Page 239 of 371 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5553
  1. #3571
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Sorry, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I am already skeptical and no amount of empty praise from editors or head writers is gonna sway me. Storm's been crap in the X-Men for nearly 10-12 years now! And throughout that time we had so many writers and editors again saying how much of a "fan" they were. And you know what, maybe they were, but in the end they just couldn't deliver. And I hope people get that this is where my frustration comes from. Optimism is pointless when the X-office has consistently let this character down. Normally, I wouldn't care that Storm isn't a leader. But I only had that sentiment when the character was actually well written. Since then she was made a joke during Wood's X-men run( needing a mandate and a vote to lead? WTF!) IVX was another disaster of leadership, then there was the whole treatment in Gold etc etc.

    Storm DESPERATELY needs better treatment and rehabilitation. The fact that Hickman already thinks she shouldn't be leading and needs to play second fiddle to Kitty of all people does not instill a lot of belief that he gets the character. Some may say I am overreacting, but again, I am only coming at it from her near decade of bad writing. If she had been alright for the past ten years, I wouldn't be as irked. But now is the time to come out guns blazing with the character while showcasing her at her max potential. That means competent, badass, and yes, a LEADER. Again, they would NEVER allow Cyke or Cap America to not to be a leader. Can you imagine Cyke taking orders from Kitty! Anyway, rant over I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Trust me, you’re preaching to the top left baritone singer of the broken Storm promises choir lol. But this feels new. Newer and much different than anything that has come for a while. Like things actually might get mixed up properly for a change. Don’t get me wrong, this could come out on the bottom of a pile of shit bricks. All I’m saying is that it also could be amazing. And the “team leader” is not always the most essential, developed, and properly portrayed character on a team. For all we know Kitty’s the one to watch the boat while field leader Storm and Co. go out and take care of business on the high seas. So if I say I’m hopeful just know that it’s because I’m tired. I’m a tired Storm fan and tbh hope is all I have left.
    User Ororo101 is right.

    Saturius your frustration is well placed. I understand and you have EVERY RIGHT TO BE. But what both me and Ororo101 is asking you to be hopeful with us. Your right is been 12 years plus that no writer has done her justice OTHER than Coates. Gerry Duggan could be the fresh breeze we’ve been looking for. Yeah, Kitty being leader sucks, but I’m sure Duggan isn’t going to have her overshadow Storm. This team is comprised of a hands on approach. Members that are willing to get their hands dirty and start some shit with humans if need be. Maybe fight meta humans or the Avengers. What I’m saying is at least give it a chance. Gerry Duggan seems to know his history very well and knows how to write a well dynamic team. Look at Uncanny Avengers. That team was comprised with SO MUCH diversity especially in power set and yet he was able to write them all as competent powerful characters.

    Give it a try :-) and if it’s not to your expectations then you were right all along. But if it is then get ready for a wonderful Storm.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-21-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  2. #3572
    Spectacular Member twisted sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    230

    Default

    I meant to post this earlier, but don't forget Fearless #1 comes out this week y'all.

    D8VRAdyVsAA1VdB.jpg

  3. #3573
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I meant to post this earlier, but don't forget Fearless #1 comes out this week y'all.

    D8VRAdyVsAA1VdB.jpg
    I can’t wait. Did they release the previews for this weeks comics?

  4. #3574
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Just came across this funny tweet involving Storm and it's over 400 retweets lol
    https://twitter.com/VonteStormborn/s...75986330656770

  5. #3575
    Fantastic Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    I can’t wait. Did they release the previews for this weeks comics?
    There was a preview but no Storm shown unfortunately.

    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY190736

  6. #3576
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    I really hope Storm does something good in Marauders but I'm getting the same feeling i had from Jonathan Marberry's Doomwars.

    A promise of Storm doing something amazing and getting nothing but a waste of time. As usual I'll check this thread for info but I refuse to be lied to again.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-21-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  7. #3577
    Spectacular Member twisted sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    There was a preview but no Storm shown unfortunately.

    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY190736
    The art looks nice. Hopefully Storm is in it. Is the second one still pushed back?

  8. #3578
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I meant to post this earlier, but don't forget Fearless #1 comes out this week y'all.

    D8VRAdyVsAA1VdB.jpg
    OH YES!!! Super Excited for this Book. Can't wait to see what is in store.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  9. #3579
    Storm Goddess Wind Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Looks like my X- Hiatus will continue.
    Co-signed. I am pretty much over X-Men now. Marvel’s premiere black female character, a leader respected all over Marvel earth, deserves better. I can see Storm supporting Kitty because she is one of the leaders who shaped her and would want to see her grow into the role. But Storm needs to step out on her own. I’m just not going to spend the $$$ on crap wrapped in “hopeful words”. These x-writers forever make the claims about their affinity for Storm but....when have they actually delivered??!! And agreed on the point about Cyclops and Capt America. Marvel wouldn’t do this to them but clearly ok to diminish the woman of color. So I’m good. Just needed to know if they had no plans for Storm, which is clear, so I can continue to save my money.

