Page 17 of 662 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do my eyes deceive me? is storm using wind to blast her opponents away instead of shooting lightning?

Wait, that must be Legion X enhancing Lightning Lass powers...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

do my eyes deceive me? is storm using wind to blast her opponents away instead of shooting lightning?

Lightning, could see redundant in this fight, but who knows. Maybe the artist thought *hey wind burst * Eh, whatever at least she’s seen as a threat and takes out a team of X-Men.....I’m fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I am just tyring really hard to understand how is it that they cannot write her properly. So I keep coming in with solutions that are already present in various forms of media and still... this is the best you guys can do. My weather witch is vauge but at least I can build off from someone using their energy to control the weather to build off from. Not hard especially in table top games. Come on you guys!
    I agree.

I'm not a Jean fanatic but I could have sworn she can siphon the psychic energies amping her to beat the likes of gladiator. even with storm having more versatility jean is comsidered more powerful.
    Teenage Jean Grey did that, not Adult Jean. That’s not the same. And I don’t see how that makes her more powerful .

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait, that must be Legion X enhancing Lightning Lass powers...lol
    lmfao ok yes this makes sense lololol. there ain't no way lightning lass would have been able create a wind tunnel to push the team back.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Lightning, could see redundant in this fight, but who knows. Maybe the artist thought *hey wind burst * Eh, whatever at least she’s seen as a threat and takes out a team of X-Men.....I’m fine with that.

I agree.

Teenage Jean Grey did that, not Adult Jean. That’s not the same. And I don’t see how that makes her more powerful .

1. oh I think it's actually good she was shown doing something more shoot lightning.

2. well in extermination it was revealed that the adult versions of the xmen would retain all the knowledge that the teenage versions had. therefore that would count as power she still could potentially tap into. now you know I dont think jean is more powerful than ororo but I think the general consensus is that jean is more powerful even with her only possessing tk and telepathy. it should also be noted that her degree of control extends to the micro level which to some would make her more powerful. add to this she is an omega level mutant. for some just because ororo can do more powerwise doesnt mean she is more powerful than jean .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this list was interesting. storm was mentioned in point number 2 but overall I think this list is spot on:

One reason nobody is talking about Dark Phoenix is because everyone is talking about what Marvel Studios will do with the X-Men characters once they own the rights to the full Fox-Marvel library. The prospect of Logan and Captain America fighting Hydra, or Storm fighting alongside Black Panther in Wakanda is far more exciting than, say, another X-Men film where the X-Men do stuff.

The Disney buy-out of Fox eclipsed any and all future Fox-Marvel films. It dominates the conversation, so any question about Dark Phoenix will inevitably reach the point where someone asks "If the franchise is gonna end once Disney buys it all, what's the point?"

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoen...-failure-flop/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

this list was interesting. storm was mentioned in point number 2 but overall I think this list is spot on:

One reason nobody is talking about Dark Phoenix is because everyone is talking about what Marvel Studios will do with the X-Men characters once they own the rights to the full Fox-Marvel library. The prospect of Logan and Captain America fighting Hydra, or Storm fighting alongside Black Panther in Wakanda is far more exciting than, say, another X-Men film where the X-Men do stuff.

The Disney buy-out of Fox eclipsed any and all future Fox-Marvel films. It dominates the conversation, so any question about Dark Phoenix will inevitably reach the point where someone asks "If the franchise is gonna end once Disney buys it all, what's the point?"

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoen...-failure-flop/
    This is so embarrassing for Fox. They had those characters for 20 years and didn’t even make a cultural impact the way Disney has with the Avengers and GotG. I give them credit for Wolverine at least.

