Page 249 of 662 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I got a good laugh out of that throw too. Although Storm was creating wind to counter it, it was still funny.
    I didnt think she was using her powers to counter it. he just seem to be weak af lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Are there any previews for black panther #14 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Are there any previews for black panther #14 yet?
    I have not seen any yet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didnt think she was using her powers to counter it. he just seem to be weak af lol.
    Lord I thought she was...yea he should have packed up and left after the throw then instead of still trying to be big a bad lol

Lord I thought she was...yea he should have packed up and left after the throw then instead of still trying to be big a bad lol
    right lolol that's why laughed like she did. just pathetic lol

I still cant believe all this amazing storm news we received!!!!

Even outside of Ororo, this is the most excited I've felt for the X-Men in a long time.

Even outside of Ororo, this is the most excited I've felt for the X-Men in a long time.
    agreed the first issue of hox was very well written and was quite entertaining. I seriously could not find anything to complain about. the tension between Reed and cyclops is interesting. I think them capturing sabertooth will come back to bite the f4.

agreed the first issue of hox was very well written and was quite entertaining. I seriously could not find anything to complain about. the tension between Reed and cyclops is interesting. I think them capturing sabertooth will come back to bite the f4.
    I agree. It's obvious Slim has something up his sleeve.

And MAGNETO!!! I loved his part of the story with the representatives.

I agree. It's obvious Slim has something up his sleeve.

And MAGNETO!!! I loved his part of the story with the representatives.
    yea cyclops is not convincing me. I'm think sabertooth getting captured was a part of the plan.

and yes magneto was so masterfully written. his arrogance towards the representatives, as well as the cuckoos was nice to see. I'm sure this will be explained but this change where the mutant population exploded seem to happen over a very short period. the protocols the humans put it place to confront this "threat" is also very chilling. To bring it back to Ororo, her boyfriend is a human yet she is aligned to Krakoa. How did she come to accept this idea of a mutant nation and why?

I love the author of thegeekiary. He definitely is spot on in his analysis of Ororo's omega level status. Take a look it's a great read:

https://thegeekiary.com/house-of-x-1...l-mutant/67997

Merciful Goddess!!!!! I can't believe all of this glorious and wonderful Ororo news we have all been so blessed to see. So I want to give a recap of all the books I've read today

HoX
    I must say this was probably one of the most well written and entertaining xbooks I've read in ages. The positive reviews the book has received is well deserved. It was entertaining, cohesive, well-written, and left me wanting more. I haven't felt that way in a long time reading the xbooks. There was virtually zero Ororo outside the announce of her being an omega mutant but even with this I'm so very curious to know her place in all of this. I honestly dont see Ororo aligning to what Krakoa as a nation means and I want to know more of her thoughts as to why she chose to tag along especially considering her main squeeze is a mutant. overall I give this a 10 out of 10 but if you are looking to read this solely for Storm save your money.

Fearless
    The first part of this story was about the three main heroes Sue, Carol, and Ororo. While Sue's portion reflected on her ties to her family, and Carol's reflected on her ties to space Ororo I felt had the more reflective and moving story. There was so much being said in the few panels that we saw. Maybe I felt this way because of the parallels I saw to what is happening in America. An occupant of the highest office telling 4 minority women of color to go back to where they were from seemed awfully familiar to the Canadian men who told her she didnt belong there. This also seemed similar to the southern border crisis. The men were never a threat to her but it was powerful to see her fight for a land, culture, and tradition the men who were born their couldnt appreciate. Her words in this story were just as powerful as the rocks powered by wind she commanded. Yet after dispelled the threat the vulnerability she showed ad she pondered the excess of man left me as a reader kind of hopeless. Will we ever have enough? Truly the best of the three storylines and I'm sincerely not saying this just as a storm fan. it was a great read. 8 out 10 simply because the other half of the book I didnt even read.

