Page 194 of 662 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So take ororo out of it. What would have made them happy? How would Tchalla have taken out Adversary based on his powerset? The fans want Tchalla to be the big bad everything but it simply doesnt make sense in all scenarios. He is going to need help, he is going to need allies hence "no one man." They want to see him going toe to toe with gods ( like when he beat the tiger god) even when it doesnt make sense from the perspective of his powerset. And despite the spin in the BP thread Ororo hasnt been in that many issues, maybe even a handful out of all of the issues that have been written. To say Tchalla has not had any development is simply not true. And anyone upset about two previews with storm in it have clearly not been reading the past 12 issues of BP that is BP heavy with him doing bad arse things as it is leading to him taking down an empire. Have you actually been reading this season of Bp? Point to an issue where it was centered around her and her development? That said people upset are people who 1. dont like coates, 2 dont like storm, and 3 just want something to complain about. its simple as that.
    What I got from their complaints was that it didn’t feel true to the character of T’challa that they as fans, have come to know. And while I don’t agree, that’s fair enough. How may times have we felt the same way as Storm fans only for other X-men fans to “not see what all the fuss is about”. They don’t know/care about her like we do, that’s why. So as far as I say, let fans have their own personal qualms with how writers portray their faves. Everyone’s gonna have their own opinion on it

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Even his own movie showed how replaceable he was as black panther. Didn't his own cousin take his mantle in his OWN movie. Wheres the outrage at that. They love this movie because it made a billion dollars but imho Tchalla wasn't written that great in it or that smart. But hey, Storm is the real problem. Ok...
    im.so sorry I had to react with that gif first this post took me all the way out. I like tchalla and I liked the movie. but you bring up a very valid point about his cousin. there might be some fans of his who didnt like the movie for that very reason but still you make a great point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I agree that Coates has done some really great things as far as developing Ororo and T’challa over these last few years in my opinion. However, while I like to consider most of AvX bad writing, it’s canon that he was an absolute ass to her after everything went down before. It showed him as someone who only loved her and had her back when she fit his perfect image of the Queen of HIS nation. A real man wouldn’t have thrown her away like that without a fight, much less a discussion. Then on top of the the many times she’s fought for him and risked her own life, even fighting Death itself for him to only be rewarded by being more dispensable than a hunk of rock when Doomwar came knocking. Now I get it, this is all fitting into his redemption arc now that Coates can work sympathetic moments in for T’challa recognizing his faults and owning his mistakes now. I love it and he is really showing so much growth and maturity now as a character. But that’s is now. Then was then. And he will always be wrong for what he did then. I’d we want to grow and move/look forward in a more healthy, growing light then by all means but the past can’t just be ignored if we’re discussing the history of these characters together. And to have that twisted into blame that damn near bordered on straight misogyny and blatant disrespect to Storm? They really got me messed up with that one.

In regards to her writers, I can’t say that I agree necessarily. Black and white writers have shown they can both use her in both good and bad way. Look what Dickey did in her solo. Hudlin May have made her a Queen but he sure as hell didn’t understand her a character and wrote her as mostly a doormat to T’challa. And as we all know, a white man is responsible for making her everything she is today, and that is a fact. Now do black writers find beautiful and more creative ways to flesh out her identity as a black woman and African Queen? Of course, no doubt about it. But bad writing sometimes really is just that. Bad writing.

I’m regards to Wolverine I know there are some Storm fans that take that scene from Wolverine and the X-men as her offering her body to him in exchange for headmistress-ship but I can’t for the life of me see it that way. Storm could’ve walked into that bih, told Logan she was taking helm of the institute and I don’t think he would’ve had a damn thing to say about it. But they were friends. Close friends and confidantes for years and years. With a Claremont established history of flirtation I might add. He’s always respected her even when there weren’t romantic feelings involved. I don’t see it as being soooo out of the blue for her to turn to him for both physical and emotional comfort after being cut out of the life of the man and the people that she loved. I think it was fully her choice and anyone who calls that disrespect to T’’Challa better take a good hard look at his harem of Build-a-Wives and get back to me.
    One could make the argument Tchalla gave his balls to be king and an avenger. Anyone who doesn't have a prolem with a black man not stepping aside and choosing to fight his black wife so he can be Steve Rodgers right hand man can't really evoke much of a reaction out of me. Coates has made Tchalla a galatic king. In the skrull story the most advance nation in the MU were fighting like mere savages. King Tchalla has let mutants within his own nation be treated like Trash when he was suppose to be a king for all. and anyone can smoke the weed he smokes to become BP. But we still try to like the dude. If storm gave it up to be head mistress, Tchalla definitely bent over to be an avenger.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