BANNED

2. well in extermination it was revealed that the adult versions of the xmen would retain all the knowledge that the teenage versions had. therefore that would count as power she still could potentially tap into. now you know I dont think jean is more powerful than ororo but I think the general consensus is that jean is more powerful even with her only possessing tk and telepathy. it should also be noted that her degree of control extends to the micro level which to some would make her more powerful. add to this she is an omega level mutant. for some just because ororo can do more powerwise doesnt mean she is more powerful than jean .
    Knowledge...that is not the same power. But that all in of itself is a huge IF since Adult Jean has not done as her Teenage counterpart has. Therefore, I wouldn’t assume Adult Jean can do just that because she obtained the knowledge and NOT the power of younger self.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    This is so embarrassing for Fox. They had those characters for 20 years and didn’t even make a cultural impact the way Disney has with the Avengers and GotG. I give them credit for Wolverine at least.
    Definitely embarrassing, Fox I think was the one to put a comic book movie on screen back in 2000 and give it success as did. I feel if it wasn't for that we wouldn't see the other movies like Spiderman, Avengers, and many more later...

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    Definitely embarrassing, Fox I think was the one to put a comic book movie on screen back in 2000 and give it success as did. I feel if it wasn't for that we wouldn't see the other movies like Spiderman, Avengers, and many more later...
    Blade had already paved the way, and Spider-Man had already been in production for as long as X-Men had anyways(and was farrrr more successful at the same time). The superhero craze was going to happen away. If anything, Fox-Men just mired the genre in lame, 'realistic', 'toned down' themes. I can't wait to see the MCU X-Men and a return of the X-Men to their true potential.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Blade had already paved the way, and Spider-Man had already been in production for as long as X-Men had anyways(and was farrrr more successful at the same time). The superhero craze was going to happen away. If anything, Fox-Men just mired the genre in lame, 'realistic', 'toned down' themes. I can't wait to see the MCU X-Men and a return of the X-Men to their true potential.
    I can't wait either. Hopefully it won't be another "Wolverine and Company" or Charles, Erik and Mystic show. What I liked about the Disney movies is that when there is a team everyone gets a piece of the action and share the spotlight. I know you have to capitalize on the popularity of some characters but don't sacrifice others to do it.

Also I love Jean but please NO MORE DARK PHOENIX STORIES.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I can't wait either. Hopefully it won't be another "Wolverine and Company" or Charles, Erik and Mystic show. What I liked about the Disney movies is that when there is a team everyone gets a piece of the action and share the spotlight. I know you have to capitalize on the popularity of some characters but don't sacrifice others to do it.

Also I love Jean but please NO MORE DARK PHOENIX STORIES.
    I'm upset that Fox is attempting Dark Phoenix again. I don't think Disney will try a more accurate movie now.

I'm upset that Fox is attempting Dark Phoenix again. I don't think Disney will try a more accurate movie now.
    Best case scenario is that Disney just scraps Fox's DP, and after a few MCU X-Movies, does a more accurate Phoenix saga and eventually a DPS.

You would think after they made a mess of it the first time they'd leave it alone, but noooooo

You would think after they made a mess of it the first time they'd leave it alone, but noooooo
    Looks like they making the same damn movie too. Jean kills a teammate, runs to Magneto. A bunch of nonsense from nowhere in the comics. Just die already, Fox-Men.

Incredible Member

And as I said it earlier, it makes no sense just after X-Men Apocalypse and Jean's introduction to make Dark Phoenix and her corruption! You have no time to create a bond between the character and the audience. You cannot have empathy for Jean, you don't even Know hear. For the spectator that watched her in X-Men Apocalypse, she's just the Sansa girl who makes weird dreams, moves paper sheets beautifully with her mind and looks really angry at the end.
    No building, no reward.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    And as I said it earlier, it makes no sense just after X-Men Apocalypse and Jean's introduction to make Dark Phoenix and her corruption! You have no time to create a bond between the character and the audience. You cannot have empathy for Jean, you don't even Know hear. For the spectator that watched her in X-Men Apocalypse, she's just the Sansa girl who makes weird dreams, moves paper sheets beautifully with her mind and looks really angry at the end.
    No building, no reward.
    i concur with this. And worse Fox isn’t taken lessons from the more talented execution of the MCU. I eagerly await the Fox-Me. Franchise demise. I won’t watch their remaining x-movies.

oh I forgot to mention dont forget to vote for storm here!!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019
    Thanks. I voted.