Page 13 of 662 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

In her Ellis mini it was both. She summoned the rain storm once she areived to The Hill and then sensed the composition of the rain being acidic. The only other time I recall was in the backstory issue where she encountered Dr.Doom and had attacked him in error. She either flew into or summoned a storm near a factory that had pumped a bunch of pollutants into the air that caused the acid rain.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Except acid rain does exist in nature. Due to unnatural pollution, the elements are already at hand. Ororo should be able to concentrate the pollutants to create acid rain from the existing atmospheric constituents. Even in an environment that was pristine, I think Ororo could manipulate the pH of rain directly by manipulating the hydrogen's ionic charge.
    I agree with the pH portion being manipulated to create acid rain. I understand there are pollutants in the air; however, I don't think there is enough to be effective in battle. if this were the people would never be able to go outside when it rains. At most it would be an irritant to the skin. If she were to utilize your method by increasing the amount of hydrogen ions then this would make more sense as she can't put things in the air/water that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Like a scene where she kind of explains the forces her energy sight allows her to perceive and ultimately to manipulate to a hot nerd like Beast or Shuri. She can talk about heat exchange/thermal energy, pressure gradients, air mass and its composition, electromagnetism, water vapor/hydrologic cycle, gravitic forces (like the pulling of the moon on the tides), how they are all connected in nature, etc. This is just a way to introduce the complexity and versatility of her powerset.

Acid raid is also a cool idea. Like in Ellis’s run where she could sense the chemical composition of the rain and knew it was acidic. I agree with Yoga. Atmospheric pollutants, unfortunately, has become part of the standard make up for the atmosphere (most areas aren’t as dangerous/toxic as others), so Storm should be able to coalesce and concentrate those particles to create acid rain or toxic fog.
    Ok all of your points make sense about what a discussion would look like. Your point about most areas not being dangerous/toxic is why I don't think using the pollutants in the air would work. I think the second part of what Yoga mentioned would be more effective which is manipulating the hydrogen ions in way that would make the water more acidic. Hydrogen being more abundant in air by way of water would make this feat more easy to produce, unless she was in an area where there larger concentration of pollution.

To the points about toxins in the atmosphere, if she were making acidic rain by

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post
    Zendaya could become Storm.

Storm needs a new costume, her X-Men Red costume is underwhelming.
    EEHHHHH.. I'm not feeling her at ALL. As mentioned she is already in the MCU as Mary Jane I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    As for the acid rain. I can only remember two times she dealt with it. One in her solo and another X-Men issue. Been looking for the scans. I believe in the X-Men issue. She mentioned how the city pollution helps her makes the acid rain. And her solo not sure if she created it or just "felt" the acid coming.
    I can find the solo instance and post later; however, do you happen to recall the Xmen issue? Was it uncanny xmen or some other title.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

In her Ellis mini it was both. She summoned the rain storm once she areived to The Hill and then sensed the composition of the rain being acidic. The only other time I recall was in the backstory issue where she encountered Dr.Doom and had attacked him in error. She either flew into or summoned a storm near a factory that had pumped a bunch of pollutants into the air that caused the acid rain.
    Hey love do you have the issue numbers to these so that I can read them?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hey love do you have the issue numbers to these so that I can read them?
    For the Doom story I need to do some digging but for the Storm mini it was issue #2:

https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue/storm-1st-series-2

I found the issue where she was able to sense the sulfuric acid in the rain. to make acidic rain on earth I think the concentration of sulfur or nitrogen oxide would have to be enough to make acid rain. now aside from the manipulating hydrogen ions she could also manipulate the nitrogen and oxygen in a way to create nitrogen oxide within the water to make it acidic. so I could see her replicating this one earth.

For the Doom story I need to do some digging but for the Storm mini it was issue #2:

oh thank you rider for sending this. let me know if you come across the other issue.

age of xmen team with storm. I like her ensemble:

hey rider I found the second one. storm encountered acid rain in marvel comic presents issue 48. however, in this issue she didnt sense that it was acid rain. she didnt figure it out until after she was burned by it.

BANNED

Storm needs a new costume, her X-Men Red costume is underwhelming.
    Ayyaaaaaaaaaaa No. Storm is a darkskin woman with Kenyan origins and a lil bit of Harlem plz stop.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Ayyaaaaaaaaaaa No. Storm is a darkskin woman with Kenyan origins and a lil bit of Harlem plz stop.
    well. i didn't want to say nothing but glad you did.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    I understand your demand for a more ethnically accurate Storm, but what I want first is a good actress!
    And if possible with good dialogs and a little character development, that would already be an improvement!
    No more bland Storm!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I understand your demand for a more ethnically accurate Storm, but what I want first is a good actress!
    And if possible with good dialogs and a little character development, that would already be an improvement!
    No more bland Storm!
    do you think the actresses we got were good? Halle and Alex Shipp? it seemed the requirement after halle was tailored to mixed looking women as opposed to finding the right actress. I would love to have seen the casting call for that role. "female, late teens/early 20s, mixed looking woman or someone who looks like beyonce or rihanna." I wouldn't be surprised if it read something like that.

nevertheless, i'm sure there are plenty of dark-skinned chocolate young women/women that marvel can find to meet the task. they (marvel) just have to put in the work to find a good actress.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-07-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Luckily Zendaya is already cast as MJ in the Spider-Man films. Even if they are actually Sony productions, I don't think the MCU would double dip like that.

Furthermore, I don't want anymore biracial actresses as Ororo. Even if Zendaya is taller, she is far too light for Ororo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Luckily Zendaya is already cast as MJ in the Spider-Man films. Even if they are actually Sony productions, I don't think the MCU would double dip like that.

Furthermore, I don't want anymore biracial actresses as Ororo. Even if Zendaya is taller, she is far too light for Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    No more bland Storm!
    Even if said actress is a lightskinned biracial woman, playing a dark skinned black woman? Idk bout y'all but I'm ready for Storm to look like ME.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