Page 253 of 662 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lol i can see it now. " I guess only mortal black don't crack."
    oop lmfao smh.

but all jokes aside I do love that all these chocolate sisters are campaigning to play her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oop lmfao smh.

but all jokes aside I do love that all these chocolate sisters are campaigning to play her.
    Me too. but like you i want her on the younger side unless they are fully committed to doing a Storm solo movie. Could you imagine, the first black female super hero movie. Storm: Rise of a Goddess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Me too. but like you i want her on the younger side unless they are fully committed to doing a Storm solo movie. Could you imagine, the first black female super hero movie. Storm: Rise of a Goddess.

You know what... and you are going to hate me for this but this wouldnt be the first black female superhero movie. this was:

but I do think it could still be marketed as such and I'm most certain with marvel pushing the diversity thing we will soon to get a storm rise of the goddess movie. I love it!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

You know what... and you are going to hate me for this but this wouldnt be the first black female superhero movie. this was:

but I do think it could still be marketed as such and I'm most certain with marvel pushing the diversity thing we will soon to get a storm rise of the goddess movie. I love it!!
    LMAO i can't. You know i actually saw that movie on like a local station and i can't even remember what happened. like one scene. so i can't disagree. but lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    She's beautiful. I'm going to check out American Gods this weekend in between writing this God forsaken paper.
    Nice! Let me know what you think, I’m curious!

lmfao that's hilarious.

honestly I'm thinking it will be the latter. these stories are supposed to extend for years so if these omegas are being controlled to some degree I don't think they will break free this soon. but dark goddess sounds scary af. I would like seei g that but as you alluded too I wouldnt want her doing something si terrible she wouldnt be able to redeem herself.
    Yeah I feel that too, for sure. But like I said, just like Daenerys could’ve been a BOMB villain in GoT8 if well written I’m beyond down for a Dark Storm that is reeeaaalllyyyy well done. Could you imagine if that Emma&Exodus cover was Storm announcing a mutant offensive against the world? I would be SHOOK lol.

Ya'll getting older and older with these casting choice. I'm expecting to see viola davis next.
    Damnnnnnn not VIOLA!!! Lmaooo okay so Yetide might be on the older side of what they’re aiming for if Naomi King is the age range but she has the acting chops, the accent, the demeanor, and most of the look for me. Naomi Campbell IS Ororo incarnated into human form but we know she can’t act well enough and her accent is insurmountable. Naomi King is beautiful but to me she rings through as a girl. There was always something mature, almost timeless about Ororo’s beauty for me. Like even when she was a teenage Goddess of the Plains, those panels still gave her a look of wisdom, beauty, and grace beyond her years. There’s something about the youthful roundedness of young actresses that don’t give me the established cheekbones, full lips, big almond eyes, and the tapered chin that to me screams African Glamour. Our people are the first people and the strongest African features have some of the most exotic and ancient beauty to them. So anyone who can inhabit that AND be young and act? I’m down for.

For any of y’all fellow Pose fans out there! Lolol

Attachment 85132

Keeping making this post in the bp thread when I want it to be here!!!! Omg! So regarding yetide (if I spelt it wrong my apologies) fancasting, I’m sure she’ll do great however she is a Nigerian and I would prefer a Kenyan actress to play Storm! I’m sure if she is casted she’ll do a good job though.

I will say though, she is beautiful and stands out in a crowd just like Ororo does.

Attachment 85133

Attachment 85134

Attachment 85135

as to your questions of black women being added I actually found myself while at my lcs looking at all of the covers and different comics. there was only one common theme, virtually all of the characters were white. I can't say why Claremont did what he did but the comicbook industry in general seems to be lacking black people.
    I remember as a kid getting Marvel Age and there was a cover where there was a black girl on it. It was doing the time Warlock and Sunspot was members of the Fallen Angels. I don't know why it fell through but I think there was a plan to add a black girl on the team.
    Attachment 85137

The comparisons between Electra Abundance and Storm are slim and make me suspicious. You all realize she’s a sympathetic villain, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The comparisons between Electra Abundance and Storm are slim and make me suspicious. You all realize she’s a sympathetic villain, correct?
    Electra Abundance is the black Emma Frost to me. The things she would do if she had telepathy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Electra Abundance is the black Emma Frost to me. The things she would do if she had telepathy. LOL
    EXACTLY. Blanca is the Storm role.

The allegiance and discord between the two iconoclasts is why I’m interested in Marauders and think the answer to what comes next is going to come from that friction.

The allegiance and discord between the two iconoclasts is why I’m interested in Marauders and think the answer to what comes next is going to come from that friction.
    Is Angel, Rogue? Damon, Kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

Yes Elektra is definitely more of an Emma personality wise, but I was more so alluding to her aesthetic being very Ororo-esque. Tall, dark, straight backed, long legged Nilotic beauty with features that scream East African Cradle of Life Realness.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 07-26-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is Angel, Rogue? Damon, Kitty?

Yup and Papi’s Kurt.