Page 119 of 662 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    So, finally just Read Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #3

I must say this was pretty good. Storm had a strong voice in this especially towards then End. Her conversation with Magneto was really good and a joy to read. Also, like how spoilers:
    Both of them were successful in breaking Nate's Mind Hold he had.
    end of spoilers. This goes to show how powerful Ororo and Erik's Will Power really is. Personally Storm was portrayed pretty well here nothing exciting or Big Actually happened, but overall it was good.

My Favorite Scenes is spoilers:
    When Storm and Magneto charge at Nate together realizing what he's done.
    end of spoilers so Cool. :-)

And I like that Storm created a SuperStorm for Her and Magneto to have a conversation. Pretty Cool as well.
    thanks for the synopsis. I didnt like the issue thought it was bland but I want to reread and reassess to make sure I'm not being too critical. my initial thoughts even with the things you mentioned was that I'm ready for this event to be over.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Debatable. T'Challa's in space right now. Anyways, M-Spot would be a lot less problematic and a lot more fun(at the end of the day, they are both mutants and X-men characters first and foremost).
    I dont think there is anything about monet/sunpsot that would top what ororo/tchalla could do as a couple in the marvel universe. I would love to see in what ways as a potential couple you could debate this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have you been reading the current black panther??? I must say I'm not enjoying this season as the previous one but I am anticipating issue 14 and what Coates has in store for Ororo and Tchalla:

Yes I've been reading it and I agree it's not as exciting as his previous arcs, but I still like it over-all. I also like how despite NuNakia's thirsty-dehydrated-triflin' ass being ever present, T'Challa is still dreaming, thinking, longing, desiring, praying-for, fantasizing, and yearning for Storm.

Try again sweetie!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Yes I've been reading it and I agree it's not as exciting as his previous arcs, but I still like it over-all. I also like how despite NuNakia's thirsty-dehydrated-triflin' ass being ever present, T'Challa is still dreaming, thinking, longing, desiring, praying-for, fantasizing, and yearning for Storm.

Try again sweetie!
    omg lolololol I'm dying lolololol!!!!!

that gif is amazing! and I agree 100% to your post. their love, his love for ororo can NEVER be broken despite all the naysayers!!!

I dont think there is anything about monet/sunpsot that would top what ororo/tchalla could do as a couple in the marvel universe. I would love to see in what ways as a potential couple you could debate this.
    Agreed. M-Spot is cute but I don't think they come close to the potential that is Storm + T'Challa. I really don't think any couple does to be honest. Reed and Sue may be more iconic, but even they lack the charisma that Storm + T'Challa bring IMO.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

thanks for the synopsis. I didnt like the issue thought it was bland but I want to reread and reassess to make sure I'm not being too critical. my initial thoughts even with the things you mentioned was that I'm ready for this event to be over.
    Yeah I read it and didnt think it was very good at least Storm wise, I'm kind of scratching my head wondering what made this issue all about Storm as the writers said, I feel like Storm, Magneto and Nate where all equally important.

I wish we got I to Storm's own head more, but I was glad overall she wasn't kept In the background completely oblivious.

omg lolololol I'm dying lolololol!!!!!

that gif is amazing! and I agree 100% to your post. their love, his love for ororo can NEVER be broken despite all the naysayers!!!
    Also, tell me why the real Nakia showed up in that Wakanda Forever mini looking like:

I was so grateful when Storm had to check ol' gurl.

Agreed. M-Spot is cute but I don't think they come close to the potential that is Storm + T'Challa. I really don't think any couple does to be honest. Reed and Sue may be more iconic, but even they lack the charisma that Storm + T'Challa bring IMO.
    Exactly! Tchalla is one of the greatest minds in the Marvel Universe, has been empowered with abilities granted to him by a god, and has the power granted to him being leader of the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. Ororo and her power need no description but just in case there are those who dont know she herself is of royal blood and has descendants that can be traced back to the dawn of humanity. Her power has given her the title as being one of the most powerful mutants and was recently revealed to be a true goddess. Her ties to the xmen, avengers, f4, and with different nations around the world affords her additional respect and resources that is virtually innumerable. I'm not seeing how monet/sunspot can compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Yeah I read it and didnt think it was very good at least Storm wise, I'm kind of scratching my head wondering what made this issue all about Storm as the writers said, I feel like Storm, Magneto and Nate where all equally important.

I wish we got I to Storm's own head more, but I was glad overall she wasn't kept In the background completely oblivious.
    You make a very important point and its probably why I came out of the issue feeling the way I did. This was advertised as storm centric but it didnt really read that way to me. I was hoping to see more of her struggles with breaking free but I this story felt equally focused on magneto. I also am still not understanding why she is weaker than she typically us. I was hoping that would be explored and that didnt happen at all. nevertheless I agree with your points.

Also, tell me why the real Nakia showed up in that Wakanda Forever mini looking like:

I was so grateful when Storm had to check ol' gurl.

lolol Storm was twirling on Ms. Nakia. But it's kinda sad I mean for nakia. Ororo is that gurl that will turn heads when she walks in the room, she is the gurl with the attitude and power to back up and threat she makes. She is that gurl both men and women want to be with. So it must be intimidating to be her presence. Nakia and Nunakia never stood a chance and ororo is just fabulous walking unbothered by them all It must be sad existence for nakia. poor thing lol she trying so hard but ororo like:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-10-2019 at 11:35 AM.

lolol Storm was twirling on Ms. Nakia. But it's kinda sad I mean for nakia. Ororo is that gurl that will turn heads when she walks in the room, she is the gurl with the attitude and power to back up and threat she makes. She is that gurl both men and women want to be with. So it must be intimidating to be her presence. Nakia and Nunakia never stood a chance and ororo is just fabulous walking unbothered by them all It must be sad existence for nakia. poor thing lol she trying so hard but ororo like:

Lol nothing but the truth!

