Page 144 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 9921
    BANNED

Exactly, ^^^^^^^^

I don't have the nessisary Computer right now to show scans. But there have been instances of other people being convinced that MAYBE Storm is a Goddess just by being around her and seeing how she operates her powers. I know Wolverine himself has questioned that Storm probably is a Goddess.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mean I understand your skepticism. But if were going by the pics posted: Punk Storm and Child Storm. I think those are just trivial points of Storm's life. I mean he can change who Storm was trained by as a child for all I care and the reason of Storm going Punk I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    Now you see...appreciation of the specifics will definitely vary from person to person.
    I loved her Cairo/thief backstory and her becoming Punk Storm was a significant development/era of her life for me...so...
    That said, I personally won't be too torn up if he makes significant changes because I'm so bored with the X-Men as is, I'll welcome just about anything new and different at this time.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Exactly, ^^^^^^^^

I don't have the nessisary Computer right now to show scans. But there have been instances of other people being convinced that MAYBE Storm is a Goddess just by being around her and seeing how she operates her powers. I know Wolverine himself has questioned that Storm probably is a Goddess.
    Storm being a goddess is something that has always been a part of her mythos and very integral to one of her biggest development when she went punk. Losing her powers and being a goddess help humble her to appreciate the gift she had been given and to understand that having those powers dont define her as well. it was something forged mentioned upon giving her access to her powers again:

But best believe when the time came to become a "goddess" once again she accepted it and didnt choose to stay corporeal and grounded:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-14-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Now you see...appreciation of the specifics will definitely vary from person to person.
    I loved her Cairo/thief backstory and her becoming Punk Storm was a significant development/era of her life for me...so...
    That said, I personally won't be too torn up if he makes significant changes because I'm so bored with the X-Men as is, I'll welcome just about anything new and different at this time.
    I agree. I don't mind change I just hope it's nothing MAJOR that affects her History.

Well, yeah your right. But throughout her history it has been speculated many times IF she is a Goddess or not. Is it apart of her characterization? No, not really but it is apart of her history. Even Claremont has hinted of her being a Goddess. Sadly, he did not expand on it because it wasn't that imported YET.
    If it's been only mere speculation and conference table back and forth, and the only person to actually bring it to the fore is a writer not affiliated with the office to which she belongs then...it could not have been that relevant to her character growth.
    The fact that so many of us absolutely love and cherish her character and capabilities, without being a true Goddess, does speak to its irrelevance.
    It's just a potential aspect...it never defined who she was, how she thought , how she acted, how she lived, how she saw herself.
    If HiX-Man gets those other parts right then Goddess Storm could not exist/be spoken of at all, ever...and I'll be good with that.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-14-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Exactly, ^^^^^^^^

were you referring to this scan here:

it's been hinted as you correctly stated throughout her history and we have coates to thank for making that a realization. the fact it will be further developed in fearless outside of coates is more indication it's a part of canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I mean I understand your skepticism. But if were going by the pics posted: Punk Storm and Child Storm. I think those are just trivial points of Storm's life. I mean he can change who Storm was trained by as a child for all I care and the reason of Storm going Punk I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    lolol I'm not sure some would agree here but I understand your point. as long as what Coates has developed her to do is not impacted I say let Hickman have his fun

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If it's been only mere speculation and conference table back and forth, and the only person to actually bring it to the fore is a writer not affiliated with the office to which she belongs then...it could not have been that relevant to her character growth.
    The fact that so many of us absolutely love and cherish her character and capabilities, without being a true Goddess, does speak to its irrelevance.
    It's just a potential aspect...it never defined who she was, how she thought , how she acted, how she lived, how she saw herself.
    If HiX-Man gets those other parts right then Goddess Storm could not exist/be spoken of at all, ever...and I'll be good with that.
    I will have to disagree with you here. Storm being mentioned of possibly being a Goddess over the years is nothing, but potential she has yet reached. I would say at that time back then it wasn't apart of her Character Growth because Charles X told her she is just a mutant. But as time grew Storm herself is starting believe she is not just a mutant, but something more(A Goddess). Many of us love Storm for different reasons. However, since the mention of Storm becoming something more than a mutant a possible Goddess i'm sure many fans of Storm have been intrigued and have wondered "What if Storm is a Goddess???". Technically it's always been relevant if writers and characters mention or ask questions about Storm being or was worshipped as a God. Then you look at her going "Rogue Storm" it kinda seals the Deal.

I don't understand what you mean about it being a potential that didn't define her. How? she's been always referring to herself as once being worshiped as a God.
    Well, you may be good with it. But I wouldn't because it potential that has always been with her for the longest time. Kinda hard not to think of Storm and not say she was worshiped as a Goddess in Kenya........