you're missing the point entirely. how can you say storm has gotten more development in a title you have admitted to not reading? you started off saying you understood how BP fans feels because she is getting more development than tchalla did you not? that is why I posed the question as to what would make them happy as you stated you understood their perspective. so either you can speak for them or you cant. it would seem by your admission that you are not a BP fan you shouldnt be speaking for them. lastlu, fans liking or not liking what I enjoy has nothing to do with the point I originally made which was that tchalla has gotten more development in this title which you cant say otherwise as you havent been reading the books so it is smple indeed.
    I'm not speaking for them at all. And you seem to misunderstand the entire post I am simply saying there frustration is justifiable, but you don't seem to get that nor are you able to see their point of view on the problem at hand. As to your question to me on what would make them happy doesn't really mean anything. I've read the stories that is why your question is directed to the ones who have the problem. What you need to understand is that not everyone agree's with how Coates is writing these characters. Simple. If you can't understand that and they can't accept it then oh well move on.....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-24-2019 at 11:59 AM.

im.so sorry I had to react with that gif first this post took me all the way out. I like tchalla and I liked the movie. but you bring up a very valid point about his cousin. there might be some fans of his who didnt like the movie for that very reason but still you make a great point.
    One could make the argument Tchalla gave his balls to be king and an avenger. Anyone who doesn't have a prolem with a black man not stepping aside and choosing to fight his black wife so he can be Steve Rodgers right hand man can't really evoke much of a reaction out of me. Coates has made Tchalla a galatic king. In the skrull story the most advance nation in the MU were fighting like mere savages. King Tchalla has let mutants within his own nation be treated like Trash when he was suppose to be a king for all. and anyone can smoke the weed he smokes to become BP. But we still try to like the dude. If storm gave it up to be head mistress, Tchalla definitely bent over to be an avenger.

Damn J got me all the way oop’d with that last sentence lmao I’m really hollerin, the shade is not only real but true

I'm glad you liked it because to me, Killmonger, Nipita, and the bald woman and wakanda were the real stars of that movie. And i think enough time has passed that us black folk can finally stop being afraid of black twitter tearing us a new ass for keeping it real. What exactly did Tchalla do in his own movie that made him stand out if we are being real. It was a Killmonger movie feature the black panther who is currently tchalla. And he came off as an entitled dude in the movie for absolutely no reason. the biggest struggle he ever faced was his father dying in another movie and his cousin taking his throne and being more black than someone who actually grew up in Africa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

The writers of the Black Panther had other incentive for writing Storm well. Not just because she is a well known Black hero, but because one day they want her to be a part of the Black Panther movies and it´s been known for awhile Disney would be Fox.

Definitely Storm has been poorly written by the X-Office, which was completely downplayed by Marvel as they did not wish to give Fox the ideas for more movies. But that era is over.

So the question is now when does Storm appear in Black Panther (I think the next movie) and who is going to play her? Shipp never got to do anything with the role, and I dont think she was well cast. I think a tall actress who can do warrior woman is better suited.

I agree that Coates has done some really great things as far as developing Ororo and T’challa over these last few years in my opinion. However, while I like to consider most of AvX bad writing, it’s canon that he was an absolute ass to her after everything went down before. It showed him as someone who only loved her and had her back when she fit his perfect image of the Queen of HIS nation. A real man wouldn’t have thrown her away like that without a fight, much less a discussion. Then on top of the the many times she’s fought for him and risked her own life, even fighting Death itself for him to only be rewarded by being more dispensable than a hunk of rock when Doomwar came knocking. Now I get it, this is all fitting into his redemption arc now that Coates can work sympathetic moments in for T’challa recognizing his faults and owning his mistakes now. I love it and he is really showing so much growth and maturity now as a character. But that’s is now. Then was then. And he will always be wrong for what he did then. I’d we want to grow and move/look forward in a more healthy, growing light then by all means but the past can’t just be ignored if we’re discussing the history of these characters together. And to have that twisted into blame that damn near bordered on straight misogyny and blatant disrespect to Storm? They really got me messed up with that one.

In regards to her writers, I can’t say that I agree necessarily. Black and white writers have shown they can both use her in both good and bad way. Look what Dickey did in her solo. Hudlin May have made her a Queen but he sure as hell didn’t understand her a character and wrote her as mostly a doormat to T’challa. And as we all know, a white man is responsible for making her everything she is today, and that is a fact. Now do black writers find beautiful and more creative ways to flesh out her identity as a black woman and African Queen? Of course, no doubt about it. But bad writing sometimes really is just that. Bad writing.

