battle. Dickey’s crappy writing was thankfully retconned already (not all but the most critical parts). Really don’t like the idea of anything else being retconned.the idea of anything. Part of me would find it both maddening and interesting if he took a page from Pak and tried to build a story around Ororo not truly believing she was a goddess and was purposely deceiving her people.

BANNED

Duh!! I knew there was going to be some retconning going on.

Since both Child and Punk Rock Storm my only guess is:

-As a Child Storm actually was not under the Tutelage of Achmad I fact she was working for the Shadow King or Pro. X sensed Storm’s latent power and this the first mutant he ever came across blah blah.

-Punk Rock Yukio was not the driving force of her change, but her killing someone OR Wolverines influences changed her.

I think this will end up happening. Also, maybe shadow king would be the reason of her claustrophobia........some shit like that. IF they are retconned that’s what I think will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Right. It’s like when artist forget she has blue eyes or if they gave her blue skin. Her white hair is way too iconic.
    She still has white hair (and eyes), just not in the usual configuration. Not bad for a temporary makeover...

Perhaps her headwrap could have been a different color?

yea this is what another storm friend thought. I actually am fine with her history aside from the inconsistencies in explaining the way her powers work. I would be ok with the aspects that contradict her being able to manipulate natural forces (air pressure, etc ) and energy to be retconned and I would be fine also with her departing from the xmen after Claremont left. the 90s onward wasnt kind to her. also dickeys book but that was already retconned so we are good there.
    I hope it’s not something that’s true to character

I can't think of anything that I want retconned, but whatever changes are made I hope they are good ones that actually benefit the character.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    The jury is deliberating on this. I can only think of power related vulnerabilities that could be retconned, and how she handle the IvX battle. Dickey’s crappy writing was thankfully retconned already (not all but the most critical parts). Really don’t like the idea of anything else being retconned.the idea of anything. Part of me would find it both maddening and interesting if he took a page from Pak and tried to build a story around Ororo not truly believing she was a goddess and was purposely deceiving her people.
    Hey boo!!!! You gotta stop staying away for so long; I miss seeing you and your input. It's good to see you back!!

To your response, I'm with you on nothing being retconned but if they retcon the power aspects should be revisited (like why would lightning ever hurt her, or fire for that matter). IvX for me is like Xmen gold, something that I ignore and chalk it up to never happening. That said your idea about pak, though interesting, would turn me off completely. I wouldnt like her purposefully misleading people she is supposed to care for and love.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Duh!! I knew there was going to be some retconning going on.

Since both Child and Punk Rock Storm my only guess is:

-As a Child Storm actually was not under the Tutelage of Achmad I fact she was working for the Shadow King or Pro. X sensed Storm’s latent power and this the first mutant he ever came across blah blah.

-Punk Rock Yukio was not the driving force of her change, but her killing someone OR Wolverines influences changed her.

I think this will end up happening. Also, maybe shadow king would be the reason of her claustrophobia........some shit like that. IF they are retconned that’s what I think will happen.
    as long as they dont resort to her only shooting lightning I'm ok with all of what you said. i mean you was right about adversary being the big bad boss in black psnther. let's see if you will be right about this as well.

I hope it’s not something that’s true to character
    agreed.

I almost died when Stan Smith called himself The Wind-Rider on the latest episode of AD

Ororo isn't on Hickmans top 5 mutant list btw

That doesn't bode well.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html