Page 130 of 662 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 9921
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    After Endgame, I am so excited to see the X-men in the MCU. It was such a satisfying movie. All the love and praise it gets makes me a little jealous the X-men and especially Storm don’t get this reaction.
    It will come on time. They're not gonna fail Storm, not with that stance on diversity Feige has taken. I think I can say confidently that she will look and be completely different from Halle Berry's "impersonation".

BANNED

OH YEAH!!! EndGame Was VERY GOOD.

I enjoyed it. :-) 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    After Endgame, I am so excited to see the X-men in the MCU. It was such a satisfying movie. All the love and praise it gets makes me a little jealous the X-men and especially Storm don’t get this reaction.
    I agree. I loved it and I'm buzzing with excitement for what the future brings.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I really can’t wait to see mutants in the mcu. I don’t believe x-men will be formed yet, but I do believe there are mutants because of what happened.

I was watching GoT's last night and was thinking to myself if 'Ro was present she would've handled business real quick.

I also found this list: https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...es-characters/

Thoughts? The comparisons are valid but it's nothing too deep.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I was watching GoT's last night and was thinking to myself if 'Ro was present she would've handled business real quick.

It's interesting they made that comparison between Storm and Dany, considering GRRM was supposedly going to make the Targaryens black. So yeah.

I have always seen Dany as Ororo, so that was fun to see in the article. However, I grate whenever I see articles that incorrectly say Xavier freed Ororo or that she was enslaved by Shadow King, because it is empirically incorrect in the comics canon, and only showed up in brief cartoon references. But yas, Khaleesi and Ororo for lyfe!!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

"Street Urchin to Godhood"

HAHAHAHHAHAH OH NOW everyone wants to acknowledge Storm is a Goddess. LOL

Anyway NICE comparison. Some of the other X-Men i'm like EFFY on it. But great article.

A lot of these are spot on.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I honestly thought the same thing about GOT. If Storm were there, that damn blizzard wouldn't have been an issue!

I've long seen the comparison between Storm and Daenerys. Both characters have a connection to the elements, and strong will and give one hell of an inspiring speech! They also have great leadership capabilities, though I think Storm's leadership comes from a more altruistic place than Daenerys's. They are both leaders willing to make the tough calls and do what needs to be done. Like when Danny burned all the Dorthraki Khals or burned the leaders of house Tarly. That's like Storm during the 80s. She attempted to kill her enemies, she contemplated killing Havok when he discovered the X-Men were still alive, and much more.

I am also on board with the comparison of John Snow to to Cyclops.

The comparison between Storm/Daenerys & Scott/John really highlights the difference in their leadership style. Sociologists say there are two main types of leaders: instrumental and expressive. The instrumental leader is more focused on accomplishing tasks, getting things done. The expressive leader is more focused on keeping the group focused and working together. Here's the catch: Every group has both. They might actually be the same person and one of those leaders may or may not be any good at the job, but both are always there. Storm and Cyclops are both both (yeah, I typed that right). John / Cyclops are the best instrumental leader and a good expressive leader. Storm /Daenerys are the opposite, they are great expressive leaders, and very good instrumental leaders.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 04-30-2019 at 07:14 AM.

As far as the others I am in agreement for most. I love the The Night King & Apocalypse comparison. I hadn't thought of that and think the two really match up well. Samwell Tarly & Beast is another good match as I can't stand either character. LOL.

The only one I disagree with is Cersei Lannister & Emma Frost. Sure on the surface they are alike, but that's pretty much it. I am no fan of the White Queen, but to call her Cersei is an insult. Cersei only cares about remaining in power - especially now that her kids are dead. This woman has no soul. Emma, though a colossal bitch, actually cares about her teammates and the cause. I'd match Cersei up as the Black Queen. Both of these ladies will suck the life out of you to further their own ends.

I really really hope Storm will be among the first characters seen in the MCU. Introducing her in Black Panther 2 would be amazing!

Also, there's a new Storm figure coming for Marvel Legends in the vintage X-Men line. I'm hoping for the Jim Lee silver version of her costume. What would you guys want to see?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    As far as the others I am in agreement for most. I love the The Night King & Apocalypse comparison. I hadn't thought of that and think the two really match up well. Samwell Tarly & Beast is another good match as I can't stand either character. LOL.

The only one I disagree with is Cersei Lannister & Emma Frost. Sure on the surface they are alike, but that's pretty much it. I am no fan of the White Queen, but to call her Cersei is an insult. Cersei only cares about remaining in power - especially now that her kids are dead. This woman has no soul. Emma, though a colossal bitch, actually cares about her teammates and the cause. I'd match Cersei up as the Black Queen. Both of these ladies will suck the life out of you to further their own ends.
    Naw. Cersei as Emma is just as correct as Dany as Ororo. Emma is an evil bitch, who occasionally likes to pretend to love her students(who all die anyways). It's a great match.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

IA with most of those except Dany and Storm. I find Dany to be an entitled spoiled brat whom wouldnt be able to do anything if she didnt have 3 dragons to act as her muscle. She cant even fight. Comparing Storm to her is an insult

Incredible Member

Someone posted this once on Reddit, I liked this idea of a MCU costume for Storm:
    Attachment 81795