I’m regards to Wolverine I know there are some Storm fans that take that scene from Wolverine and the X-men as her offering her body to him in exchange for headmistress-ship but I can’t for the life of me see it that way. Storm could’ve walked into that bih, told Logan she was taking helm of the institute and I don’t think he would’ve had a damn thing to say about it. But they were friends. Close friends and confidantes for years and years. With a Claremont established history of flirtation I might add. He’s always respected her even when there weren’t romantic feelings involved. I don’t see it as being soooo out of the blue for her to turn to him for both physical and emotional comfort after being cut out of the life of the man and the people that she loved. I think it was fully her choice and anyone who calls that disrespect to T’’Challa better take a good hard look at his harem of Build-a-Wives and get back to me.
    1. I completely agree with everything in your first paragraph. I dont think anyone could objectively look at all that occurred within their marriage and conclude that she wasnt in it because she loved him. The marriage ended because of Tchallas insecurities and his inability to work through his shortcomings. This is why I have enjoyed how Coates has managed to correct their new rekindled love for one another.

2. Dickey's Storm book in my head canon was all but retconned especially considering the Amazing Xmen Annual showing their initial meeting occurring per Claremonts original storyline. Nevertheless, even though Dickey wrote a trash book that hinged around making her the damsel in distress, the vision for the character ultimately was that driven by Hudlin (who was by no means perfect) looked to elevate her to a queen, have her connect to her family, as well as be proclaimed a potential omega level mutant. Again, hudlin was by no means perfect but I think what he ultimately wanted for her was leaps and bounds ahead of anything the xoffices have done with the character post the annulment.

3 I agree Ororo would have been able to do all those things because she is that boss b!tch. But look at how she came in being headmistress versus how Kitty came into leading the Xmen or how Jean came back and became leader. It wasnt by a passage or vehicle through any man or looking to spite another man. To me it made her look weak and not only that throughout the original duration of it she was a plaything and not loved how tchalla cared for her. He even left her to find more action from another woman:

after that they get back together and her tells her he couldnt see her for Jean and then dies without even thinking of ororo:

it's a constant reminder by the franchise that she will never be first however that has not been the case within the BP offices.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What I got from their complaints was that it didn’t feel true to the character of T’challa that they as fans, have come to know. And while I don’t agree, that’s fair enough. How may times have we felt the same way as Storm fans only for other X-men fans to “not see what all the fuss is about”. They don’t know/care about her like we do, that’s why. So as far as I say, let fans have their own personal qualms with how writers portray their faves. Everyone’s gonna have their own opinion on it
    yea I agree. I dont argue with people based upon their feelings especially fans whose much well versed than I am on the character's lore. however for anyone to say storm is getting more development than BP in the books are just mistaken. that isnt true and that was main point of what I mentioned to stormphoenix.

Damn J got me all the way oop’d with that last sentence lmao I’m really hollerin, the shade is not only real but true
    And i just wanted to add because my day wine is kicking in and i usually get really talkative and ham on my rare afternoon wine days that in canon BP told storm "anyone but him" referring to wolverine. And knowing he had advanced smell and stuff she did it anyway as a final FU because well he's a wife beater in canon. They lucky he don't get the hank Pym treatement which is in fact because most know his wife is much stronger than he, also in canon. She wanted Tchalla to smell that funky wolverine balls all over her so he would proably stay away at the time. But thats the real problem, she slept with the one man Tchalla begged her not to. At worst she is petty and trifling and giving me life but definitely not screwing to be headmistress.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Chile you scalping heads in here today... goddess I am not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'm not speaking for them at all. And you seem to misunderstand the entire post I am simply saying there frustration is justifiable, but you don't seem to get that nor are you able to see their point of view on the problem at hand. As to your question to me on what would make them happy doesn't really mean anything. I've read the stories that is why your question is directed to the ones who have the problem. What you need to understand is that not everyone agree's with how Coates is writing these characters. Simple. If you can't understand that and they can't accept it then oh well move on.....

Well, after reading the Black Panther post by his Fans.

I understand BP fans frustration with Storm being in BP mythos is totally understandable. I mean you have another character(Storm)getting more attention and growth than your favorite hero(Black Panther) when the Book is only about and is supposed to be about Black Panther. I’m sure I can imagine the frustration a Black Panther fan reading about this Hadari Yao concept going forward when it doesn’t link nor connect to T’Challa’s character as a whole. And forcing her into a position some Black Panther fans deem she is not fit for. So I get it. I get why they are mad the book is called “Black Panther” not “Black Pantherand torm.

How is their frustration justifiable? You said she is getting more development than him? Based upon two scans you referenced? That's fine if they dont like how he is being written. That's their opinion but you stated she was getting more development than him in his own book. That part is wrong my friend, especially considering she has only appeared as a memory in this season. Period. (^_^)

hello I'm literally at awe right now at all this slayage I have witnessed today. Ororo101 you have opened pandora's box and everyone is going in lol.

