Page 120 of 662 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

3. I dont understand how this point really matters.
    1) I meant it was 'debatable' as to whether or not T'Challa and Ororo are currently together, which according to the most recent comics that just were released today, they are not. He's in space. She's in Age of X-Man.

2) Conjecture on your part. While I believe there were many instances of the CompleX, breaking up Ororo and T'Challa in AvX wasn't necessarily one of them. They were only put together in the first place because Hudlin petitioned for them. Once his usefulness to Marvel had reached its limit, and the sales and fan reactions weren't in favor of them, Marvel reverted to it's standard status quo of Storm as a leader of the X-Men, not with BP. Furthermore, the Disney acquisition of Fox only was finalized just weeks ago, whereas Coates has been writing his stories for years now, so I don't think it has anything to do with the movie rights. To the millions of moviegoers around the world who saw BP in theaters, T'Challa is in love with Nakia. A few thousand comic readers aren't much compared to that.

3) Of course it matters. Storm is an iconic X-Men character. BP is not. BP is part of the MCU. Storm currently is not. There will always be logistical and editorial red-tape between them. That's not the case with Monet and Roberto.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

great point but mindofshadow initial claim was that hickman was the first writer to give a black mutant (assuming he meant male) serious panel time and development. I didnt read new mutants so I'm not sure but if Claremont gave him this serious panel time and development it didnt resonate beyond the title as generally when fans think of black mutants or popular ones the ones who are mentioned are storm and bishop. this is even evident by cocobandz question.
    So, you're going to comment on a run you didn't even read? (Over 50 issues that are just as good if not better than what Claremont was doing in Uncanny at the same time?)

That's not my point at all(that Sunspot is more iconic than Bishop. To the mainstream, he's certainly not. Bishop got some great cameos in TAS and was a fixture of 90's comics, for sure. But that said, Bishop is actually not even African American, but Australian Aboriginal, so....). CoCo said Roberto isn't even an X-character, but an Avengers character. Roberto was created by Claremont in the early 80's. You can't get much more 'X-character' than that. While Roberto wasn't the sole focus of Claremont's NM run(no one was, really), he was a character clearly defined and explored in that run, along with the rest of the cast. And no matter what anyone says, he was the first black male X-character. Period. He's never really been an X-Man proper, but he had 100 issues in NM, and joined X-Force(another solid 100+ issue run) pretty early on, and Claremont brought him back into the story in the tailend of X-Treme, and carried him over into Uncanny as a leader of the Hellfire Club when Sage defected just before House of M. He's an X-character. What does it matter that Hickman turned him up to 11 in the Avengers books? Don't you love Coates's work on Storm that happened in BP's book? Does that somehow disqualify her from being an X-character all of a sudden too?
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-10-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    1) I meant it was 'debatable' as to whether or not T'Challa and Ororo are currently together, which according to the most recent comics that just were released today, they are not. He's in space. She's in Age of X-Man.

2) Conjecture on your part. While I believe there were many instances of the CompleX, breaking up Ororo and T'Challa in AvX wasn't necessarily one of them. They were only put together in the first place because Hudlin petitioned for them. Once his usefulness to Marvel had reached its limit, and the sales and fan reactions weren't in favor of them, Marvel reverted to it's standard status quo of Storm as a leader of the X-Men, not with BP. Furthermore, the Disney acquisition of Fox only was finalized just weeks ago, whereas Coates has been writing his stories for years now, so I don't think it has anything to do with the movie rights. To the millions of moviegoers around the world who saw BP in theaters, T'Challa is in love with Nakia. A few thousand comic readers aren't much compared to that.

3) Of course it matters. Storm is an iconic X-Men character. BP is not. BP is part of the MCU. Storm currently is not. There will always be logistical and editorial red-tape between them. That's not the case with Monet and Roberto.

no ma'am that's incorrect. that is not even debatable and was clarified months ago:

they both are in places were their memories are gone this doesnt mean they are not together and won't be when they remember who they are and what they are to each other beloved.

2. No beloved it's not conjecture. What you stated is. What I claim is actually from the horse's mouth. Hudlin explained exactly why the marriage was ended. See the receipts below:

Interviewer: I need to get that. How did you feel when they annulled the marriage six years later?

