Page 244 of 662 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Yes that’s exactly what I mean! Thor conjures/manifests storms via magic, in essence skipping over all of the actual complexities of atmospheric manipulation by essentially using magic as a cheat/loophole to get his desired effect and Storm has fully mastered the manipulation of the atmosphere and it’s components to do the same thing. In essence, Thor’s daddy gave a substantial bribe to the University to get him in and get his degree without the knowledge it took to earn it while Storm saved money, studied hard, and worked her ass off to get her PhD. While he may get the more high paying job because of his connections, all experts in the field regard her as the most knowledgeable on the topic.
    So Thor is a fraud is what you're saying?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also fearless really gets into Storm's head on the greed of man. It's a deep scene. Today is like the best Storm day and i don't know how long.
    What did she did in fearless?I am also quite curious about her presence in Shuri!(unfortunately storm seems to be only a
    cameo in hox?Can you please share the scan storm creates that hurricane by ross?

BANNED

Yes that’s exactly what I mean! Thor conjures/manifests storms via magic, in essence skipping over all of the actual complexities of atmospheric manipulation by essentially using magic as a cheat/loophole to get his desired effect and Storm has fully mastered the manipulation of the atmosphere and it’s components to do the same thing. In essence, Thor’s daddy gave a substantial bribe to the University to get him in and get his degree without the knowledge it took to earn it while Storm saved money, studied hard, and worked her ass off to get her PhD. While he may get the more high paying job because of his connections, all experts in the field regard her as the most knowledgeable on the topic.
    Everything about this just feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    What did she did in fearless?I am also quite curious about her presence in Shuri!(unfortunately storm seems to be only a
    cameo in hox?Can you please share the scan storm creates that hurricane by ross?
    She was protecting a national park in canada but it was the majesty of the scene and the dialogue that truly shone. it's really hard to summarize but basically that's what she did. And we got insight into her views on greed and she's really at a point where shes questioning what she can do. Feels like she's on the verge of something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Lol well not a fraud since he is actually able to perform all of his weather related feats. I’d more so say that due to his power coming from magic, he can think “I want to make a literal tornado in space” and it would happen because the laws of physics don’t apply to magic. Ororo on the other hand would say “while I can’t make an earthly tornado in the confines of space, I can take control of the nearest solar wind and destroy my target just as easily” she’s has to manage within the restrictions of science. He can bippity boppity boom whatever he wants because of magic. She would no doubt be much more informed on all aspects of weather, the atmosphere, and the elements that comprise of both than he would because she’s spent her entire life harnessing them to manipulate past their normal boundaries to exact her will. He hasn’t had to do any of that.

Spectacular Member

She was protecting a national park in canada but it was the majesty of the scene and the dialogue that truly shone. it's really hard to summarize but basically that's what she did. And we got insight into her views on greed and she's really at a point where shes questioning what she can do. Feels like she's on the verge of something.
    I wonder what ororo did in shuri!Last issue just remains storm‘s godhood a mystery without any explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    I wonder what ororo did in shuri!Last issue just remains storm‘s godhood a mystery without any explanation
    Nothing notable. She just appears in the last few pages and has a few lines. it's clear she doesn't remember what she did when her godhood came to the forefront and there a throw away line mentioning how she sounded different before basically confirming her godmode sounds different but the blue text did that. It was a nice wrap to the series.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

That BASICALLY sums up Thor in a WHOLE Nutshell.

Not to mention he has the God Tempests inhabiting the Hammer Mjolnir. So, TECHNICALLY he's not exactly causing Thunderstorms himself.

Also fearless really gets into Storm's head on the greed of man. It's a deep scene. Today is like the best Storm day and i don't know how long.
    I agree. Fearless was great. Storm was written very well.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Uh, No. That's not what he meant. lol

BANNED

Lol well not a fraud since he is actually able to perform all of his weather related feats. I’d more so say that due to his power coming from magic, he can think “I want to make a literal tornado in space” and it would happen because the laws of physics don’t apply to magic. Ororo on the other hand would say “while I can’t make an earthly tornado in the confines of space, I can take control of the nearest solar wind and destroy my target just as easily” she’s has to manage within the restrictions of science. He can bippity boppity boom whatever he wants because of magic. She would no doubt be much more informed on all aspects of weather, the atmosphere, and the elements that comprise of both than he would because she’s spent her entire life harnessing them to manipulate past their normal boundaries to exact her will. He hasn’t had to do any of that.
    Don't forget the God Tempest lives in his Hammer. So, we don't really know if it's him that's doing it or just the hammer.

