Page 121 of 662 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I love how she makes Ororo's lightening gold instead of white. Jen does great with coloring which makes her drawings pop.
    I like her more as a colorist, than a visual storyteller/penciler. I'd be interested to see her color the work of other artists.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love Mr. Coates. He is clearly a Storm stan and I'm here for it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4uRdZlYkv/

Happy V-Day to my two fave Wakandan couples—T’Challa and Storm and Ayo and Aneka. The relationships are still the best part of writing Panther. Shout out to Brian Stelfreeze and Laura Martin for the Storm and T’Challa cover (BP #13) and @heyjenbartel for the Ayo and Aneka joint (World of Wakanda #1). These two pieces are ������.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think Coates would be good for the X-verse. I really think he could due some great work with the "oppressed minority" theme. He's also currently the best at capturing Storm's voice and charisma.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think Coates would be good for the X-verse. I really think he could due some great work with the "oppressed minority" theme. He's also currently the best at capturing Storm's voice and charisma.
    agreed 100%. now my only complaint with coates is application of power I want to see different uses. thermo, radiation, energy sight, gamma, etc. i mean we did got freezing from inside out, wind and rain in bp&c, and goddess storm but I would love to see the other stuff I mentioned explored. mhis is and would be welcomed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-11-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed 100%. now my only complaint with coates is application of power I want to see different uses. thermo, radiation, energy sight, gamma, etc. i mean we did got freezing from inside out, wind and rain in bp&c, and goddess storm but I would love to see the other stuff I mentioned explored. mhis is and would be welcomed.
    I would like to see this as well. I definitely want more energy sight and I also want her empathic connection to nature explored more.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Also, here is a little throwback: Storm's theme music from the 90s cartoon. It gets a little fuzzy in the middle but I like it for nostalgic reasons:

It's quite epic and certainly fitting for a character of her power and presence.

I would like to see this as well. I definitely want more energy sight and I also want her empathic connection to nature explored more.
    when was the last time we saw her empathic connection to.the world around her explored? it is also much needed.

Also, here is a little throwback: Storm's theme music from the 90s cartoon. It gets a little fuzzy in the middle but I like it for nostalgic reasons:

It's quite epic and certainly fitting for a character of her power and presence.
    u know whenever that music played sh!t was about to go down lolol

when was the last time we saw her empathic connection to.the world around her explored? it is also much needed.
    I don't know when it was last showcased. I for one can't think of anything in recent memory.

u know whenever that music played sh!t was about to go down lolol
    YES! Once the music started playing we knew Storm was going to tear it down!

Can I also just say how much I loved the Storm & Rogue friendship from the 90s the cartoon? The two of them were the best! I love how it was Rogue who traveled with Storm to Kenya to battle Shadow King and save Mjnari.

The two of them and Jean's tired-ass were like Destiny's Child:

Storm = Beyonce
    Rogue = Kelly
    Jean = the other girl

I don't know when it was last showcased. I for one can't think of anything in recent memory.

YES! Once the music started playing we knew Storm was going to tear it down!

1. yea and that is quite sad. the last time I can remember that was in uncanny xmen first class and that was nearly 10 years ago.

Can I also just say how much I loved the Storm & Rogue friendship from the 90s the cartoon? The two of them were the best! I love how it was Rogue who traveled with Storm to Kenya to battle Shadow King and save Mjnari.

[IMG]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrimSameImperialeagle-max-1mb.gif[/IMG

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/AwMpLj51d5mmc/giphy.gif[/IMG

The two of them and Jean's tired-ass were like Destiny's Child:

Storm = Beyonce
    Rogue = Kelly
    Jean = the other girl

I loved their friendship on the show. I was disappointed it wasn't quite the same in the comics. and I'm so through with you at the last comment. you are a mess lmfao. it's so accurate lolol. thar jean is useless tas video is hilarious!!!!

1. yea and that is quite sad. the last time I can remember that was in uncanny xmen first class and that was nearly 10 years ago.

I loved their friendship on the show. I was disappointed it wasn't quite the same in the comics. and I'm so through with you at the last comment. you are a mess lmfao. it's so accurate lolol. thar jean is useless tas video is hilarious!!!!
    That scan you posted was exactly what I was thinking about in my head. I know during the "Power" arc in BP by Jonathan Maberry (circa '09-'10) I believe Storm was able to sense the evil magic within the soil of Wakanda. There is nothing from any recent X-comics that I can think of tho.

That scan you posted was exactly what I was thinking about in my head. I know during the "Power" arc in BP by Jonathan Maberry (circa '09-'10) I believe Storm was able to sense the evil magic within the soil of Wakanda. There is nothing from any recent X-comics that I can think of tho.
    oh I think I do recall that one actually. it was when the crops were not growing and she would be subsequently arrested prior to doomwar I believe. and I think I found one later. this was 2010 curse of the xmen:

edit: I don't know how I could forget this but her solo comic would also apply which is from 2014:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-11-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have to strongly disagree...on three points.
    1: This isn't Storm and the X-Men
    2: The "opressed minority" theme is so played out for the X-Men. It's what they've been dealing with since inception...sadly Coates cannot bring anything new to that rusty, old merry-go-round.
    3: He's the writer who thought the BP mythos needed 'fixing'. He was wrong. And as much as the X-Universe has been in shambles over the last decade, believe me, you do not want someone with a revisionist way of thinking and writing, re-writing definitive X-Lore (as he did/does with Black Panther) just because he doesn't agree with it. Storm Fans might be happy, for a while, but I can assure you, those of us who are also X-Men Fans won't be.

I suppose...since you all love his Storm so much...He could be given a Storm solo book as an entirely separate entity from the other X-Men books.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-12-2019 at 09:25 AM.

I mostly agree. I have not been impressed by Coates's BP run(s). The first one was just an incredulous destruction of the whole Wakanda concept, and this second one is just a random space war with liberal sprinkling of historical names without any context for the people who don't know them(look up the Maroons and Queen Nanny and Cudjoe from Jamaica). Both have very strange political messaging that don't really work with the character. That said, given how bad the X-books have been for almost 15 years now, and considering how many lame writers have had a go, I would be [morbidly] curious to see what Coates would do with an 11 issue run. It is possible he'd do something more interesting with the 'feared and hated' theme than the million white dudes have done. At the very least, he seems to know something about the Claremont run. And while I do prefer the X-Men stories more balanced, all these other characters have had centralized runs about them, so, sure, let Storm have one too. Go wild with it, even, and title it Storm and the X-Men and have an all black team. Storm leads Bishop, Monet, Sunspot, Triage, Oya, and Manifold. Shoot, go ahead and have Logan there just to be the token white dude and help it sell.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    Give him "Storm and the X-Men" and allow him to write a LS on a theme completely in his wheel-house. (I still won't read it because...Coates, but it could be something.)
    I'd still be wary of him writing other definitive characters like Bishop and Monet, though.