Page 132 of 662 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 9921

I'll admit it's good to hear the last time we see Fox Storm might finally be one that isn't scream at the screen in frustration worthy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I'll admit it's good to hear the last time we see Fox Storm might finally be one that isn't scream at the screen in frustration worthy.
    Don't be sure of that!
    Fox's Storm has always been a bland character, not by the actresses fault, just the writing. She had inept dialogs and I don't see that changing in this movie.

Y'all know the issue of BP where Storm and T'challa have a daughter named Chaka?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Y'all know the issue of BP where Storm and T'challa have a daughter named Chaka?
    it's the 2016 black panther annual (black to the future):

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's the 2016 black panther annual (black to the future):

The "mo' people, mo' problems" line is cringe-worthy. Hudlin did a lot for the BP mythos and I'm glad he brought Storm and T'Challa together but I don't want him to write the BP comic again. However I think he did wonders in terms of marketing/promoting. He might be better suited for the X-verse, but maybe I think that would still be a stretch.
    Last edited by nj06; 04-30-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I thought their daughter was named Kymera

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought their daughter was named Kymera
    black panther has not been confirmed as the father of kymera. and was ororo confirmed her mother? I dont remember honestly.

chaka is their daughter from a future timeline as described in the black panther annual.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-30-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    will she just go away? storm in foxmen has been and will always be IRRELEVANT. no amount of gestures and accents is going to change that. besides wasnt it her complaining about not having any lines at a recent comicon?
    LOL. I don't hate her for trying to make the best out of what she has to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    I see this all the time and I think it’s hideous
    Thank goodness. I thought it was just me who really disliked this costume. I liked the drawing I saw of it, but this on a real person ain't working for me.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 04-30-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    LOL. I don't hate her for trying to make the best out of what she has to work with.
    Alexandra Shipp seems genuinly interested in the character, I'm just sorry for her she had to be part of the FOX X-Men because it wasn't good, but I understand her frustration and her anger to know that the next person who will play Storm (not her, obviously) will be given much more to play. I suppose it's been the case for most of the actors in the franchise. I'm sure Famke Jansen at the time could and would have done more. I'm sad for them because I think FOX wasted and good characters and good actors!

Shipp really said people attack her because she's not the same color as the marker they used in coloring storm for her first appearance in 1975
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Shipp really said people attack her because she's not the same color as the marker they used in coloring storm for her first appearance in 1975
    This is why I can’t be a fan of hers. She just doesn’t get it.

Incredible Member

I've seen people on boards complaining about her color. It's true. For me it's not a color problem, it's a characterisation problem. But denying some people said she was too light-skinned is denying a part of truth in what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I've seen people on boards complaining about her color. It's true. For me it's not a color problem, it's a characterisation problem. But denying some people said she was too light-skinned is denying a part of truth in what she said.
    Well in my case its both. As a dark skinned black man i feel a certain type of way when they keep casting her as a biracial light skinned woman. The characterization makes it worse and Shipp honestly isnt helping her case.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The "mo' people, mo' problems" line is cringe-worthy. Hudlin did a lot for the BP mythos and I'm glad he brought Storm and T'Challa together but I don't want him to write the BP comic again. However I think he did wonders in terms of marketing/promoting. He might be better suited for the X-verse, but maybe I think that would still be a stretch.
    and that cringeworthy line is how a lot of his writings of storm read. I agree wholeheartedly that I am so happy that hudlin placed them together and he was aware of their history enough to do so; however, his writings leaves a lot to be desired. I dont think he would necessarily be a great xmen writer either. Maybe a Luke cage solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    lolol. I don't hate either but bless her heart. she acting like what she is doing is bringing storm as we know her to the silver screen. storm was never the lackey for others as she has been portrayed in the foxmen. I'm sure she will have some moments but I just want to tell her "sweetie your time is up. sashay away!!!"

Yes maam and this is primarily my issue with her. I like her passion for the role and the character. However, willfully ignoring the problem of colorism in Hollywood, which reflects the ideals of many in America, does not help her case in my eyes or make me want to support her in any way.