I will have to disagree with you here. Storm being mentioned of possibly being a Goddess over the years is nothing, but potential she has yet reached. I would say at that time back then it wasn't apart of her Character Growth because Charles X told her she is just a mutant. But as time grew Storm herself is starting believe she is not just a mutant, but something more(A Goddess). Many of us love Storm for different reasons. However, since the mention of Storm becoming something more than a mutant a possible Goddess i'm sure many fans of Storm have been intrigued and have wondered "What if Storm is a Goddess???". Technically it's always been relevant if writers and characters mention or ask questions about Storm being or was worshipped as a God. Then you look at her going "Rogue Storm" it kinda seals the Deal.

I don't understand what you mean about it being a potential that didn't define her. How? she's been always referring to herself as once being worshiped as a God.
    Well, you may be good with it. But I wouldn't because it potential that has always been with her for the longest time. Kinda hard not to think of Storm and not say she was worshiped as a Goddess in Kenya........
    you never see these types of things when it comes to iceman, jean, magneto. not sure why ororo exploring and achieving what can be seen throughout her history is met by so much resistance. you make valid points here!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    were you referring to this scan here:

it's been hinted as you correctly stated throughout her history and we have coates to thank for making that a realization. the fact it will be further developed in fearless outside of coates is more indication it's a part of canon.
    No, that isn't what I was talking about.

I have to go back and look. It was a situation where the X-Men were in and Storm did something to the point Logan stopped and questioned himself of Storm being an actual God. Because back then he thought Storm was full of BS that people worshiped her.

No, that isn't what I was talking about.

I have to go back and look. It was a situation where the X-Men were in and Storm did something to the point Logan stopped and questioned himself of Storm being an actual God. Because back then he thought Storm was full of BS that people worshiped her.
    oh I dont remenber that please send t when u can

In context, in those instances when she mentioned it, she wasn't acknowledging her divinity, instead just drawing reference from where she came to where she was at, at the time. In essence, stating that being worshiped as a Goddess does not/did not make her so...but that she has the power and the strength to do what she must. After she left Kenya and learned about the world at large, I don'i think she herself ever believed that she was an actual Goddess.
    Some of you may subscribe to the "she didn't become a Goddess because Xavier held her back" idea. That he was essentially lying to her when he approached her in the Kenyan village.
    I don't see it that way. Never have.
    I think he obviously recognised her potential...that is without doubt... but understood fully well that she was a mutant first and foremost (not what the villagers believed) and the inevitable path to Godhood is pointless if she sacrificed her humanity to travel that road...as with the Rogue Storm story.
    Thereafter, she lived her life simply as a human, as a mutant...albeit one of the most powerful.
    For her, her potential divinity was never a sought after destination/goal...that's why it doesn't/didn't define her.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-14-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Hickman's ideas seem to be intriguing and him actually doing some long term planning is a plus for me, so I'm tentatively excited. As far as Storm goes, I do find it interesting she hasn't turn up on any covers (that goes for certain other characters as well), but I guess we'll see on future covers. Anyway, I'm gonna play the waiting game. If it's not to my liking, I'll drop the X-Books for good. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Hickman's ideas seem to be intriguing and him actually doing some long term planning is a plus for me, so I'm tentatively excited. As far as Storm goes, I do find it interesting she hasn't turn up on any covers (that goes for certain other characters as well), but I guess we'll see on future covers. Anyway, I'm gonna play the waiting game. If it's not to my liking, I'll drop the X-Books for good. *shrugs*
    yes u brought up what I mentioned before which is that ororo is NO WHERE to be seen on any of those covers or preview pages. I wasnt impressed with the little I saw of Hickmans storm so I'm not wasting these coins but please boo tell me how you like it

are you seeing the foxmen last stand part 2

And about Storm's Godhood. I see it as this. Around the time she was worshiped in Kenya, yeah, you can say Storm wasn't a Goddess. She was a girl with weather powers, helping out a local village. The villagers, although maybe not all of them, worshiped her because it was something extraordinary--very godlike in their eyes. So Storm let that ish rock, because that was only explanation she had, as to why she could do what she do. Enter Xavier. He tells her she's a mutant and convinces her to leave her village to fight for the mutant cause. And she does. She lives her life as human/mutant super heroine.

But then we fast forward and we see Ororo spinning in the dirt as of late. And from a narrative standpoint and character development, potential stories could be told of Storm finally realizing her godhood. And where I'm going with this? It doesn't matter whether she was a goddess back then, during her life in Kenya. What matters is whether or not she can tap into her higher self and become a god in the future---or in the present. Coates, despite his writing shortcomings, got the ball rolling. It depends on Hickman and whether he takes that ball and run with it. But most writers are going to be iffy in doing so because that could be a potential storytelling nightmare. How can you write character who is ****-ton more powerful than his/her teammates? Why do you think Monica got powered down recently? Although, I think that's kind of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes u brought up what I mentioned before which is that ororo is NO WHERE to be seen on any of those covers or preview pages. I wasnt impressed with the little I saw of Hickmans storm so I'm not wasting these coins but please boo tell me how you like it

are you seeing the foxmen last stand part 2
    Chile, I'm not about to waste my 36th birthday watching that crap. I'll catch it on bootleg. Also, with Hickman, I'll wait and see. I'm sure, if he gets **** wrong, other Storm fans will eat his heart for breakfast.