I also want this Age of X storyline to finish. It just isn't appealing to me at all.

First of all, there can be more than one power couple in the comics. It's not a competition. And if Hickman is interested in both of them, I'd be happy to see a new couple in the X-Books, instead of tired Cyke/Jean, or Rogue/Gambit ad nauseam.

Secondly, Monet and Sunspot's potential relationship wouldn't be mired by shifty retroactive continuity, power-neutralizing prison-cells and satellite arrays, not giving up the vibranium under threat of death by Doom, and an annulment made publicly in the middle of a superhero battle. It would be fresh and spontaneous.

Third, being fresh and new, and being comprised of characters from the same franchise, M and Sunspot would be free to explore their relationship without being mired by interfandom controversy. T'Challa will always be his own franchise(and Avenger), while Storm is firmly an X-Men character first and foremost. Most X-fans don't really care for T'Challa. And a lot of BP fans don't care for Storm. Monet and Sunspot are both X-Men characters first and foremost, and if Hickman wrote them together in his run, they could be a lasting feature of the X-line for decades to come. That would never happen for Storm and BP. They are star-crossed lovers at best, and we all know how that ends most of the time!
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-10-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

First of all, there can be more than one power couple in the comics. It's not a competition. And if Hickman is interested in both of them, I'd be happy to see a new couple in the X-Books, instead of tired Cyke/Jean, or Rogue/Gambit ad nauseam.

Secondly, Monet and Sunspot's potential relationship wouldn't be mired by shifty retroactive continuity, power-neutralizing prison-cells and satellite arrays, not giving up the vibranium under threat of death by Doom, and an annulment made publicly in the middle of a superhero battle. It would be fresh and spontaneous.

Third, being fresh and new, and being comprised of characters from the same franchise, M and Sunspot would be free to explore their relationship without being mired by interfandom controversy. T'Challa will always be his own franchise(and Avenger), while Storm is firmly an X-Men character first and foremost. Most X-fans don't really care for T'Challa. And a lot of BP fans don't care for Storm. Monet and Sunspot are both X-Men characters first and foremost, and if Hickman wrote them together in his run, they could be a lasting feature of the X-line for decades to come. That would never happen for Storm and BP. They are star-crossed lovers at best, and we all know how that ends most of the time!
    When was the last time Sunspot was an X-Man? He's like a full on Avenger at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    When was the last time Sunspot was an X-Man? He's like a full on Avenger at this point.
    With Hickman following him home to the X-Line(and naming him as one of his top-5 X-Men), his status as a Claremont-created X-character is undiminished.

#firstblackmaleX

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Lol nothing but the truth!

I also want this Age of X storyline to finish. It just isn't appealing to me at all.
    yas beloved I'm here with you:

Secondly, Monet and Sunspot's potential relationship wouldn't be mired by shifty retroactive continuity, power-neutralizing prison-cells and satellite arrays, not giving up the vibranium under threat of death by Doom, and a annulment made publicly in the middle of a superhero battle. It would be fresh and spontaneous.

1. I totally agree there could be more the one power couple and that it is not a competition; however, you mentioned that it was debatable that ororo being with tchalla couldnt be topped.

2. Its hard to really say what a potential relationship would or wouldnt have. The ONLY reason that Ororo and Tchalla's relationship was systematically destroyed at that time was due to Marvel not fully owning the Xmen. That obviously isnt the case anymore hence why more recent stories of Ororo and Tchalla's interaction have been shown quite contrary to the points you made: marvel has described the two as each others one true love, ororo is a symbol of home to tchalla as he fights in a distant space and time to regain his memory, Tchalla encouraged Ororo to accept all of who she is resulting in her becoming a true goddess, and both have shared their unrelenting love for each other . I would say considering all the horrible things of the past they being able to move beyond that demonstrates just how true and powerful their love is, which I prefer over fresh and spontaneous.

3. I dont understand how this point really matters. I have seen many tchalla/storm related fan pages that would contradict your claim many dont like them together. I know there are those of the fandom who dont care for them but a lot of that is built around not letting go things of the past that was concocted because Marvel didnt own the rights. Also those who claim to not like the pairing incorrectly assert the two were put together only because they were black and the two had no prior history. I certainly dont think this should subsequently result in the two not being together and thankfully marvel agrees as coates is still writing the two as lovers. Lastly, again, it's hard to say just because they are in the same franchise they could be a lasting feature of the xline for decades to come: see emma and cyclops, kitty and colossus, nightcrawler and rachel, rogue and magneto, heck even Logan and ororo for examples that contradict that potentiality.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-10-2019 at 01:02 PM.

With Hickman following him home to the X-Line(and naming him as one of his top-5 X-Men), his status as a Claremont-created X-character is undiminished.

#firstblackmaleX

great point but mindofshadow initial claim was that hickman was the first writer to give a black mutant (assuming he meant male) serious panel time and development. I didnt read new mutants so I'm not sure but if Claremont gave him this serious panel time and development it didnt resonate beyond the title as generally when fans think of black mutants or popular ones the ones who are mentioned are storm and bishop. this is even evident by cocobandz question.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.