Page 190 of 662 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    This made my morning. This is absolutely beautiful. Going to be a wonderful addition to my she-room.
    ooooooh could u grace us with a picture of this glorious room.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thank you <3. This will get purchased tonight!
    you're welcome boo!!! I'm not even sure what I purchased but I saw the cover and had to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    This is so gorgeous, wish I could afford it. Must be satisfied with having the picture on my computer.
    it is is beautiful I had to have it when I saw it. and that's ok :we all celebrate her in our ways
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, Storm appearing in this "Fearless" Comic is actually a good step in the right direction. As for Hickman we will just have to see. But I agree, i'd like to see Storm appear in other comics and written well. It's almost like Marvel does not want any Mutants to mingle with other heroes except people like: Rogue and Sunspot......
    As I already said here, Storm's place should be on the core Avengers team, not on a Unity Squad, but on the major team with the other major heroes of the Marvel Universe. This would do much more good for the mutant cause than staying in the background of an X-Men team. Because we all now that right now, it's the time for Jean to shine as the most proeminent X-woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    As I already said here, Storm's place should be on the core Avengers team, not on a Unity Squad, but on the major team with the other major heroes of the Marvel Universe. This would do much more good for the mutant cause than staying in the background of an X-Men team. Because we all now that right now, it's the time for Jean to shine as the most proeminent X-woman.
    Does Storm need to Join the Avengers? Yes, if that's the only way for Storm to move around the MU then yes. But I will say no "we all" do not know that it's time for Jean to be the most prominent X-Women. She's been dead for a good amount of time and now you wanna slap a title on her that she hasn't done anything to really deserve it? Nah, i'm not with you on that bro sorry. Storm is still the most prominent X-Women to me.

It's not looking good for Storm on the main X-team though. She's on almost none of the Hickman covers so far, while Jean is all over them.

Storm needs her own solo more than she needs Avengers membership, though. The main Avengers book is decent, but basically all of them have their own books(and MCU solo film franchises...) and they really aren't getting that much to do in the team book(just a little quip and feat for each).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm not convinced Hickman is going to have this amazing xmen run that some believe. yes storm needs to be on a main avengers title but I'm ok with the gradual introduction. we have her in BP, soon to be fearless and who knows what else marvel has down the pipeline. we do know that she will be one of two female xmen on mua. We also have heard rumors that feige is going to want to promote cyclops and ororo whenever the reboot happens so this will most certainly translate, if true, in the xbooks. and with a failed movie featuring Jean I dont think any could make the claim she is prominent than all the other female characters at least not in a good way
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not convinced Hickman is going to have this amazing xmen run that some believe. yes storm needs to be on a main avengers title but I'm ok with the gradual introduction. we have her in BP, soon to be fearless and who knows what else marvel has down the pipeline. we do know that she will be one of two female xmen on mua. We also have heard rumors that feige is going to want to promote cyclops and ororo whenever the reboot happens so this will most certainly translate, if true, in the xbooks. and with a failed movie featuring Jean I dont think any could make the claim she is prominent than all the other female characters at least not in a good way
    I agree with you, I think Ororo will be great in the MCU, given their stance on diversity.
    Another thing I wanted to say is that loving Ororo and Storm (and Emma, for me!) is not mutually exclusive! You can love both. And by X-Men Red and Hickman's first look, you know Marvel wants to promote Jean in the X-books and that's great. I wish they were able to promote more than 1 female character at a time, because the X-women are great characters.
    My take is, if they can't, let's have Ororo in a book where she will be given some room to breathe and significance. The core Avengers team seems to me a good place to acknowledge her level of power. I see it as a statement. She's one of the big guns of the Marvel Universe.

I agree with you, I think Ororo will be great in the MCU, given their stance on diversity.
    Another thing I wanted to say is that loving Ororo and Storm (and Emma, for me!) is not mutually exclusive! You can love both. And by X-Men Red and Hickman's first look, you know Marvel wants to promote Jean in the X-books and that's great. I wish they were able to promote more than 1 female character at a time, because the X-women are great characters.
    My take is, if they can't, let's have Ororo in a book where she will be given some room to breathe and significance. The core Avengers team seems to me a good place to acknowledge her level of power. I see it as a statement. She's one of the big guns of the Marvel Universe.
    your first statement is why I think ororo is truly about to blow up. look what marvel has done for captain marvel and black psnther. with ororo being female and black it would make for an epic first if they were to green light a solo.

I think you may have meant ororo and Jean but I totally agree the xoffices are totally looking to promote Jean which I have no issue with as a storm fan. my BIGGEST concern with the xbooks is that these covers are that of mainly white characters. frankly I'm over reading about the struggles white mutants face; it's been done to death. for the xfranchise to be that of inclusion and diversity you dont get the feel of that from the covers. this is also why I love that coates has taken a genuine interest in the character and has made her a prominent figure within the BP mythos because if not for coates what on earth would we have to talk about here noteworthy within the xbooks as of present? her hairstyle, costume, and if we like major x or not?

