Page 250 of 662 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. lolol yes indeed. who would have thought 10 years ago we would ever be able to say Ororo was a real goddess and an omega mutant?? so many users trolled us over the years so to be here at this moment right now is a bit surreal. I'm very happy to see the love this character so desperately deserves. Christmas in July indesd!!!

2. I have to agree with you on your entire second point. I typically only read a book for Ororo but her not having any role outside of planting a krakoa plant didnt take away from my interest in any way. And yes yes yes to her not being for the superiority aspect. I think back to her solid where she took pictures with the young children on the Latin island and I couldnt imagine her taking on such an attitude toward innocent human children. To tchalla, I would imagine he would have concern with what was happening but I would like to think he would respect her and know her enough to know she wouldnt do anything villainous.

3. lmfao I would die if she did something like that. reminds me of when she dumped all that snow on bishop when he said she didnt have a personality. Lolol but I didnt even know epilogue was coming out and goddess was I ecstatic. it was all just amazing. and this doesnt include what we have to look forward to in black panther!!!
    No way she would right?! As much as she’s enjoyed the praise of a Goddess for much of her life, Ororo would never co-sign on Magneto threatening humans and declaring their superiority over them. Goes against everything she stands for. Life. Balance. Justice. But seeing her on the cover with Emma and Exodus kinda makes me as nervous as I am excited to see how she’s involved. I hope there isn’t some mind altering situation going on here that would tarnish her reputation and/or make her look evil or out of character in any way...

Side note: For anyone who bought Marvel’s Epilogue, in the back section where they interview Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross there’s some really nice tidbits about Ororo in there about how they wanted to use her as a symbol for how the age of Marvels was changing. As “Marvels first major black heroine” they thought she was key to portraying the changing perspectives of the times. Some really cool stuff, check it out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    So interesting that Omega was defined and with the note that these Omegas are valuable for the future of mutants. Makes Storm being an Omega actually significant and important. Wonder what role she will play.

I agree that I need to hear her thoughts on Krakoa. I trust her more than I trust Magneto, Cyclops, and Xavier.
    It would have been nice to see her along side Magneto if only to temper his more basic attitudes...but I absolutely loved Magneto being the drama queen that he is...it showed that they're not playing.
    I think she would understand the necessity of Krakeden at this time, even if she may not agree with its isolationist policy. And she will go along for the greater good of mutant existence.
    And besides, it's not as though humans have absolutely no contact with Krakoa...it's just that for security reasons, that contact is very limited.
    Think of it this way...You really like your neighbours but you don't want them walking in and out of your house, eating your food and using your bathroom whenever they please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    It's so beautiful. I really enjoy Acuna's Storm.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

No way she would right?! As much as she’s enjoyed the praise of a Goddess for much of her life, Ororo would never co-sign on Magneto threatening humans and declaring their superiority over them. Goes against everything she stands for. Life. Balance. Justice. But seeing her on the cover with Emma and Exodus kinda makes me as nervous as I am excited to see how she’s involved. I hope there isn’t some mind altering situation going on here that would tarnish her reputation and/or make her look evil or out of character in any way...

Side note: For anyone who bought Marvel’s Epilogue, in the back section where they interview Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross there’s some really nice tidbits about Ororo in there about how they wanted to use her as a symbol for how the age of Marvels was changing. As “Marvels first major black heroine” they thought she was key to portraying the changing perspectives of the times. Some really cool stuff, check it out.

could you imagine this ororo believing she was superior to these little faces:

I totally agree that I'm coming to believe there might be some mind control going on.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

this looks so good. next week can't get here soon enough.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Storm would never. While she’s been known to inspire praise and devotion, she’s fought her entire life to be seen as a woman. It’s possible she is unaware of the shenanigans Magneto and Cyclops were up to.

Exodus isn't affiliated with Krakoa. What if Emma, Exodus and Storm bring Xaviers plan crashing down

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Exodus isn't affiliated with Krakoa. What if Emma, Exodus and Storm bring Xaviers plan crashing down
    How would an alliance like that one come into being?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Who knows

Who knows
    char10

Exactly. Even if Storm leads some kind of rebellion against X and co, why would she team up with Emma and Exodus, especially if Emma's Hellfire Club is still shipping the Krakoa goods in Marauders, and Exodus was always about a mutant homeland/is a religious zealot by nature?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Storm would never. While she’s been known to inspire praise and devotion, she’s fought her entire life to be seen as a woman. It’s possible she is unaware of the shenanigans Magneto and Cyclops were up to.
    yes and agreed. and not only as a woman but also she has fought for those who are voiceless - the underdog. fearless is a recent example of this

I don't trust Xavier at all but I'm not sure Emma would be opposed to what Xavier is building.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes and agreed. and not only as a woman but also she has fought for those who are voiceless - the underdog. fearless is a recent example of this

I don't trust Xavier at all but I'm not sure Emma would be opposed to what Xavier is building.
    They're both high level telepaths and Xavier is feeding mutants to Krakoa.

BANNED

If there was some type of scenario that sets up an alliance like that, I’d think three separate investigations into krakoa would set these three along the same path. All for different motivations of course. I honestly think Emma would jump at the chance to one up Xavier, for sure. If for no other reason than to prove that she’s capable of keeping up with the best of them.

They're both high level telepaths and Xavier is feeding mutants to Krakoa.
    do we know the last part for sure though?