Page 116 of 662 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 9921

That has the be the least diverse X-stuff i have seen in a LOOONNG time. I mean FF made sense but if this is what we are getting on X-men i just don't know. I just can't do another run of all white people feeling oppressed. i just can't. It doesn't even need to be Storm but come on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ororo isn't on Hickmans top 5 mutant list btw

That doesn't bode well.
    what are your sources? and hopefully that means he won't include much of her in this revisionist campaign soon to be dropping.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That has the be the least diverse X-stuff i have seen in a LOOONNG time. I mean FF made sense but if this is what we are getting on X-men i just don't know. I just can't do another run of all white people feeling oppressed. i just can't.
    Chile lololol I'm rolling. I posted something similar but not as funny in the minority thread. but I'm so with you on your point. its ridiculous in fact and honestly I cant even be mad for foxmen for being mostly white with their black and brown characters whitewashed as they use these white centric comic stories as a template. much of this wont change until they have more diverse creators and writers behind the scenes unfortunately.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Chile lololol I'm rolling. I posted something similar but not as funny in the minority thread. but I'm so with you on your point. its ridiculous in fact and honestly I cant even be mad for foxmen for being mostly white with their black and brown characters whitewashed as they use these white centric comic stories as a template. much of this wont change until they have more diverse creators and writers behind the scenes unfortunately.
    They just need to stop calling themselves writers in my opinion. Writers are suppose to write, not just interpret themselves and their friends with powers. I mean who sat there and was like we are going to promote this x-men material in a time and a world where parents are being separated from children, black people are being killed in the street. Latins are being called rapist and murders and was like. "lets white this Sh#( the fu#( up! Yeah!)". I'm just dumbfounded. New jumping on point, old world view of diversity.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

That doesn't bode well.

They just need to stop calling themselves writers in my opinion. Writers are suppose to write, not just interpret themselves and their friends with powers. I mean who sat there and was like we are going to promote this x-men material in a time and a world where parents are being separated from children, black people are being killed in the street. Latins are being called rapist and murders and was like. "lets white this Sh#( the fu#( up! Yeah!)". I'm just dumbfounded. New jumping on point, old world view of diversity.
    What's even more frustrating is when elements of real life struggles such as the things you mentioned are written its poorly received. I'm speaking specifically to BP&C and the affects gentrification has on black people in particular. It's like wanting to be a part of the oppressed but only in a fantastical fashion. Any real-world inclusion of oppression is frowned upon. Let's not forget some called Ororo racist for wanting to be around people who looked liked her and shared a similar culture when she was written in BP&C yet you never see the contrary when you have literally nothing but white characters on the flagship xbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    you and me are on the same page here.

I found the receipts and from the looks of it mindofshadow was right:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...nd-power-of-x/

1. Magneto
    2. White Queen
    3. Mister Sinister
    4. Monet
    5. (tie) Bobby
    5. (tie) Sam

from that list I hope he stays FAR away from Ororo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-09-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    What's even more frustrating is when elements of real life struggles such as the things you mentioned are written its poorly received. I'm speaking specifically to BP&C and the affects gentrification has on black people in particular. It's like wanting to be a part of the oppressed but only in a fantastical fashion. Any real-world inclusion of oppression is frowned upon. Let's not forget some called Ororo racist for wanting to be around people who looked liked her and shared a similar culture when she was written in BP&C yet you never see the contrary when you have literally nothing but white characters on the flagship xbooks.

you and me are on the same page here.
    It's on his twitter. it was posted in the covers thread.

And you are dead on. BP and the crew was so good and had so much potential but of course this is Trumpvel, i mean Marvel.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

That doesn't bode well.
    I know. She already missed out on the Morrison train, now she's missing this one too. Only Claremont loved Ororo. Unless the MCU knocks it out of the park with her, she's basically a relic at this point.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I know. She already missed out on the Morrison train, now she's missing this one too. Only Claremont loved Ororo. Unless the MCU knocks it out of the park with her, she's basically a relic at this point.
    And the saddest part is they literally put all the black fans hopes into one basket and then wonder why some Stan for Storm. She's all we got.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It's on his twitter. it was posted in the covers thread.

And you are dead on. BP and the crew was so good and had so much potential but of course this is Trumpvel, i mean Marvel.

I thought BP&C was really good too. And I just saw his twitter it nearly burned my eyes the characters he listed.

but to your last part I'm loving the shade lol:

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I would add Coates to this list too but the xoffices arent allowing him to write her solo. I mean if making her a god in another character's solo book you are authoring doesnt show he loves the character I dont know what will.

And the saddest part is they literally put all the black fans hopes into one basket and then wonder why some Stan for Storm. She's all we got.
    pretty much what other black character is as popular as she and powerful on the xside? I cant name one.

I don't need Hickman to like Storm, but he should respect the character and know what she's all about. He has it in him to write a great Storm, I just hope that he wants to.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

That has the be the least diverse X-stuff i have seen in a LOOONNG time. I mean FF made sense but if this is what we are getting on X-men i just don't know. I just can't do another run of all white people feeling oppressed. i just can't. It doesn't even need to be Storm but come on.
    Me and you are >>>>>>here<<<<<<< with this. You have series that co-opted an actual movement, but don't do **** with the actual minorities on the team.

Also, about Hickman's favs. I'm not bothered because he likes what he likes. Scott, Jean, and Wolverine weren't listed, but they are on the cover.

Another thing, Storm and Bishop are only two black characters out of a slew of white characters featured. Were entering the year 2020. We need more color not only on the team but on writing team. I'm sick and tied (yes I said tied instead of tired) of seeing white men writing the X-Men.
    Last edited by Jalysia; 04-09-2019 at 03:34 PM.

I forgot Hickman wrote storm in a couple of the stories she appeared in the F4 books and if you like 90s TAS Storm and how she was portrayed you're in for a treat!! Me personally though I loved 90s TAS storm she doesnt really come across how 616 Storm does to me.