Page 172 of 662 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought ice dispenser had a few cute moments in dark Phoenix. the movie was meh though.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Gurl was getting her ass beat by locsman. I'm sorry, no. It's like Toad in X1 all over again!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought ice dispenser had a few cute moments in dark Phoenix. the movie was meh though.
    Aren't you happy that Storm aka Lightning fingers didn't have more lines in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Gurl was getting her ass beat by locsman. I'm sorry, no. It's like Toad in X1 all over again!
    lololol. ok so here are my thoughts spoiler moments:

spoilers:

cute moments
    *using her powers in space to plug up breaches in space shuttle
    *creating ice cubes for cyclops drink
    *standing up to xavier
    *attacking I believe locsman with ice shards wind
    *using lightning barrage to knock off long line of aliens on train
    *blowing aliens off train with wind blast

not so cute moments:
    *ice dispenser had around a paragraph of speaking parts the entire movie
    *used lightning a majority of the time in battles
    *magneto told beast to help ice dispenser out when fighting on train
    *ice dispenser flying in air out of train looked really bad
    * needing help from Xavier to fight locsman

end of spoilers

I thought there were some creative uses of her powers but still overwhelmingly under utilized.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-06-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Aren't you happy that Storm aka Lightning fingers didn't have more lines in the movie
    I wouldnt say I'm happy. I'm actually frustrated that after nearly 20 years of Xmen movies Ororo is still treated like the token. With the little Shipp had to work with she did fine but enough is enough. I'm hopeful Marvel will bring to the big screen the Ororo her fans have come to love because Fox has butchered the character.

BANNED

For real??? Storm plugged a breached hole in a Spaceship????

That Display of power reminds me of the cartoon Storm: Pryde of the X-Men. Where Storm creates a bubble to protect her team from the vacuum of space. Ok Nice Nice.

But from what I’m hearing Storm sounds pretty trash here. But UGH I guess I must see this crappy movie for myself. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

That Display of power reminds me of the cartoon Storm: Pryde of the X-Men. Where Storm creates a bubble to protect her team from the vacuum of space. Ok Nice Nice.
    Pryde's actually made like an electrified wind bubble to plug the asteroid, and ferry her teammates back to their Blackbird to escape. That was pretty cool, visually. This one used a less sophisticated approach and even said "I can't keep it together" before having Jean step up to take over.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Pryde's actually made like an electrified wind bubble to plug the asteroid, and ferry her teammates back to their Blackbird to escape. That was pretty cool, visually. This one used a less sophisticated approach and even said "I can't keep it together" before having Jean step up to take over.
    I wouldnt say I'm happy. I'm actually frustrated that after nearly 20 years of Xmen movies Ororo is still treated like the token. With the little Shipp had to work with she did fine but enough is enough. I'm hopeful Marvel will bring to the big screen the Ororo her fans have come to love because Fox has butchered the character.
    So you two actually went to see it, I was certain y’all were adamant not to? I honestly thought about it but after the reviews and seeing all of her scenes in the Emeli video I’m passing on it. I hope this movie bombs.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean couldn't keep it together either tho.

What? Whelp I guess I’m not watching this movie. I was considering it but if she is getting her ass beat by someone it sounds like she curbstomp (like Toad) then I won’t waste my time or money. How pathetic. Shipp was talking about how “Storm is kicking all the bootay...”but got her ass handed to her? By some broke ass low budget urban Medusa?!
    Last edited by STORM1977; 06-06-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    So you two actually went to see it, I was certain y’all were adamant not to? I honestly thought about it but after the reviews and seeing all of her scenes in the Emeli video I’m passing on it. I hope this movie bombs.
    Chile I would never and mma just leave it at that lol. I hope it bombs as well.

yea that was a bit offputting however to be fair spoilers:
    Jean had to be on the ship to do what she did[ while ice dispenser was able to patch it up from a distance
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

But from what I’m hearing Storm sounds pretty trash here. But UGH I guess I must see this crappy movie for myself. -_-
    if ur going to see ice dispenser do a couple if cool things this movie is for you. if you are going to see her have meaningful interactions while being an integral part if the movie I suggest you save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Jean couldn't keep it together either tho.
    and spoilers:
    she had to be on the ship
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    What? Whelp I guess I’m not watching this movie. I was considering it but if she is getting her ass beat by someone it sounds like she curbstomp (like Toad) then I won’t waste my time or money. How pathetic. Shipp was talking about how “Storm is kicking all the bootay...”but got her ass handed to her? By some broke ass low budget urban Medusa?!
    towards the end yes she was kicking bootah and even had a short h2h moment but the latter was nothing noteworthy.

I will say if ice dispenser was actually used to her full potential there would not have been much of a movie because honestly most of these threats magneto, ice dispenser, Xavier, or cyclops (maybe) could have taken them by themselves.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Making icecubes for drinks is Iceman shtick and yet they got Storm doing it. Lmao goodbye Fox-men.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Making icecubes for drinks is Iceman shtick and yet they got Storm doing it. Lmao goodbye Fox-men.
    lol I thought it was cute and creative use of her powers which is something I wanted to see 20 years ago but ororo should be more than a freaking ice dispenser.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

lol I thought it was cute and creative use of her powers which is something I wanted to see 20 years ago but ororo should be more than a freaking ice dispenser.
    The only thing I liked with what they did with Storm was when she created mini tornadoes to throw the enemy planes off course in X2.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The only thing I liked with what they did with Storm was when she created mini tornadoes to throw the enemy planes off course in X2.
    oh yes!!! hands down probably my most favorite power display by her. how deadly would she be if she brought tactics like that imore often than just fingertips lightning. vhad she dropped a tornado on Jean when they first encountered her outside her family home that wlcould be an instant ko if not an easy bfr. when watching ice dispenser how she is portrayed uou don't get the sense she could do smething as massive as she did in x2
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-07-2019 at 12:00 AM.