Page 213 of 662 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 9921

Back to the drawing board
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    The last thing we need is another light skinned actress as Storm.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

If marvel is really looking at Nathalie Emmanuel for the role of MCU Storm. Then I might as well take my MCU XMen Banner down.
    Looks like their going to continue the lightskin trend instead of Dark Chocolate Ororo, So disappointed . At least we know what age group they're going for.
    No, she doesn't exude the power, presence and stateliness of Storm at all. She wouldn't be any better than Halle Berry (this is coming from a white woman who loves Storm)

Well, I don't put much stock in rumors. (Why expend the energy on a might be?) I will offer my two cent on this.

I think Nathalie Emmanuel is a beautiful woman and she has acting talent. She is not Storm though. Nathalie's mother is Dominican and her father is bi-racial - English and St. Lucian. None of that says the child of an African-American father and African woman to me.

I am honestly not worried. If this were Fox, I could seem them going this way. But I still have faith in the MCU, and Ryan Coogler in particular, to get this casting right.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

my ororo is a chocolate sister. I'm not worried about this marvel will get this right:

i dont see any light skin or biracial woman there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my ororo is a chocolate sister. I'm not worried about this marvel will get this right:

i dont see any light skin or biracial woman there.
    She is colored the same tone as T'Challa, Luke Cage, and Misty Knight.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I really wish Sonequa Martin-Green was taller. She has the regal manner and acting chops to a fantastic Storm.

Although i dont put too much trust into anything Marvel related, I think the Black Panther movie set the precedence for darker skin tones and how well they are received worldwide. I hope they get it right with Ororo and the fact they are taking their time introducing mutants into the cinamatic universe suggests they want to get it right too.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She is colored the same tone as T'Challa, Luke Cage, and Misty Knight.

exactly!! dispel the myth of light skinned/biracial ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I’m not believing this at all. And Nathalie is one who understands colorism.
    https://theglowup.theroot.com/color-...-to-1834330474

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Mara Junot is the voice actress.
    Thanks Kyss . Counting down to 7/19. I wonder if Storm is available at the start? They have a DLC package that will also include x-characters.

ugh yuck vomit. please marvel dont cast another biracial or light skinned woman to play pur chocolate nubian goddess!!! I just cant take anymore "whitewashing" of this character.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The last thing we need is another light skinned actress as Storm.
    agreed. I just cant anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Although i dont put too much trust into anything Marvel related, I think the Black Panther movie set the precedence for darker skin tones and how well they are received worldwide. I hope they get it right with Ororo and the fact they are taking their time introducing mutants into the cinamatic universe suggests they want to get it right too.
    agreed to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thanks Kyss . Counting down to 7/19. I wonder if Storm is available at the start? They have a DLC package that will also include x-characters.
    you're welcome. I'm thinking of getting this away well. I cant wait to fly around and spamming with tornadoes and lightning. I will say I'm a bit underwhelmed with the graphics and her extreme move. I thought her moves in the previous version looked more cool and more powerful.

I saw this in another thread and not sure who this is BUT I imagine this what Ororo would look like when she goes full goddess mode or taps into her full potential. The description of this character's power also reminds me of how Ororo's powers operate. I would love to see this referenced again when it comes to her powerset:

That really is just her normal altered visual sense. Writers and artist just rarely focus on that aspect of her mutation. When her eyes go white, she is seeing everything in terms of energy gradients, not just temperature variations, but including life force and magic/spiritual energies.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!