Epilogue
    All I can say is wow. The artwork along was simply breathtaking. It was both current yet felt classic at the same time. The idea behind the story was really creative. Seeing a story we all know told from the perspective of bystanders looking at our heroes in action was a great twist. Ororo transmuting her outfit via lightning, soaring to the top of the skyscraper to save Scott, and destroying the sentinel was gorgeous. However, seeing the reaction of the citizens in complete awe of Ororos power and her total control was so heartening as a reader. To see these elements that Claremomt originally told depicted in a fresh, new and invigorating manner for readers who may have never read the original just made me smile. It was short but oh was it sweet. This is definitely a 10/10. I got Vkaremomt revamped and it added beautifully to a story one that was already wonderfully told.

I must say, the xoffices have gotten me and others her so many times in the past but with what Coates has done as well as what I've gotten just today along with the confirmation of her being omega, stories both from the past and present that capture the essence of the character definitely gives me hope we have great things to look forward to my friends.

my only issue with her classification is that ignores how her powers actually work. we all know she perceives energy/forces which one of the main manifestations of this is weather phenomenon. I hope in all if this that key aspect is not loss.

This!! This is what I was waiting for! Lmao I agree, I know y’all had your doubts and I didn’t expect too much of anything myself, but yesterday was the best Wednesday pull of this year so far for me. From the beauty of Epilogue, to the fun of Fearless, to the grandiosely ominous tones of HoX with the special little Omega gift for a Ororo, it really was a surprise Christmas in July.

HoX is so funny to me because I haven’t felt the need to buy any X-book that Ororo was not prominently featured in for years, maybe a decade. Ororo however had one single panel in this book and to my actual shock I didn’t care at all. It was that good. This story was not a breath but an Ororo level blast of fresh air to the X-line. I don’t even care that they were kinda creepy, and acting weird, and threatening humans. It actually made it so much better! Can not wait to see how this plays out for ALL X-men and of course for Ororo in particular. It would be interesting to see her thoughts on this and to see if she is acting strangely or slightly out of character too. I don’t see her directly being against a mutant nation-state, however Ororo would not be on board with the notion of mutant superiority being their underlying threat/current. As much as she’ll cut a bitch to defend her own, she would never be an elitist towards any group. As a black woman and as a mutant she would know that flipping the tables on humans in the same way that was done to mutants all these years would eventually make them just as corrupt and negligent as the humans used to be. She knows better. So if she’s fully on board, with no reservations I would be suspicious for sure. Most definitely want to know how all of this would affect her relationship with T’challa, how this new voluntary mutant segregation mindset would effect how the X-men/her family views her relationship with him, and how allegiance would work going forward if Ororo and T’challa ever actually do make things official again. Can she be ambassador to Krakoa AND Queen of Wakandan? Doubt we’ll see any of that answered as it more directly involves just Ororo but still, all things I was wondering.

Fearless was suuuuuper cute and her voice was captured perfectly. I can’t wait to see more as it unfolds with Sue and Carol involved now. Seeing Ororo there defending Boreal forests from men and their greed was something I’d envisioned so many times before in real life. Made me think how Ororo would’ve been there at Standing Rock helping the rightful indigenous owners of that land defend their birthright. They may have thrown cold water but she would’ve returned the favor with a monsoon and freezing wind afterwards to boot. Can you say anti-capitalist Queen?!? Lmaooo but in all seriousness it was great and I can’t wait to read more. I’ve already gone on enough about Epilogue but I truly will treasure it as the piece of art that it is. But I will say this one more time. Ororo has rarely looked SO beautiful. And for our OLG(Omega Level Goddess), that is saying a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Attachment 85056

Here’s the god he was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    personally this might possibly be the villian that wakanda needs HADARI YAO to defeat
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s what I think.

I think The Hadari Yao will Fight the Forgotten Cheetah God of Wakanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is possible.

But last issue they mentioned that the Orisha had returned to Wakanda (except Bast, who is still with T'challa) so who knows.
    Ooooo child I don’t know. If Ororo comes through and busts it down on another God-villain of Wakanda instead of T’challa doing it on his own with Storm, Shuri, Ramonda, and the whole Dora Milaje cheering him on from the sidelines? We’d never hear the end of it. Storm fans would become more personas non grata in the BP threads then ever before. I’m gonna just sit here, sip yesterday’s still hot tea, and mind my own business.

