Page 208 of 662 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    No I have to disagree actually. I think it makes perfect sense for Ororo to hesitate in fully stepping into her Godhood, if not even more so because of Jean. She watched her best friend, someone she loved dearly and knew to be a wonderful person and possibly the closest thing to family she has known outside of Achmed, Ainet, and T’challa since her parents died turn into a world devouring, insatiable cosmic entity when imbued with the powers of a God. Dying multiple times because of it, to the great pain of all who loved her. Uncanny #147 being the perfect example of her ascending to this higher plane of being only to let the fear of becoming like Jean and hurting her friends give her the strength to rein it in and suppress infinite power. I even believe that if it weren’t for Jean and how traumatic that relationship has been for her, she probably would’ve breached this threshold a lot sooner than now. Just my thoughts though.

Another reason being Control. Control has been a monumental theme throughout Ororo’s life. Loss of control in the tragedy of losing her parents at 5 years old. No control over her surroundings imploding around her leading to a debilitating case of claustrophobia. Maintaining constant control over her emotions to stabilize the surrounding weather and not harm those around her. A factor that has had such an affect on her personality as to make people who aren’t close to her view her as being slightly distant and aloof, when really she is just permanently guarded for their sake. No control over the loss of her powers and her identity due to her severed connection from the Earth. The pain of having no control over the fact that your marriage was unilaterally ended, and even more so not being able to control the fact that you still love him regardless. I don’t see it being that strange that taking the blind leap of faith into this new echelon of being would be scary for Ororo, not knowing if she will lose control of her agency, her powers, or her life if she does. I think it’s perfectly reasonable, however I do think it’s coming to a point where she won’t have a choice anymore. She will have to leap into that great unknown probably to save her love, T’challa or to protect Wakanda from danger but as we all know, she will soar.
    Completely agree, I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh baby if I come across some slick Jean fans who want to say how easily she stomps storm I will use those deadpool images trust. at least with Ororo she was fine a few panels later.
    Not slick! And I oop! Lmaooo

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    honestly? pettiness. why even put her in it when her only line was die and that could literally be anybody. storm is a black woman with a very vocal fanbase and it pisses these writers off when they get called out for being hacks when they show the character no respect. at least thats my opinion. it more bothers me when i think the writer is actually good.
    yea I dont quite understand what I see the xoffices do. like why was Ororo chose to be the mother of Major X especially considering the storyline being written Coates? As much as I agree that the fanbase is vocal I'm not sure writers cares. It seems to be a continual thing on this side and it appears to be pettiness but it also goes a bit beyond that. I think misogynoir plays into it as well. Its unfortunate. I love the xmen but the more I see the more I'm turned off by the subtle microaggressions especially against black and/or female characters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yea I dont quite understand what I see the xoffices do. like why was Ororo chose to be the mother of Major X especially considering the storyline being written Coates? As much as I agree that the fanbase is vocal I'm not sure writers cares. It seems to be a continual thing on this side and it appears to be pettiness but it also goes a bit beyond that. I think misogynoir plays into it as well. Its unfortunate. I love the xmen but the more I see the more I'm turned off by the subtle microaggressions especially against black and/or female characters.
    Oh they care, especially in the times we are in now where they can be dragged in social media and put in a position where they have to defend their lack of diverse writing. What better target to take your frustrations out on than the most popular black female in comics. And they get a little ding at their fans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh they care, especially in the times we are in now where they can be dragged in social media and put in a position where they have to defend their lack of diverse writing. What better target to take your frustrations out on than the most popular black female in comics. And they get a little ding at their fans.
    This is true and I do love it when posters do put the writers in the position to stand behind their work. The more recent one I recall was when a popular comic blogger who I believe frequents here asked a question to the Uncanny Xmen writers why they arent acknowledging what Coates had done with the Hadari Yao. Their response was that she does claim to be a literal goddess. This was nice to see them confirm and as a storm fan I most certainly appreciate this; however, why write things in such an ambiguous fashion? Make it clear and embrace your fellow writers' work. He has brought a renewed interest in the character I havent seen in some in years and yet the xoffices do everything to contradict it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No I have to disagree actually. I think it makes perfect sense for Ororo to hesitate in fully stepping into her Godhood, if not even more so because of Jean. She watched her best friend, someone she loved dearly and knew to be a wonderful person and possibly the closest thing to family she has known outside of Achmed, Ainet, and T’challa since her parents died turn into a world devouring, insatiable cosmic entity when imbued with the powers of a God. Dying multiple times because of it, to the great pain of all who loved her. Uncanny #147 being the perfect example of her ascending to this higher plane of being only to let the fear of becoming like Jean and hurting her friends give her the strength to rein it in and suppress infinite power. I even believe that if it weren’t for Jean and how traumatic that relationship has been for her, she probably would’ve breached this threshold a lot sooner than now. Just my thoughts though.

Another reason being Control. Control has been a monumental theme throughout Ororo’s life. Loss of control in the tragedy of losing her parents at 5 years old. No control over her surroundings imploding around her leading to a debilitating case of claustrophobia. Maintaining constant control over her emotions to stabilize the surrounding weather and not harm those around her. A factor that has had such an affect on her personality as to make people who aren’t close to her view her as being slightly distant and aloof, when really she is just permanently guarded for their sake. No control over the loss of her powers and her identity due to her severed connection from the Earth. The pain of having no control over the fact that your marriage was unilaterally ended, and even more so not being able to control the fact that you still love him regardless. I don’t see it being that strange that taking the blind leap of faith into this new echelon of being would be scary for Ororo, not knowing if she will lose control of her agency, her powers, or her life if she does. I think it’s perfectly reasonable, however I do think it’s coming to a point where she won’t have a choice anymore. She will have to leap into that great unknown probably to save her love, T’challa or to protect Wakanda from danger but as we all know, she will soar.
    I hear what you are saying but...Storm's Indomitable Will throughout Claremont's run has been shown time and again to allow her to meet and surpass insurmountable odds. She has had control both over her powers and in some measure, her claustrophobia, for a very long while now...just not when writers willfully ignore her history for the sake of serving a 'story beat'. All for the sake of making her more vulnerable, human, relatable?
    She's been there and conquered that...a long time now.
    Yes, I can see where she would, for a fleeting instant, be hesitant (not scared) to embrace what's happening to her...based off of what she has seen and experienced herself...but only for an instant. And when that moment has passed, the Ororo I know would wrestle control over the situation and yes, soar.

just want to say I'm loving all the commentary today. I also agree that she has conquered the aspects of balancing the human elements of her character versus those that blend into the ethereal. I'm ready for the character to soar again it's been such a long time since she has.

Get out of my mind. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Get out of my mind. lol.
    lmfao lolol what?

BANNED

She is dressed like Storm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVypEduSc5A

What do I have to read today for Storm girlies?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    What do I have to read today for Storm girlies?
    ororo was only in black panther issue 13.
    if you want some stories about stormbot there are two other stories u can check out.

if you want some stories about stormbot there are two other stories u can check out.

Interesting.. i havent seen stormbot in a while let me subject myself to this torture
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