I think the best thing for ororo, since the xoffices still clearly dont care to include her beyond being a token or for nostalgic purposes, would be for her to make appearances here and there in the xbooks while being a main character in BP and the avengers. it would allow for her to increase her fanbase beyond the xbooks and allow for her to face bigger threats that allows her to cut loose power wise.

so all of that I totally agree with your commentary on how she should be utilized.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-21-2019 at 09:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's not looking good for Storm on the main X-team though. She's on almost none of the Hickman covers so far, while Jean is all over them.

Storm needs her own solo more than she needs Avengers membership, though. The main Avengers book is decent, but basically all of them have their own books(and MCU solo film franchises...) and they really aren't getting that much to do in the team book(just a little quip and feat for each).
    You know as much as I do that covers are mis-leading. Just because we don’t see Storm on there doesn’t mean she ain’t. I’m confident she will be in there.

You know as much as I do that covers are mis-leading. Just because we don’t see Storm on there doesn’t mean she ain’t. I’m confident she will be in there.
    if she ain't on the cover and shes in the book she will be wallpaper. also it shows they ain't interested in promoting her. you put characters on covere when you want fans to pick it up.

Incredible Member

your first statement is why I think ororo is truly about to blow up. look what marvel has done for captain marvel and black psnther. with ororo being female and black it would make for an epic first if they were to green light a solo.

I think you may have meant ororo and Jean but I totally agree the xoffices are totally looking to promote Jean which I have no issue with as a storm fan. my BIGGEST concern with the xbooks is that these covers are that of mainly white characters. frankly I'm over reading about the struggles white mutants face; it's been done to death. for the xfranchise to be that of inclusion and diversity you dont get the feel of that from the covers. this is also why I love that coates has taken a genuine interest in the character and has made her a prominent figure within the BP mythos because if not for coates what on earth would we have to talk about here noteworthy within the xbooks as of present? her hairstyle, costume, and if we like major x or not?

I think the best thing for ororo, since the xoffices still clearly dont care to include her beyond being a token or for nostalgic purposes, would be for her to make appearances here and there in the xbooks while being a main character in BP and the avengers. it would allow for her to increase her fanbase beyond the xbooks and allow for her to face bigger threats that allows her to cut loose power wise.

so all of that I totally agree with your commentary on how she should be utilized.
    I totally agree with you on every level. For outcasts, the X-Men always seemed predominantly white straight men! Remember the scandal when iceman made his coming out (apart from the story problems, but that's bendis!). The international cast of Giant-size X-Men 1 didn't last long. Asian, Africans, Native americans shouldn't be token characters. Where is Dust today? Outside the X-books!
    It's a story about the fight of minorities for a place to live where you don't see so much minorities.

I totally agree with you on every level. For outcasts, the X-Men always seemed predominantly white straight men! Remember the scandal when iceman made his coming out (apart from the story problems, but that's bendis!). The international cast of Giant-size X-Men 1 didn't last long. Asian, Africans, Native americans shouldn't be token characters. Where is Dust today? Outside the X-books!
    It's a story about the fight of minorities for a place to live where you don't see so much minorities.
    that last sentence is spot on and until the xoffices attempt to embrace diversity as the avengers side have I csnt see myself really supporting the title. but you bring up s good point. al long as the teams are predominantly white and straight you dony hear many complaints buy change that and the criticism will follow. I remember a similar thing with BP&C when people said it was forced that a team of only black superheros were fighting on the same team. never hear this when it's an all white team.

BANNED

if she ain't on the cover and shes in the book she will be wallpaper. also it shows they ain't interested in promoting her. you put characters on covere when you want fans to pick it up.
    That’s not all true.

Incredible Member

that last sentence is spot on and until the xoffices attempt to embrace diversity as the avengers side have I csnt see myself really supporting the title. but you bring up s good point. al long as the teams are predominantly white and straight you dony hear many complaints buy change that and the criticism will follow. I remember a similar thing with BP&C when people said it was forced that a team of only black superheros were fighting on the same team. never hear this when it's an all white team.
    That's incomprehensible for me. I'm white but I never had any problem with an all-Black team or asians if that made sense, and the crew made sense, it was in fact a great book. And I remember Morrison's introduction of Dust was met at the times with lots of complaints. Seems some people are more at ease with metaphores when they are just metaphores. When it becomes real, they freak out.

That’s not all true.
    find me an xbook where she was not on cover but then turned out to have a prominent role in the issue and I will recant my statement.

That's incomprehensible for me. I'm white but I never had any problem with an all-Black team or asians if that made sense, and the crew made sense, it was in fact a great book. And I remember Morrison's introduction of Dust was met at the times with lots of complaints. Seems some people are more at ease with metaphores when they are just metaphores. When it becomes real, they freak out.
    you better preach! some people cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I recall ALADDIN EFFECT as a Graphic Novel which usually meant some mature content (was the format exempt from Comics Code authority?). The story was told from an innocent girls perspective and was fanciful by nature but it also gave us a full frontal nude image of Ororo in goddess mode and a crisis setup similar to something you might see on The Walking Dead.
    And speaking of Storm’s original costume cast in all white, Greg Laroque, in a rare bit of work for Marvel,really made it work.

I like the outfit there.