Page 15 of 662 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

I found this and thought you guys may like it.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I found this and thought you guys may like it.
    aww that's so cute thanks for sharing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://www.cbr.com/excessive-forces...olled-or-else/

Ororo Munroe aka Storm, has been called a lot of things: Queen, Goddess, Weather Witch, Windrider. The one thing she ordinarily isn’t called is Omega, which is why her presence on this list may surprise you. Writers in the past have said that she has the potential to be an Omega Mutant, but hasn’t reached the threshold yet. However, we’re pretty sure she has.

Storm is able to control the weather in all of its forms. Among her many powers, her ability to manipulate lightning is perhaps her strongest. Since Marvel introduced her in 1975, her abilities have only grown. Powerful to begin with, Storm is an incredible force of nature that surely deserves the title of "Omega".

I simply will never understand why they dont explore the aspects of her power that has was hinted at years ago. I hope after this alternate universe trash we can finally get a storm fans deserve.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Ororo Munroe aka Storm, has been called a lot of things: Queen, Goddess, Weather Witch, Windrider. The one thing she ordinarily isn’t called is Omega, which is why her presence on this list may surprise you. Writers in the past have said that she has the potential to be an Omega Mutant, but hasn’t reached the threshold yet. However, we’re pretty sure she has.

Storm is able to control the weather in all of its forms. Among her many powers, her ability to manipulate lightning is perhaps her strongest. Since Marvel introduced her in 1975, her abilities have only grown. Powerful to begin with, Storm is an incredible force of nature that surely deserves the title of "Omega".

I simply will never understand why they dont explore the aspects of her power that has was hinted at years ago. I hope after this alternate universe trash we can finally get a storm fans deserve.
    Agreed. The way she gets written I wouldn’t call her power level “excessive” (practically 1 dimensional these days), and while her lightning/electric element abilities are powerful I think its debatable to suggest its her strongest. I think her greatest showings of power has been with air. I just miss my versatile, resourceful and tactically skilled Ororo.

They did a partially updated trading card style cover for X-Men Gold #13 last year and her stats are same as the last OHOTMU entry that needs some updates. I always felt her Intelligence rating should be a 3 (learned/above normal) and Fighting Ability has graduated to a 5 (not formally a master of a fighting form but has the skills to challenge if not rival one).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's funny that they say lightning is her strongest ability (which will account for all the Lightning Lass appearances of late and writers not knowing or caring about...anything) then when they show her using it...it's 99.9% pointless and ineffective AF.

They dont even explore aspects of her powerset which have been canon to her since the 70s such as snow, hurricanes and winds. 99% of the time its lightning and the other stuff only make rare appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. The way she gets written I wouldn’t call her power level “excessive” (practically 1 dimensional these days), and while her lightning/electric element abilities are powerful I think its debatable to suggest its her strongest. I think her greatest showings of power has been with air. I just miss my versatile, resourceful and tactically skilled Ororo.

They did a partially updated trading card style cover for X-Men Gold #13 last year and her stats are same as the last OHOTMU entry that needs some updates. I always felt her Intelligence rating should be a 3 (learned/above normal) and Fighting Ability has graduated to a 5 (not formally a master of a fighting form but has the skills to challenge if not rival one).

I miss the versatility of her powers as well. is it laziness of the writer or artist or both? I have no clue but its tiring that only one aspect of her abilities are shown. and if they are to show her use lightning only let's get creative with the application at least. it's all so uninspired.

I have a question about her stats. why is she generally shown as being able to manipulate one form of energy when her powers would allow her to manipulate multiple forms of energy? I agree with your assessment for intelligence and fighting skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They dont even explore aspects of her powerset which have been canon to her since the 70s such as snow, hurricanes and winds. 99% of the time its lightning and the other stuff only make rare appearances
    yup it's a tragedy what they have done to this rich character.

I miss the versatility of her powers as well. is it laziness of the writer or artist or both? I have no clue but its tiring that only one aspect of her abilities are shown. and if they are to show her use lightning only let's get creative with the application at least. it's all so uninspired.

I have a question about her stats. why is she generally shown as being able to manipulate one form of energy when her powers would allow her to manipulate multiple forms of energy? I agree with your assessment for intelligence and fighting skill.
    Its both. Most times I dont think writers write material for her so its up to the artists to just envision how they utilize her in fight scenes and I guess its easiest to just have her throw a lightning bolt. It takes more creativity to showcase her doing something cool with her powers as we saw when she rained that tsunami on Nova in Red but most writers arent giving her spotlight moments

Its both. Most times I dont think writers write material for her so its up to the artists to just envision how they utilize her in fight scenes and I guess its easiest to just have her throw a lightning bolt. It takes more creativity to showcase her doing something cool with her powers as we saw when she rained that tsunami on Nova in Red but most writers arent giving her spotlight moments
    that actually makes sense. because if she was central to the actual story being told it seems more probable the writer would depict her doing something other than shooting lightning. I'm still curious if she used wind to create that tsunami or if she took control of the actual water and created it that way. what do you think?

oh I forgot to mention dont forget to vote for storm here!!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

that actually makes sense. because if she was central to the actual story being told it seems more probable the writer would depict her doing something other than shooting lightning. I'm still curious if she used wind to create that tsunami or if she took control of the actual water and created it that way. what do you think?
    I always thought it was the wind she used to lift up the water

I always thought it was the wind she used to lift up the water
    gotcha. yea I can see that especially with the thunder clouds shown before she created it. I wish writers would do think so ambiguously without explaining what is going on in the panel. as much as I liked the feat these types of questions would come up if that they just expressed what the was happening. for me I thought there was no wind as you never see any active wind drawn. but by the scan where she extends her hand I can see why you came to the conclusion you did:

Its such a shame. I don't know why people are obsessed with lightning. It is not that impressive or as destructive as a hurricane, tsunami, or tornado. I am not sure why writers resort to lightning, it is not her only power set and if they are worried about her being otp they need to recall that in order to create massive feats she needs time and concentration. Afterwards she needs rest due to using her power supply. It is an easy fix. Why can't they set that limit for themselves when writing her?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Its such a shame. I don't know why people are obsessed with lightning. It is not that impressive or as destructive as a hurricane, tsunami, or tornado. I am not sure why writers resort to lightning, it is not her only power set and if they are worried about her being otp they need to recall that in order to create massive feats she needs time and concentration. Afterwards she needs rest due to using her power supply. It is an easy fix. Why can't they set that limit for themselves when writing her?
    I see what you mean. I think it's just easy for them. Although, Storm hasn't exactly needed rest after doing some big grandiose feat(at least not that I have seen) Concentration? Yes,other than that most of her feats if not attacks she seems to easily pull them off pretty fast. Lightning is ARGUABLE her most powerful attack, destructive absolutely. Writers make her do lightning because HONESTLY...it's easier. We can't have one character generate a F6 Typhoon and 6 F6 Tornadoes to get the Job Done. (Even Though it will) it makes her too OP for a Team setting. Then you have to explain WHY she is able to do so among a large group of people and her Teammates not getting harmed BLAH BLAH. Too much explaining the Why's and Why Not's.

Lightning Lass is just........Easier.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-10-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No excuses!
    Storm had long ago developed to the point where she can control and fine-tune her elemental powers on a micro scale, focusing on just the target...the Jovian pressure field feat, for example.
    Writers and artists are just too damn lazy!