Page 252 of 662 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    After seeing her in American Gods(and just having eyes because LOOK at that face) nothing more would make me happier than seeing this come to fruition. Her African accent is real and impeccable, her skin is dark and flawless, the cheekbones cut glass and to me she has a much more.... Storm persona/aura than Naomi King, even though I like her too. So stunning, I really hope Marvel sees her and listens!
    Last edited by Ororo101; 07-26-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm not. For a freaking space opera, it is tedious and boring. Coates occasionally has some good ideas, but he can't write comics to save his life.
    As much as I want Coates off the book, I've kinda accepted the fact that he writes for trades as opposed to issue to issue. His first arc with A Nation Under Our Feet may have the characterization of Wakanda all wrong, but it flows pretty well in one sitting and has beautiful prose. This arc is even worse in terms of moving the story along but I'm sure the trade will do a better job of giving people the story alongside the prose and art.

In American Gods she played Bilquis/The Queen of Sheba, the goddess of love and sex. And she definitely has that whole Goddess mode down. Just watch episode 1 if you’re interested it has one of her most... iconic scenes lmao. Other than that, she’s gorgeous, has a muscular enough frame for Ororo(reminiscent of the recent Alex Ross portrayal) and she’s a natural born Nigerian actress with a beautiful natural accent to boot. Really is my first choice so far.

Attachment 85118

Attachment 85119

Attachment 85117
    Last edited by Ororo101; 07-26-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    In American Gods she played Bilquis/The Queen of Sheba, the goddess of love and sex. And she definitely has that whole Goddess mode down. Just watch episode 1 if you’re interested it has one of her most... iconic scenes lmao. Other than that, she’s gorgeous, has a muscular enough frame for Ororo(reminiscent of the recent Alex Ross portrayal) and she’s a natural born Nigerian actress with a beautiful natural accent to boot. Really is my first choice so far.

Attachment 85118

Attachment 85119

Attachment 85117
    YES! YES! YES!!! When I first saw her in AG my first thought was "She's perfect for Storm".

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    YES! YES! YES!!! When I first saw her in AG my first thought was "She's perfect for Storm".
    We were on the same page there! Love her. Also new Storm art for a Fearless cover I believe by Jenny Frison

Attachment 85120

P.S- if anyone would be willing to help figure out how to post larger images and/or gifs in here via DM, it would be greatly appreciated. IÂ’ve looked up forum actions and contacted a mod with no result or response as of yet. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/meechdoodle/stat...480454657?s=21

We were on the same page there! Love her. Also new Storm art for a Fearless cover I believe by Jenny Frison

Attachment 85120

P.S- if anyone would be willing to help figure out how to post larger images and/or gifs in here via DM, it would be greatly appreciated. IÂ’ve looked up forum actions and contacted a mod with no result or response as of yet. Thanks!
    Just use a site like https://imgur.com/ Upload the image then copy the image address into [IMG]insert image address[/IMG]
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Just use a site like https://imgur.com/ Upload the image then copy the image address into [IMG]insert image address[/IMG]
    Awesome, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Thanks for that info.

Does that also work when posting from phone/tablet? Mine are only small when I post from mobile as opposed to the computer.

Attachment 85118

Attachment 85119

Attachment 85117
    She's beautiful. I'm going to check out American Gods this weekend in between writing this God forsaken paper.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Hmmm.

lmfao that's hilarious.

Knowing nothing really so it’s obviously speculation but if the Omegas/X-men are comprised in some way and Ororo is already affected... that could lead to one of two possible outcomes with the cover we got for the last issue of HoX. Either Ororo is going to break free of the influence somehow, possibly with Emma and Exodus on her side, help lead a rebellion against Krakoa, Xavier, or whoever/whatever caused the undo influence leading into Dawn of X. Orrrrrr Ororo will be a key figure used by the influence as an Omega to activate whatever nefarious plan is in place. I’m really hoping for the former but... if done right... I wouldn’t be mad at the latter either tbh. We love a good Dark Goddess. Just hope it would be something she could recover from!
    honestly I'm thinking it will be the latter. these stories are supposed to extend for years so if these omegas are being controlled to some degree I don't think they will break free this soon. but dark goddess sounds scary af. I would like seei g that but as you alluded too I wouldnt want her doing something si terrible she wouldnt be able to redeem herself.

Is it just me or does Shuri give Ororo a sideways look after T’challa says “of my loved ones” while looking at Storm. What’s that about? Ol’ crow girl betta check her lipstick before she gone catch an attitude.
    I didnt necessarily see that but I did feel a bit of tension between nunakia and ororo. there seemed to be something coming from nunakia with her exchange with ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I think its great that so many actresses want to play Storm. But I also think its sad that there are so few roles for Black actresses to play in the X men movies.. Its Storm, then Monet, then CeCe then Frenzy, Tempo(presently dead), Oya, Cipher, Decay(MIA), Hub (depowered), M twins( living it up in limbo). Is this all we have after 40 plus years.

I wondered why CC didnt introduce a female Black mutant during New Mutants.. That will always bug me.. She even could have been a Hellion.its like that generation has no Black girls and just Sunspot as the lone Black male.

Also the art above is gorgeous.. You really can tell when artist know how to draw Black people well.
    yea I love the art as well its gorgeous. as to your questions of black women being added I actually found myself while at my lcs looking at all of the covers and different comics. there was only one common theme, virtually all of the characters were white. I can't say why Claremont did what he did but the comicbook industry in general seems to be lacking black people.

After seeing her in American Gods(and just having eyes because LOOK at that face) nothing more would make me happier than seeing this come to fruition. Her African accent is real and impeccable, her skin is dark and flawless, the cheekbones cut glass and to me she has a much more.... Storm persona/aura than Naomi King, even though I like her too. So stunning, I really hope Marvel sees her and listens!
    I like her passion but she doesnt really look like I imagine ororo to look. I think of all the actresses I've seen aja and the woman from ur Beale street could talk look the best. if there was a prototype however I think Iman or naomi Campbell would be the perfect examples of what ororo should look like.

Attachment 85118

Attachment 85119

Attachment 85117
    let's not forget ororo is technically African American and not African. I like the actress' passion but again I dont really see her as storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ya'll getting older and older with these casting choice. I'm expecting to see viola davis next.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ya'll getting older and older with these casting choice. I'm expecting to see viola davis next.
    lololol oh no lolol the shade. that's not nice I love viola
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol oh no lolol the shade. that's not nice I love viola
    I love me some viola but at this rate Storm bout to be a 50 year old goddess. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I love me some viola but at this rate Storm bout to be a 50 year old goddess. lol
    well wasnt ororo originally supposed to be old? lolol may we can go with how she was originally perceived to be. lol but I would prefer they cast a younger actress as well.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well wasnt ororo originally supposed to be old? lolol may we can go with how she was originally perceived to be. lol but I would prefer they cast a younger actress as well.
    Lol i can see it now. " I guess only mortal black don't crack."

True she was suppose to be as old as time, but immortal so if they went that way she at least looked young.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.