Page 198 of 662 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not i. I enjoyed X-men Red and personally didn't feel Storm was dumbed down. It wasn't her book and she wasn't the leader. Imo the moments she did get were great.

Also if it's about her only being a hero why would there be people on their knees worshipping her? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
    I enjoyed X-Men Red as well I didn't think Storm was dumb down at all, but i'm saying in other stories where Jean and Storm are on the same team Storm is dumb down a bit. That has been one of the consistent arguments we have in the Storm threads.

It also wouldn't make a lot of sense for Storm to be wearing her Classic X-Men costume the same Costume when she started being an X-Men after Charles recurited her. I mean that slab says nothing about Hadari Yao. IF it did reference her Godhood then that's great, but it only shows Storm becoming a Hero an X-Men. Hell is has a BIG X behind her lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I enjoyed X-Men Red as well I didn't think Storm was dumb down at all, but i'm saying in other stories where Jean and Storm are on the same team Storm is dumb down a bit. That has been one of the consistent arguments we have in the Storm threads.

It also wouldn't make a lot of sense for Storm to be wearing her Classic X-Men costume the same Costume when she started being an X-Men after Charles recurited her. I mean that slab says nothing about Hadari Yao.
    It also doesn't say anything about being a hero but there are people there worshiping her. So even if we just go by logical assumption it looks more likely to be implying godhood than her being a hero.

I've just never felt that way about Jean/Storm. I guess i can see how people might feel that way but i never really thought about it to be honest. I just love them together so it's always a treat. I mean Operation Zero Tolerance, The Gold Team, I can't really think of anything where Storm was purposefully dumbed down to make Jean look better. Maybe the old phoenix stories?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

It also doesn't say anything about being a hero but there are people there worshiping her. So even if we just go by logical assumption it looks more likely to be implying godhood than her being a hero.

I've just never felt that way about Jean/Storm. I guess i can see how people might feel that way but i never really thought about it to be honest. I just love them together so it's always a treat. I mean Operation Zero Tolerance, The Gold Team, I can't really think of anything where Storm was purposefully dumbed down to make Jean look better. Maybe the old phoenix stories?
    I mean she's wearing her Hero Costume. And a Huge X behind(Which is the symbol for the X-Men)it implies she will become a member of the X-Men a Hero not a Goddess....

My Favorite is the Inferno Arc to me that arc is the best Example of Storm and Jean able to utilize their powers while they are in the same issue or book or crossover if you will. The Gold Team was ok.

I mean she's wearing her Hero Costume. And a Huge X behind(Which is the symbol for the X-Men)it implies she will become a member of the X-Men a Hero not a Goddess....

My Favorite is the Inferno Arc to me that arc is the best Example of Storm and Jean able to utilize their powers while they are in the same issue or book or crossover if you will. The Gold Team was ok.

But she did become a goddess and an X-men after that so either way you slice it it would be referring to her time as a "goddess" so the fun speculation still stands and for all we know Coates creating the HAdari yao moniker after seeing it. No one is saying oh look this specific picture is 100% showing storm as the Hadari Yao and coates didn't really do anything.

I don't think people are worshipping X-men.

My favorite story is the one where they were hanging out and Storm got mad because she felt Jean was reading her thoughts because she was scared to go into the subway but at the end of the issue she walks into the subway with Jean.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

But she did become a goddess and an X-men after that so either way you slice it it would be referring to her time as a "goddess" so the fun speculation still stands and for all we know Coates creating the HAdari yao moniker after seeing it. No one is saying oh look this specific picture is 100% showing storm as the Hadari Yao and coates didn't really do anything.

I don't think people are worshipping X-men.

My favorite story is the one where they were hanging out and Storm got mad because she felt Jean was reading her thoughts because she was scared to go into the subway but at the end of the issue she walks into the subway with Jean.
    OH I get what your saying now. Ok yeah, you can use this a Fun Speculation, but I don't think THIS particular Slab was referring to her Hadari Yao thing......

What issue is that??? I don't remember.....wait was her costume Purple at the time???

OH I get what your saying now. Ok yeah, you can use this a Fun Speculation, but I don't think THIS particular Slab was referring to her Hadari Yao thing......

What issue is that??? I don't remember.....wait was her costume Purple at the time???
    I don't think anything from the past specifically relates to the Hadari Yao moniker as Coates created that as far as i know. But one can go back and connect the two to expand on the story if one so chose. So we were having fun speculating and making connections not assuming it was THE blueprint.

I read it in X-men Classics # 2 but i think the actual issue is X-men#94 from the original series.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I don't think anything from the past specifically relates to the Hadari Yao moniker as Coates created that as far as i know. But one can go back and connect the two to expand on the story if one so chose. So we were having fun speculating and making connections not assuming it was THE blueprint.