  10. #3580
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,571

    Default



    Anyone else think it may have been a better choice to put Storm on Excalibur instead of Maurarders? She has several ties here and the concept of the book would be a great chance to explore godhood and what that means in the Marvel multiverse especially with Psylocke exploring magic and Otherworld

  11. #3581
    Bad Guy CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ugly Arizona
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post


    Anyone else think it may have been a better choice to put Storm on Excalibur instead of Maurarders? She has several ties here and the concept of the book would be a great chance to explore godhood and what that means in the Marvel multiverse especially with Psylocke exploring magic and Otherworld
    I think Storm should have an Africa based team for search and rescue tbqh. Working side by side with Wakanda.

    There has to be tons of mutants in Africa. The potential is limitless.

  12. #3582
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Sorry, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I am already skeptical and no amount of empty praise from editors or head writers is gonna sway me. Storm's been crap in the X-Men for nearly 10-12 years now! And throughout that time we had so many writers and editors again saying how much of a "fan" they were. And you know what, maybe they were, but in the end they just couldn't deliver. And I hope people get that this is where my frustration comes from. Optimism is pointless when the X-office has consistently let this character down. Normally, I wouldn't care that Storm isn't a leader. But I only had that sentiment when the character was actually well written. Since then she was made a joke during Wood's X-men run( needing a mandate and a vote to lead? WTF!) IVX was another disaster of leadership, then there was the whole treatment in Gold etc etc.

    Storm DESPERATELY needs better treatment and rehabilitation. The fact that Hickman already thinks she shouldn't be leading and needs to play second fiddle to Kitty of all people does not instill a lot of belief that he gets the character. Some may say I am overreacting, but again, I am only coming at it from her near decade of bad writing. If she had been alright for the past ten years, I wouldn't be as irked. But now is the time to come out guns blazing with the character while showcasing her at her max potential. That means competent, badass, and yes, a LEADER. Again, they would NEVER allow Cyke or Cap America to not to be a leader. Can you imagine Cyke taking orders from Kitty! Anyway, rant over I guess.
    Hell to the yes. How many times have we read "give it a chance" or "storm is one of my favorite characters" just to see her treated like a d-list character? I most definitely dont think any writer who think it is ok for Ororo to work for a mission commissioned by Emma while taking orders from Kitty really doesnt respect the character in a manner that we fans do. Why would Ororo ever work for a woman who swapped her out of her own body, trolled her annulled marriage and lied to her on numerous occasions? Why on earth would a woman be taken orders from a woman who once saw Ororo as a mom? I dont care that Ororo isnt leader but I dont think any Ororo fan should think this is a good thing. Maybe the xoffices will surprise us but if we are going based upon previous times I highly doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    This point really sticks out to me. Storm should be on the same level as Cyclops. That she isn't really pisses me off.

    I don't know Dugan from Adam. I hope other's faith in him is well founded.
    Ororo is beyond Cyclops. She is a goddess Cyclops could never.

    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I meant to post this earlier, but don't forget Fearless #1 comes out this week y'all.

    D8VRAdyVsAA1VdB.jpg
    I'm getting it boo!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really hope Storm does something good in Marauders but I'm getting the same feeling i had from Jonathan Marberry's Doomwars.

    A promise of Storm doing something amazing and getting nothing but a waste of time. As usual I'll check this thread for info but I refuse to be lied to again.
    me too beloved
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #3583
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post


    Anyone else think it may have been a better choice to put Storm on Excalibur instead of Maurarders? She has several ties here and the concept of the book would be a great chance to explore godhood and what that means in the Marvel multiverse especially with Psylocke exploring magic and Otherworld
    nope. I think Betsy is more appropriate for this. the otherworld from what I understand is a British thing and ororo doesnt need anymore stories that connect her to things outside of her own heritage. Let her connect to African gods, deities, and magic. This is what I am hoping coates will take us with the goddess stories.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #3584
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nope. I think Betsy is more appropriate for this. the otherworld from what I understand is a British thing and ororo doesnt need anymore stories that connect her to things outside of her own heritage. Let her connect to African gods, deities, and magic. This is what I am hoping coates will take us with the goddess stories.
    I dont mean have Storm there in place of Betsy. The entire series doesnt have to focus on one thing but rather jump around as Claremont/Davis did in the original series

  15. #3585
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont mean have Storm there in place of Betsy. The entire series doesnt have to focus on one thing but rather jump around as Claremont/Davis did in the original series
    how could magic that center around British mythology, or Camelot, connect to the mysticism of the African plains? I wouldnt be opposed to it but I think it dilutes something that has been lacking frankly in the xbooks.


    oh and I misread your post my bad.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •