Page 16 of 662 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/excessive-forces...olled-or-else/

Ororo Munroe aka Storm, has been called a lot of things: Queen, Goddess, Weather Witch, Windrider. The one thing she ordinarily isn’t called is Omega, which is why her presence on this list may surprise you. Writers in the past have said that she has the potential to be an Omega Mutant, but hasn’t reached the threshold yet. However, we’re pretty sure she has.

Storm is able to control the weather in all of its forms. Among her many powers, her ability to manipulate lightning is perhaps her strongest. Since Marvel introduced her in 1975, her abilities have only grown. Powerful to begin with, Storm is an incredible force of nature that surely deserves the title of "Omega".

I simply will never understand why they dont explore the aspects of her power that has was hinted at years ago. I hope after this alternate universe trash we can finally get a storm fans deserve.
    All I see here is someone needs to talk to Jean about birth control. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No excuses!
    Storm had long ago developed to the point where she can control and fine-tune her elemental powers on a micro scale, focusing on just the target...the Jovian pressure field feat, for example.
    Writers and artists are just too damn lazy!
    Silly, that was Calremont's Storm and she died once Fraction took over.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally...they can take their Omega Level title and FO. It's meaningless.
    It's not as though any of the current writers even know how to go about writing ANY characters' powers effectively, far less for someone like Storm.

BANNED

No excuses!
    Storm had long ago developed to the point where she can control and fine-tune her elemental powers on a micro scale, focusing on just the target...the Jovian pressure field feat, for example.
    Writers and artists are just too damn lazy!
    Your right. But...it's easier to them.
    And it makes other characters not seem so.....redundant.

As LAM intimated...Claremont was able to write each character to their potential without having anyone else feel/look redundant.
    No. Excuses.

BANNED

As LAM intimated...Claremont was able to write each character to their potential without having anyone else feel/look redundant.
    No. Excuses.
    Well, these writers are not Claremont so it's not exactly fair to hold them to a standard that they can't possibly meet.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-10-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Personally...they can take their Omega Level title and FO. It's meaningless.
    It's not as though any of the current writers even know how to go about writing ANY characters' powers effectively, far less for someone like Storm.
    Truthfully, I'm over the whole Omega thing...she moved to another level.

Attachment 76637
    Attachment 76638
    Attachment 76639

Just wanted to repost that goodness.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-10-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, these writers are not Claremont so it's not exactly fair to hold them to a standard that they can't possibly meet. We, expect them to know their source material as I often say. But to compare them to Claremont or Scott Lobdell or whomever isn't fair.

For me I think these writers don't exactly know the characters as well as they BELIEVE they do. And it's mixed with lazy writing that Editorial is simply slacking on.
    Exactatiously! to the bolded.

While I do agree we cannot really compare them to writers of Claremont's class...it is a different approach to executing medium nowadays. However, they still fall way short, and too often.

I see what you mean. I think it's just easy for them. Although, Storm hasn't exactly needed rest after doing some big grandiose feat(at least not that I have seen) Concentration? Yes,other than that most of her feats if not attacks she seems to easily pull them off pretty fast. Lightning is ARGUABLE her most powerful attack, destructive absolutely. Writers make her do lightning because HONESTLY...it's easier. We can't have one character generate a F6 Typhoon and 6 F6 Tornadoes to get the Job Done. (Even Though it will) it makes her too OP for a Team setting. Then you have to explain WHY she is able to do so among a large group of people and her Teammates not getting harmed BLAH BLAH. Too much explaining the Why's and Why Not's.

Lightning Lass is just........Easier.
    . Cant they just do a simple weather witch magic based character?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Its such a shame. I don't know why people are obsessed with lightning. It is not that impressive or as destructive as a hurricane, tsunami, or tornado. I am not sure why writers resort to lightning, it is not her only power set and if they are worried about her being otp they need to recall that in order to create massive feats she needs time and concentration. Afterwards she needs rest due to using her power supply. It is an easy fix. Why can't they set that limit for themselves when writing her?
    The only reason I can think of that artist/writers would be more drawn to lightning is because visually it may "pop" more than some of the her other weather effects but that still to me is no excuse.

I see what you mean. I think it's just easy for them. Although, Storm hasn't exactly needed rest after doing some big grandiose feat(at least not that I have seen) Concentration? Yes,other than that most of her feats if not attacks she seems to easily pull them off pretty fast. Lightning is ARGUABLE her most powerful attack, destructive absolutely. Writers make her do lightning because HONESTLY...it's easier. We can't have one character generate a F6 Typhoon and 6 F6 Tornadoes to get the Job Done. (Even Though it will) it makes her too OP for a Team setting. Then you have to explain WHY she is able to do so among a large group of people and her Teammates not getting harmed BLAH BLAH. Too much explaining the Why's and Why Not's.

Lightning Lass is just........Easier.
    Storm is typically always holding back though so even if she can get the job done she probably is not going to go that route as to not warp the weather to a degree that would adversely affect it in other places and/or to prevent civilians from being harmed. That said, if she turns into a "bad guy" and all we see her do is the same stupid things with her powers that she does when she holds back then I'm calling it something other holding back. I am on the side of thinking it is either lazy or they just don't get a fart. You see Jean doing all types of amazing things (such as call mutants telepathically all across the globe) so chalking it up to them not wanting her to be too OP to me is a cop out

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    All I see here is someone needs to talk to Jean about birth control. lol

Silly, that was Calremont's Storm and she died once Fraction took over.
    BISH THE SHADE IS REAL TODAY HONEY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Truthfully, I'm over the whole Omega thing...she moved to another level.