I read it in X-men Classics # 2 but i think the actual issue is X-men#94 from the original series.
    Yeah, I got that now.

X-Men 1991 Issue #94??? Because that one has Rogue Fighting Sunfire.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It also wouldn't make a lot of sense for Storm to be wearing her Classic X-Men costume the same Costume when she started being an X-Men after Charles recurited her. I mean that slab says nothing about Hadari Yao. IF it did reference her Godhood then that's great, but it only shows Storm becoming a Hero an X-Men. Hell is has a BIG X behind her lol.
    To add to your post...I interpreted the worshippers as the native villagers who revered Storm as a Goddess before Xavier came and took he away.

The book is called Black Panther. Not Tchalla:Black Panther. The name of the book didn't change when Shuri was Black Panther and it won't change when the next one is. Like i said the other day, BP is a mantle. If you want a book about Tchalla then perhaps you should write marvel and ask for one. Because Tchalla is nothing more than part of the BP mythos and so is anyone else that wants to eat his herb and fight him for his mantle.
    I am not talking about any other writers' BP run. I am not talking about Shuri as Black Panther.
    I am talking about T'Challa as Black Panther as written by Coates, currently. Everything else you state is irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.
    I admit Storm is an integral part of the BP mythos and is/can be relevant to the stories being told. However...
    I draw the line when the 'guest character' of the book gets more actual character and physical development than the lead character...after three years of books and stories?
    I'm not mad at Storm...she's obviously got it good under Coates...for what it's worth.
    The BP writer is the charlatan and the person to whom I always address my displeasure. He may treat Storm right but she's the only one.

Yeah, I got that now.

X-Men 1991 Issue #94??? Because that one has Rogue Fighting Sunfire.
    1986 i believe. Google says classic X-men #2.

Classic X-Men #2 | Chris Claremont (w), John Bolton ( Tried to link image but too big so had to save it.

Attachment 83816
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I am not talking about any other writers' BP run. I am not talking about Shuri as Black Panther.
    I am talking about T'Challa as Black Panther as written by Coates, currently. Everything else you state is irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.
    I admit Storm is an integral part of the BP mythos and is/can be relevant to the stories being told. However...
    I draw the line when the 'guest character' of the book gets more actual character and physical development than the lead character...after three years of books and stories?
    I'm not mad at Storm...she's obviously got it good under Coates...for what it's worth.
    The BP writer is the charlatan and the person to whom I always address my displeasure. He may treat Storm right but she's the only one.
    Yes but the BP writer is currently coates and if he wants to expand on the Black Panther mythos than he can do that however way he sees fit. Again the book isn't the mythos of Tchalla or King Tchalla. It is called black panther and as such he is expanding on the title character rather than the man who currently occupies the costume. Some may not like it, but it's what he is choosing to write. And if BP fans are going to get all aggressive about Storm and Coates then they can take those facts.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Lmao I love you guys and just want to say thank you for always having my back with these things. We may have our fights and disagreements but I think it’s nice to know that when push comes to shove and we have to defend our Girl, we do it together. And FIERCELY may I add haha. We truly are a little crazy, online family and we all know who we call Mother! If we were on Pose I’m so sure that we would be the Hadaris of House Munroe. Lightning vogueing the house down to thunderoussss applause.
    lolol we love you too!! you know we have to each other backs here. we dont always have to agree but we keep that ish in the family. anyone outside of that circle will feel the fury from us. and I love our crazy and our ferocity when it come too ororo and her fandom. I wouldn't have it any other way

and baby no you didnt - the hadari of house munroe I live!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Not to mention right now, Shuri is black panther while tchalla is out in space so he doesn't even need to give him as much as he has. I guess King of a Galaxy is nothing. Because i've read all of the BP issues and Storm hasn't even appeared in that many if you count total issues and she has only had one recurring storyline. Awakening her godhood.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Again...
    He's writing T'Challa as the Black Panther. Not T'Chaka. Not Shuri. T'Challa...Who's been THE Black Panther for decades (our time).
    And I don't know if you have been reading/following the book but...Coates has certainly not 'expanded' on the title nor the title character (the man who currently occupies the costume) in any significant and positive way since he started his run in 2016.
    But as I said, sincerely...Happy for Storm! Yay!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The book is called Black Panther. Not Tchalla:Black Panther. The name of the book didn't change when Shuri was Black Panther and it won't change when the next one is. Like i said the other day, BP is a mantle. If you want a book about Tchalla then perhaps you should write marvel and ask for one. Because Tchalla is nothing more than part of the BP mythos and so is anyone else that wants to eat his herb and fight him for his mantle.
    hello?? I'm not sure why this crucial part is being missed. tchalla isnt wakanda and he is not the only character that could be black panther. and you made an excellent point shuri is the black panther in her book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!