Page 134 of 662 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA with most of those except Dany and Storm. I find Dany to be an entitled spoiled brat whom wouldnt be able to do anything if she didnt have 3 dragons to act as her muscle. She cant even fight. Comparing Storm to her is an insult
    Dany is not a perfect fit, none of the characters are because they are operating at very different levels and in very different genres, but of all the characters present in GOT, who else would fit better for Storm?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    So my reaction reading your post and all the wonderful, intelligent things you said was, "Old girl said what?!?" in reference to the embolden section. I knew some of her replies were tone deaf, but good grief! I'd agree that her attitude and seemingly willful ignorance is part of the reason she is getting so much hate. She needs to take several seats. Bye Felicia!

I agree with your points about Storm's historical significance as black cultural figure; that should not be undervalued. That's why I put so much blame of Fox for their miscasting the character. They didn't understand the gem they had and how if cast appropriately and written true to character, Storm could have been a movement , (not to mention a cash cow for the company).

Look at how the black culture responded to Black Panther. A large part of that was casting Chadwick as T'Challa. He had the acting chops to pull it off and he also looked the part. Disney gets that this is important. I don't think there would have been the same response of say, Michael Ealy was cast as the Black Panther. Michael is GORGEOUS, a great actor and very charismatic. However, he doesn't look the part of T'Challa. Disney learned for their misstep in casting Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One in Dr. Strange. They won't make the same mistake twice.

Black culture is HUNGRY for true representation. I don't know if any one has ever ready Kevin Feige's statement about the Black Panther's success, but it proves to me he gets this. That's part of the reason I am so excited that they have control of the X-Men now. We should FINALLY get the Storm for which we've been yearning.

PS - I am glad you appreciated my sharing my husband's challenges. He really questioned me for telling "our business" with strangers on the internet. I may have to pull something special out the lingerie drawer tonight to make up for this one! (Don't tell him I shared this, too! lol)

hello!?!? and what was even more frustrating is that some (not all) were trying to have a constructive conversation around the topic of colorism but she dismissed it with statement. I was appalled and after seeing her response she lost any respect I had in her playing the character.

and excellent point sbkuy tchalla and drawing the parallel between the casting for the ancient one. I think its awesome that in spite of making these less than wise choices its good they listen and correct themselves, where appropriate. as I dont want to see ororo race bent I personally want marvel to stay as accurate when it comes to portraying these characters as possible. but to ororo if done right I think she would be just as impactful as ww when her film hit.

and no I never read it or dont recall. if u have link please share. and yaaassss to getting and seeing the storm we have been wanting to see since the xmen dropped in 2000.

and tell hubby dont be like that we are all a part of the storm family. and u betta put it on a play that cut by beyonce "let me sit this a$$ on you" lolol

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    You're right, Marvel/Disney makes great castings, with actors that look the part and that's why I'm sure the day they will cast Storm, everybody will be pleased! They have made few mistakes until now, I don't see them begin with Storm. For the Ancient One, it was an accident, for me. They tried something different but it didn't work.

I hope you are right. I have seen people complain here and there about some choses marvel has made but I think overall most have been received well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Here is a link to the article with Kevin Feige that I referenced, and here is what he said in that leads me to believe he gets it.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...black-panther/

“Black Panther’s not real. He’s not a real person, but he represents real hopes and real dreams and real representation. And so there’s a certain amount of pressure that came with that, delivering on what people have been dreaming about for years, whether they read the comic book or not, because a lot of people said, ‘Wait a minute, this is a hero that looks like me.’ And the importance of that really can’t be understated.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Here is a link to the article with Kevin Feige that I referenced, and here is what he said in that leads me to believe he gets it.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...black-panther/

“Black Panther’s not real. He’s not a real person, but he represents real hopes and real dreams and real representation. And so there’s a certain amount of pressure that came with that, delivering on what people have been dreaming about for years, whether they read the comic book or not, because a lot of people said, ‘Wait a minute, this is a hero that looks like me.’ And the importance of that really can’t be understated.”
    thank u for sharing

hope all storm fans are having a great weekend
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Just saw Endgame for a 2nd time. After seeing the way the characters fly/maneuver thru the air in this movie and the previous MCU films makes me cringe at how badly Storm's "flying" skills have been.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Just saw Endgame for a 2nd time. After seeing the way the characters fly/maneuver thru the air in this movie and the previous MCU films makes me cringe at how badly Storm's "flying" skills have been.
    In defense past Storm in movies the Tech has come along away, I doubt Storm flying is going to be that bad in DP

lmfao. u mean to tell me u didnt like the zip line trick from the latest xmen movie lol

Yeah. I’ll never forget that one scene in apocalypse. The wire work was so bad. And the thing is, the MCU has been making characters fly since the first iron man movie. The X-men movies have yet to do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In defense past Storm in movies the Tech has come along away, I doubt Storm flying is going to be that bad in DP
    I dont think it would have mattered. They've never put the budget towards making Storm look good

Fox never even bothered to make Magneto's flying look good either, so yeah, they just suck.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I just keep thinking how they had access to so many characters and they just focused on the same three for 20 years. There’s one scene in Endgame that makes me realize how many characters got wasted in the Fox verse.

I was just thinking about Jeans flying at the end of X3 today and how horrendous that was. Hopefully the MCU will give the X-Men better flying skills.

Fox has no excuse when Johnny Storm had decent flying in the horrible FF films.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think it would have mattered. They've never put the budget towards making Storm look good
    I think if only they had given her some characterization, some good dialogs, the cringy flying would have mattered less!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Fox has no excuse when Johnny Storm had decent flying in the horrible FF films.
    good point. we have to remember vision of the xmen and how they wanted to present them were as "grounded" or realistic as possible. showing storm zip around through the air as she has been shown to do in the comics would have gone against that model.