Attachment 76637
    Attachment 76638
    Attachment 76639

Just wanted to repost that goodness.
    YASSSSS!!!!! NEVER FORGET!!! OMEGA WHO??? We got Nate and Legion playing gods when the real thing is being played stupid but that's okay. In Coates we TRUST!

Ummm. BTW Have i told you I love you lately
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Here's an excerpt about Storm's willpower in an article about Dracula getting what he wants:

The X-Men, however, would not simply let the Lord of the Vampires sweep in and claim their friend as his own thrall. Kitty Pryde, in particular, figured out what happened to Storm and offered herself as a sacrifice to her fellow mutant to save Storm’s soul.

In the end, Storm’s will could not be broken and she successfully shook Drac’s hold on her. The vampire, claiming to admire her strength but probably recognizing an uphill battle “let her go” and peaced out in a hurry.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...oodsucker-down

This is proof marvel is aware that storm willpower is so insurmountable it can ward off even Dracula, yet I cant tell when I read these new xmen stories. smh
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Storm is typically always holding back though so even if she can get the job done she probably is not going to go that route as to not warp the weather to a degree that would adversely affect it in other places and/or to prevent civilians from being harmed. That said, if she turns into a "bad guy" and all we see her do is the same stupid things with her powers that she does when she holds back then I'm calling it something other holding back. I am on the side of thinking it is either lazy or they just don't get a fart. You see Jean doing all types of amazing things (such as call mutants telepathically all across the globe) so chalking it up to them not wanting her to be too OP to me is a cop out
    From the looks of it the reason Jean is able to do all these amazing things, is because it’s simple and almost a one trick Pony. No Offense to you Jean Grey Fans Out there. But Think about it. Despite her NOT having the PF anymore....what else can Jean do other than read minds and pick things up with her mind. As oppose to someone who can create Tornadoes, Blizzards, Typhoons, Lightning, Fog, Mist, Monsoon, Tsunamis, Lightning, air, pressure I mean **** the list goes on with Storm.

Truth of the matter is...controlling the Weather makes you OP as it is. And I think that’s why writers place these imaginary limits on Storm.(IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    . Cant they just do a simple weather witch magic based character?
    I mean sure why not, but then she’ll start to act like the Scarlet Witch. Storm has magic potential in her.....it’s just not used. And I personally THINK(IMO) it’s to complex for a writer such as we see today figure and incorporate it into Stories. But of course we as Fans don’t think it’s so hard because all you have to do.....AS I SAY ALL THE TIME.

READ...YOUR....SOURCE....MATERIAL.

It’s not hard.

Exactatiously! to the bolded.

While I do agree we cannot really compare them to writers of Claremont's class...it is a different approach to executing medium nowadays. However, they still fall way short, and too often.
    Your right. They fall flat. For me personally I’m not asking them TO BE LIKE CLAREMONT. I’m asking them to RESPECT the ground work that Claremont and Scott created for Storm. Don’t just write her ANYWAY YOU FEEL LIKE. Lol And that’s what’s damaging Storm. Too many writers THINK Storm is this way instead of following what Claremont wrote the character to ACTUALLY BE.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-10-2019 at 10:13 PM.

do my eyes deceive me? is storm using wind to blast her opponents away instead of shooting lightning?

From the looks of it the reason Jean is able to do all these amazing things, is because it’s simple and almost a one trick Pony. No Offense to you Jean Grey Fans Out there. But Think about it. Despite her NOT having the PF anymore....what else can Jean do other than read minds and pick things up with her mind. As oppose to someone who can create Tornadoes, Blizzards, Typhoons, Lightning, Fog, Mist, Monsoon, Tsunamis, Lightning, air, pressure I mean **** the list goes on with Storm.

Truth of the matter is...controlling the Weather makes you OP as it is. And I think that’s why writers place these imaginary limits on Storm.(IMO)

I mean sure why not, but then she’ll start to act like the Scarlet Witch. Storm has magic potential in her.....it’s just not used. And I personally THINK(IMO) it’s to complex for a writer such as we see today figure and incorporate it into Stories. But of course we as Fans don’t think it’s so hard because all you have to do.....AS I SAY ALL THE TIME.

It’s not hard.

Your right. They fall flat. For me personally I’m not asking them TO BE LIKE CLAREMONT. I’m asking them to RESPECT the ground work that Claremont and Scott created for Storm. Don’t just write her ANYWAY YOU FEEL LIKE. Lol And that’s what’s damaging Storm. Too many writers THINK Storm is this way instead of following what Claremont wrote the character to ACTUALLY BE.
    I'm not a Jean fanatic but I could have sworn she can siphon the psychic energies amping her to beat the likes of gladiator. even with storm having more versatility jean is comsidered more powerful.

It’s not hard.
    I am just tyring really hard to understand how is it that they cannot write her properly. So I keep coming in with solutions that are already present in various forms of media and still... this is the best you guys can do. My weather witch is vauge but at least I can build off from someone using their energy to control the weather to build off from. Not hard especially in table top games. Come on you guys!
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

do my eyes deceive me? is storm using wind to blast her opponents away instead of shooting lightning?

Obviously an artist mistake :P