Page 118 of 662 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    M

Also, about Hickman's favs. I'm not bothered because he likes what he likes. Scott, Jean, and Wolverine weren't listed, but they are on the cover.
    Cap and Iron Man were on the cover and the big dawgs of his Avengers run.... but Reed, Doom, T'challa and company were the focus.

He can toe the company line while still focusing on who he liked. Dude is a pro in that regard (his whole large avengers team had people like Spider-Man and Wolverine but thye contributed nothing for example).

The issue with Hickman is that if you aren't in his "inner circle" of character... you are a machine in his plot.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

5. Bobby: goddess I'm tired of seeing him everywhere. since his coming out and all the books about his homosexuality I'm kinda over him. it begs to question why we get these sort of stories but none as it relate to the black experience in America. would be nice to see ororo explore IN THE XBOOKS
    Wrong Bobby. Hickman loves Sunspot

aka... black brazillion. The first writer to give a black mutant serious panel time and develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    When Hickman referenced "Bobby" did he mean Iceman or Sunspot?
    It's definitely Sunspot. Hickman actually developed him outside the X-Books.
    Sunspot was easily Hickman's most developed mutant in his Avengers run.

I don't think Hickman would disrespect Storm but I also doubt she does anything important with her. He didn't wait this long to write the X-men to not focus on the characters he likes.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Anyone read Marvelous? Been a while since I've bought a comic so I wanna get it if its good.
    Not, yet. I've been reading the Spoiler Thread and it appears people think it was good. Apparently Storm and Magneto were written pretty well here.

So, i'm waiting to see what is going on........

It's definitely Sunspot. Hickman actually developed him outside the X-Books.
    Hmm. Wait. Monet and Roberto on his faves list? Maybe someone will finally give us the power couple that was in front of us for all this time! Young. Rich. Sexy. Cocky. Multilingual. Both flying bricks with something else. As much as I want my girl Ororo to have it all, I might could set that aside for the moment if Hickman brings us Monerto/M-Spot!

Attachment 81034
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Anyone read Marvelous? Been a while since I've bought a comic so I wanna get it if its good.
    I did and all i can say is I'm ready for age of x to end.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cap and Iron Man were on the cover and the big dawgs of his Avengers run.... but Reed, Doom, T'challa and company were the focus.

He can toe the company line while still focusing on who he liked. Dude is a pro in that regard (his whole large avengers team had people like Spider-Man and Wolverine but thye contributed nothing for example).

The issue with Hickman is that if you aren't in his "inner circle" of character... you are a machine in his plot.

aka... black brazillion. The first writer to give a black mutant serious panel time and develop him.

I don't think Hickman would disrespect Storm but I also doubt she does anything important with her. He didn't wait this long to write the X-men to not focus on the characters he likes.
    thanks for the correction. I don't follow his work so that is good to know that we have a writer has an interest in black characters. that said, he wasnt the first writer to give a black mutant serious panel time. as much as I dont like this writer Scott lobdell created bishop and gave him a lot of development and panel time during the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hmm. Wait. Monet and Roberto on his faves list? Maybe someone will finally give us the power couple that was in front of us for all this time! Young. Rich. Sexy. Cocky. Multilingual. Both flying bricks with something else. As much as I want my girl Ororo to have it all, I might could set that aside for the moment if Hickman brings us Monerto/M-Spot!

Attachment 81034

that's cute. I would be here for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Attachment 81034
    I mean Storm is technically still with the king of the most advanced and powerful nation on the planet. Can't top that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Me and you are >>>>>>here<<<<<<< with this. You have series that co-opted an actual movement, but don't do shit with the actual minorities on the team.

Also, about Hickman's favs. I'm not bothered because he likes what he likes. Scott, Jean, and Wolverine weren't listed, but they are on the cover.

Another thing, Storm and Bishop are only two black characters out of a slew of white characters featured. Were entering the year 2020. We need more color not only on the team but on writing team. I'm sick and tied (yes I said tied instead of tired) of seeing white men writing the X-Men.
    Just because you are a Black writer doesn't necessarily mean you are a good writer of diversity or a good writer, period.
    If that's Omega Sentinel on PoX...then Karima Shapandar is another PoC that will feature.
    And didn't The promo art feature quite a range of characters as well?

It's only a few images...perhaps, too soon to be getting your knickers all twisted over Diversity and lack thereof. Especially when we don't even know the overall premise of these books.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-10-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I mean Storm is technically still with the king of the most advanced and powerful nation on the planet. Can't top that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Good points. Although I would say that Claremont was the 1st writer to give Storm (a Black mutant) serious panel time and development.

I also agree about how Hickman might portray Storm: while he may not showcase her like his previously mentioned favs, I think she will be used as a tool to forward his story/plot/narrative. It's certainly not ideal for a character like Storm who I would like to be at the center of the story, but at this point I'm not too surprised.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Good points. Although I would say that Claremont was the 1st writer to give Storm (a Black mutant) serious panel time and development.

I also agree about how Hickman might portray Storm: while he may not showcase her like his previously mentioned favs, I think she will be used as a tool to forward his story/plot/narrative. It's certainly not ideal for a character like Storm who I would like to be at the center of the story, but at this point I'm not too surprised.
    duh. how could I forget storm?? lololol I think though he may have meant to say black Male mutant, which in that case still would not have been sunspot but bishop.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

So, finally just Read Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #3

I must say this was pretty good. Storm had a strong voice in this especially towards then End. Her conversation with Magneto was really good and a joy to read. Also, like how spoilers:
    Both of them were successful in breaking Nate's Mind Hold he had.
    end of spoilers. This goes to show how powerful Ororo and Erik's Will Power really is. Personally Storm was portrayed pretty well here nothing exciting or Big Actually happened, but overall it was good.

My Favorite Scenes is spoilers:
    When Storm and Magneto charge at Nate together realizing what he's done.
    end of spoilers so Cool. :-)

And I like that Storm created a SuperStorm for Her and Magneto to have a conversation. Pretty Cool as well.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-10-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    duh. how could I forget storm?? lololol I think though he may have meant to say black Male mutant, which in that case still would not have been sunspot but bishop.
    Re-reading it again I think you are correct that MoS may have meant to state black male mutant. But as you pointed out Bishop still takes that spot.

have you been reading the current black panther??? I must say I'm not enjoying this season as the previous one but I am anticipating issue 14 and what Coates has in store for Ororo and Tchalla:

Re-reading it again I think you are correct that MoS may have meant to state black male mutant. But as you pointed out Bishop still takes that spot.
    I'm just guessing but I know I have seen that valid complaint a lot about the xbooks and the lack of black heterosexual male protagonists being shown in a positive light. heck I'm not even seeing much of any black characters aside of storm obviously. it's something I certainly wish marvel would work better to correct.

Debatable. T'Challa's in space right now. Anyways, M-Spot would be a lot less problematic and a lot more fun(at the end of the day, they are both mutants and X-men characters first and foremost).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!