Hudlin: That was really, I thought, a mistake. Because there was this tension between Fox and Marvel over the properties and all that stuff, they were like, “No, no, no, we just want to separate the mutants out from the characters that we hold control over.” They were caught in the crossfire of that, but obviously, to break up such a high-profile black marriage in comics had a much bigger symbolic value and was really frustrating to a lot of fans.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/02/blac...interview.html

To your point about the acquisition Yoga come on. These things have been in the talks well before it finalized two or so weeks ago. In fact, Stan Lee made mention that things were moving towards this deal happening almost two years ago. Of course then people doubted him and didnt think he knew what he was talking about:

https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-believe...-movie-rights/

As you know, Coates had Ororo go a date in April 2017 and by April 2018 they were an item. Whatever is going on in in MCU right now is not the trajectory for these two characters. In fact, why are so many people begging for Ororo to appear in BP2 ? You csnt think this is just a coincidence. But if you do I think time will prove you wrong.

3. And with all those things you matter being true they are still an item, still a thing. Coates is seemingly managing that red tape just fine.

So, you're going to comment on a run you didn't even read?

[IMG]https://media3.giphy.com/media/OSf7gDM2d8OJQkNzy3/source.gif[/IMG

That's not my point at all. CoCo said Roberto isn't even an X-character, but an Avengers character. Roberto was created by Claremont in the early 80's. You can't get much more 'X-character' than that. While Roberto wasn't the sole focus of Claremont's NM run(no one was, really), he was a character clearly defined and explored in that run, along with the rest of the cast. And no matter what anyone says, he was the first black male X-character. Period. He's never really been an X-Man proper, but he had 100 issues in NM, and joined X-Force(another solid 100+ issue run) pretty early on, and Claremont brought him back into the story in the tailend of X-Treme, and carried him over into Uncanny as a leader of the Hellfire Club when Sage defected just before House of M. What does it matter that Hickman turned him up in the Avengers books? Don't you love Coates's work on Storm that happened in BP's book? Does that somehow disqualify her from being an X-character all of a sudden too?

but to your point that is fair as the initial point was not contained to it being an black xman character but a black mutant. I stand corrected :*
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-10-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I can't get over how good her hair always looks in braids or locs.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I can't get over how good her hair always looks in braids or locs.
    have you seen these by Jen Bartel? Shes amazing:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I wouldnt mind her being cast as Storm:

Deborah Ayorinde is technically already part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, since she portrayed Candace Miller in Netflix's Luke Cage series. However, Marvel's Netflix series have all been canceled and the characters featured in them never actually crossed over with the characters of the MCU films, so no one would really notice or care if she was recast.

Ayorinde would be a far better Storm than Halle Berry was in the original X-Men trilogy, not only because she looks more like Ororo, but because she'd likely bring more maturity and emotion to the role.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-live-a...castings-wish/

Yeah I love these.

Still feels like I'm seeing them for the first time.

I wouldnt mind her being cast as Storm:

Deborah Ayorinde is technically already part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, since she portrayed Candace Miller in Netflix's Luke Cage series. However, Marvel's Netflix series have all been canceled and the characters featured in them never actually crossed over with the characters of the MCU films, so no one would really notice or care if she was recast.

Ayorinde would be a far better Storm than Halle Berry was in the original X-Men trilogy, not only because she looks more like Ororo, but because she'd likely bring more maturity and emotion to the role.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-live-a...castings-wish/
    I looked her up. It says she’s 5’3. I’m not one to complain about heights. But I know that will be a problem for others.

Jen is so talented. I especially love the first image.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yeah I love these.

Still feels like I'm seeing them for the first time.
    I agree! Every time I see them I am amazed.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I looked her up. It says she’s 5’3. I’m not one to complain about heights. But I know that will be a problem for others.
    ehhhh... yea that's a no for me then lolol

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Jen is so talented. I especially love the first image.
    she is extremely talented. I so hope she gets the opportunity to draw her solo. I loved how she drew bast in Black panther.

Jen does better covers/single images. I wasn't loving her interiors from BP.

But I am definitely onboard for locs for Ororo, especially for the MCU.

Attachment 81094

Jen does better covers/single images. I wasn't loving her interiors from BP.

But I am definitely onboard for locs for Ororo, especially for the MCU.

Attachment 81094
    yaaasss werk!!

oan a review about marvelous xmen:

https://comicsverse.com/age-of-x-man-marvelous-x-men-3/

I love how she makes Ororo's lightening gold instead of white. Jen does great with coloring which makes her drawings pop.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I love how she makes Ororo's lightening gold instead of white. Jen does great with coloring which makes her drawings pop.
    agreed. the colors she uses really are unique for the reason you described. I really hope she and coates will do her solo one day.