But I agree with you.

Today is certainly a great day and I haven't even read hox yet, the confirmation/definition is great especially, Ororo earned that title.

BANNED

I agree. It’s all so great because it doesn’t change the nature of any accomplishments. It puts her specific power into perspective. While Storm as an energy manipulator mimics the relationship Jean has with to, Storm’s claim to omega level status lies with her weather manipulation abilities as does Jeans tp. It all makes a great deal of sense.

I'm just here to say one thing today girls. Omega level. PERIOD.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Today got me all in my feelings as a Storm fan, really. I haven’t felt this much Storm pride/joy since her ascension as the Hadari Yao and defeat of The Adversary in BP. Good days for us feel so few and far between but with Fearless, Marvel Epilogue, and her biggest X confirmation/upgrade in yearssss with HoX #1 we have truly been thrice blessed today. Fearless was cute, fun, and lighthearted while staying true to voices of the characters and setting up for a fun little mystery story. Marvel Epilogue is really just a piece of art in book form. Storm has rarely looked so gorgeous as she shined on that panel drawn by Alex Ross, absolutely took my breath away when I turned that page. Recounting the story of X-men #98 from the perspective of a man and his two daughters on the street that night, it really shows you how miraculous Ororo must appear to the average person. Really some of the most beautiful portrayals of her and her powers I have ever seen and definitely worth it for a Storm fan even with the hefty price tag. I regret nothing! Lastly HoX #1 was just... to read the X-men being portrayed as the innovators, movers, and shakers of the future and do so with pride was... like a warm hug from an old friend. This whole issue was a sigh of relief after so many years of non-sensical, substance-less writing. This is a story. And it’s so much bigger than I even could’ve hoped. If it continues like this I’ll be more than happy to have Ororo be a key figure moving forward in the X-verse. Knowing she has that cover at the end and realizing that her part in the story will only grow from here does enamor me though. Pumped to see what happens next! Also Ororo being confirmed as 1 out of 14 mutants who make up the top echelon of power in this new mutant kingdom and being praised and regarded as a national resource to be protected at any cost? Somebody wake me, I must be dreaming...

BANNED

Today got me all in my feelings as a Storm fan, really. I haven’t felt this much Storm pride/joy since her ascension as the Hadari Yao and defeat of The Adversary in BP. Good days for us feel so few and far between but with Fearless, Marvel Epilogue, and her biggest X confirmation/upgrade in yearssss with HoX #1 we have truly been thrice blessed today. Fearless was cute, fun, and lighthearted while staying true to voices of the characters and setting up for a fun little mystery story. Marvel Epilogue is really just a piece of art in book form. Storm has rarely looked so gorgeous as she shined on that panel drawn by Alex Ross, absolutely took my breath away when I turned that page. Recounting the story of X-men #98 from the perspective of a man and his two daughters on the street that night, it really shows you how miraculous Ororo must appear to the average person. Really some of the most beautiful portrayals of her and her powers I have ever seen and definitely worth it for a Storm fan even with the hefty price tag. I regret nothing! Lastly HoX #1 was just... to read the X-men being portrayed as the innovators, movers, and shakers of the future and do so with pride was... like a warm hug from an old friend. This whole issue was a sigh of relief after so many years of non-sensical, substance-less writing. This is a story. And it’s so much bigger than I even could’ve hoped. If it continues like this I’ll be more than happy to have Ororo be a key figure moving forward in the X-verse. Knowing she has that cover at the end and realizing that her part in the story will only grow from here does enamor me though. Pumped to see what happens next! Also Ororo being confirmed as 1 out of 14 mutants who make up the top echelon of power in this new mutant kingdom and being praised and regarded as a national resource to be protected at any cost? Somebody wake me, I must be dreaming...
    Wow. I couldn’t have expressed this any better. What a great feeling this day has brought.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

well said. Finally, Storm is confirmed as what we always knew. She has no limits. Obvious from the start. A resource.

Finally I will never have to read a counter argument from some FOOL about her inability to do something.

#Teamomega lol