I'm glad you liked it because to me, Killmonger, Nipita, and the bald woman and wakanda were the real stars of that movie. And i think enough time has passed that us black folk can finally stop being afraid of black twitter tearing us a new ass for keeping it real. What exactly did Tchalla do in his own movie that made him stand out if we are being real. It was a Killmonger movie feature the black panther who is currently tchalla. And he came off as an entitled dude in the movie for absolutely no reason. the biggest struggle he ever faced was his father dying in another movie and his cousin taking his throne and being more black than someone who actually grew up in Africa.
    eeepp.. I just dont know what to say to any of this. I enjoyed the redemption part of the story and him understanding what shuri was saying in terms of helping others outside the walls of wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The writers of the Black Panther had other incentive for writing Storm well. Not just because she is a well known Black hero, but because one day they want her to be a part of the Black Panther movies and it´s been known for awhile Disney would be Fox.

Definitely Storm has been poorly written by the X-Office, which was completely downplayed by Marvel as they did not wish to give Fox the ideas for more movies. But that era is over.

So the question is now when does Storm appear in Black Panther (I think the next movie) and who is going to play her? Shipp never got to do anything with the role, and I dont think she was well cast. I think a tall actress who can do warrior woman is better suited.

you know this has been my thought for the longest. that the reason coates even brought ororo into BP was due to Disney getting the rights back and this was well before it was announced. and not sure who should play her but I know who shouldnt. no light skin women and no shipp please. thank you next.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2019 at 12:30 PM.

BANNED

How is their frustration justifiable? You said she is getting more development than him? Based upon two scans you referenced? That's fine if they dont like how he is being writtenm That's their opinion but you stated she was getting more development than him in his own book. That part is wrong my friend. Period. (^_^)

UH YES it is justifiable. And NO lol it's not based on just two scans(which tells me you didn't read nor understood what I was talking about) it's most of his arc. I'm sorry you feel that way, but you need to understand some BP fans don't like it. PERIOD. It's a conversation you need to take up with those who have the issue.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-24-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Chile you scalping heads in here today... goddess I am not ready.

How is their frustration justifiable? You said she is getting more development than him? Based upon two scans you referenced? That's fine if they dont like how he is being written. That's their opinion but you stated she was getting more development than him in his own book. That part is wrong my friend, especially considering she has only appeared as a memory in this season. Period. (^_^)

hello I'm literally at awe right now at all this slayage I have witnessed today. Ororo101 you have opened pandora's box and everyone is going in lol.

eeepp.. I just dont know what to say to any of this. I enjoyed the redemption part of the story and him understanding what shuri was saying in terms of helping others outside the walls of wakanda.

you know this has been my thought for the longest. that the reason coates even brought ororo into BP was due to Disney getting the rights back and this was well before it was announced. and not sure who should play her but I know who shouldnt. no light skin women and no shipp please. thank you next.
    i know she is light skinned, and i would love a dark skin actress to play Storm as i'm a darker skin myself though all my siblings range from caramel to milk. But I think Yara Shaidi would make a great Storm. but thats going on what i know about her as an actress and her popularity not skin color.

And exactly as you said, he understood what Shuri was saying. He understood where his cousin was coming from. Where his mother was coming from. But i couldn't tell you where Tchalla was coming from in his own movie and thats not good. That's replacable.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

UH YES it is justifiable. And NO lol it's not based on just two scans(which tells me you didn't read nor understood what I was talking about) it's most of his arc. I'm sorry you feel that way, but you need to understand some BP fans don't like it. PERIOD. It's a conversation you need to take up with those who have the issue.
    If i did or didnt catch that part it still doesnt justify the rationale you provided for their perspective. and again if you think storm has gotten more development in this season please explain how?

i know she is light skinned, and i would love a dark skin actress to play Storm as i'm a darker skin myself though all my siblings range from caramel to milk. But I think Yara Shaidi would make a great Storm. but thats going on what i know about her as an actress and her popularity not skin color.

And exactly as you said, he understood what Shuri was saying. He understood where his cousin was coming from. Where his mother was coming from. But i couldn't tell you where Tchalla was coming from in his own movie and thats not good. That's replacable.

Chile well if ororo does drop in this movie the hate will really be off the chain.

and what does yara look like?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2019 at 12:45 PM.

If i did or didnt catch that part it still doesnt justify the rationale you provided for their perspective. and again if you think storm has gotten more development in this season please explain how?

Chile well if ororo does drop in this movie the hate will really be off the chain.

and what does yara look like?
    She plays the oldest daughter on blackish and is the star of grownish.
    Attachment 83778

and yes the hate would be real and i would be so petty. "well the marvel cinematic u never showed bast. mwahahha"
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.