BANNED

For so long I've wanted nothing more than for Storm's power to not only be recognized, but for it to matter to the stories she's involved in as well as having them be put to use. She my not be leading, but as the X-verse has been set up, her power matters in the grand scheme of things. She's been given a vital role within the current mythos and she's been put in a position designed to push her into setting some boundaries. It's truly a great time to witness her ascend to place of importance to mutant narrative as a whole.

So interesting that Omega was defined and with the note that these Omegas are valuable for the future of mutants. Makes Storm being an Omega actually significant and important. Wonder what role she will play.

I agree that I need to hear her thoughts on Krakoa. I trust her more than I trust Magneto, Cyclops, and Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    This!! This is what I was waiting for! Lmao I agree, I know y’all had your doubts and I didn’t expect too much of anything myself, but yesterday was the best Wednesday pull of this year so far for me. From the beauty of Epilogue, to the fun of Fearless, to the grandiosely ominous tones of HoX with the special little Omega gift for a Ororo, it really was a surprise Christmas in July.

HoX is so funny to me because I haven’t felt the need to buy any X-book that Ororo was not prominently featured in for years, maybe a decade. Ororo however had one single panel in this book and to my actual shock I didn’t care at all. It was that good. This story was not a breath but an Ororo level blast of fresh air to the X-line. I don’t even care that they were kinda creepy, and acting weird, and threatening humans. It actually made it so much better! Can not wait to see how this plays out for ALL X-men and of course for Ororo in particular. It would be interesting to see her thoughts on this and to see if she is acting strangely or slightly out of character too. I don’t see her directly being against a mutant nation-state, however Ororo would not be on board with the notion of mutant superiority being their underlying threat/current. As much as she’ll cut a bitch to defend her own, she would never be an elitist towards any group. As a black woman and as a mutant she would know that flipping the tables on humans in the same way that was done to mutants all these years would eventually make them just as corrupt and negligent as the humans used to be. She knows better. So if she’s fully on board, with no reservations I would be suspicious for sure. Most definitely want to know how all of this would affect her relationship with T’challa, how this new voluntary mutant segregation mindset would effect how the X-men/her family views her relationship with him, and how allegiance would work going forward if Ororo and T’challa ever actually do make things official again. Can she be ambassador to Krakoa AND Queen of Wakandan? Doubt we’ll see any of that answered as it more directly involves just Ororo but still, all things I was wondering.

Fearless was suuuuuper cute and her voice was captured perfectly. I can’t wait to see more as it unfolds with Sue and Carol involved now. Seeing Ororo there defending Boreal forests from men and their greed was something I’d envisioned so many times before in real life. Made me think how Ororo would’ve been there at Standing Rock helping the rightful indigenous owners of that land defend their birthright. They may have thrown cold water but she would’ve returned the favor with a monsoon and freezing wind afterwards to boot. Can you say anti-capitalist Queen?!? Lmaooo but in all seriousness it was great and I can’t wait to read more. I’ve already gone on enough about Epilogue but I truly will treasure it as the piece of art that it is. But I will say this one more time. Ororo has rarely looked SO beautiful. And for our OLG(Omega Level Goddess), that is saying a lot!
    1. lolol yes indeed. who would have thought 10 years ago we would ever be able to say Ororo was a real goddess and an omega mutant?? so many users trolled us over the years so to be here at this moment right now is a bit surreal. I'm very happy to see the love this character so desperately deserves. Christmas in July indesd!!!

2. I have to agree with you on your entire second point. I typically only read a book for Ororo but her not having any role outside of planting a krakoa plant didnt take away from my interest in any way. And yes yes yes to her not being for the superiority aspect. I think back to her solid where she took pictures with the young children on the Latin island and I couldnt imagine her taking on such an attitude toward innocent human children. To tchalla, I would imagine he would have concern with what was happening but I would like to think he would respect her and know her enough to know she wouldnt do anything villainous.

3. lmfao I would die if she did something like that. reminds me of when she dumped all that snow on bishop when he said she didnt have a personality. Lolol but I didnt even know epilogue was coming out and goddess was I ecstatic. it was all just amazing. and this doesnt include what we have to look forward to in black panther!!!