Page 256 of 662 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, I think they are.

And I agree. Storm naturally fits in the grander scheme if Marvel Comics. She’s a very very character that can blend and mesh well with any other character.
    She's the premiere female. Marvel knows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

Hahaha I love that picture. But yes, Marvel knows they are just lazy

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

In the front where she belongs, love it!
    Marvel is waking up a bit huh
    yes indeed!!

they sure do and wait until xmen come out. it's going to really become evident to marvel who the premiere female is
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea. maybe this is why Halle berry was ultimately chosen to play storm as she was a household name based upon her looks. however even though Halle was beautiful she was not regal or fierce looking and of course way to light to play the part. I would agree with the sentiment we as fans shouldnt give up on wanting to all of the qualities that make up ororo.
    Halle was actually a last resort. Halle Berry and Janet were first pic way before Halle.

well I've already mentioned the prototype. a woman who was a blend of Iman and naomi Campbell would possess the ideal look for me.

Perfect!!! Either one of them would've killed it! Perfect skin tones and faces to play Storm!

yes yes yes!!! if she was a few shades darker should be perfect.

women from Somali (if dark enough) I think is where would find our Ororo:

Love these women! They give me Storm! Brown skin or darker brown skin but not the other dark dark girls y'all had up there earlier. I want her to be the same color she was in the cartoons or in the comics they normally have her

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Halle was actually a last resort. Halle Berry and Janet were first pic way before Halle.

Perfect!!! Either one of them would've killed it! Perfect skin tones and faces to play Storm!

Love these women! They give me Storm! Brown skin or darker brown skin but not the other dark dark girls y'all had up there earlier. I want her to be the same color she was in the cartoons or in the comics they normally have her
    yea I think whatever woman they do go with will have to have a look that is regal, powerful, fierce and gorgeous. I believe Iman and naomi embody all of these. I actually wouldnt mind a darker skinned actress as I think her color was a bit lightened however as long as there are no any further high yellow or light skinned women I will be happy. ik hoping though a chocolate woman is cast.

these women would work for me and I love their skin tones.

didnt guggs say ororo had not returned back to her village in the hold book during the God wars story??

guess he forgot this issue:

so I happened to glance in the unpopular opinion thread and a poster there believe storm to be a bad leader. I didnt want to tear apart the points they made there as that is what the thread us for but what are your thoughts ? do you think she is a bad leader? me personally I would say no. since she was a child ororo has always had a natural ability to lead, and she was worshipped as a goddess prior to becoming an xman. after becoming one, she beat cyclops for leadership of the team while powerless and led the team to fight against such threats as selene and nimrod. during the mutant massacre she kept the xmen alive effectively using the events after adversary's defeat to make the world believe the xmen were dead. fast forward past her successful tenure as a leader during xtreme xmen and when she led a team during the proto mutant saga, she would led the xmen through an extinction even when the terrigen mist nearly killed or sterilized all mutants across the planet only losing technically one mutant under her care. So I would again what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    She's beautiful. I'm going to check out American Gods this weekend in between writing this God forsaken paper.
    American Gods is awesome.
    Hopefully there's a next season.
    But yeah when I first saw Belquis I was like ,look at this TV programming are serving better African God's than I have ever seen. Heck even when what's her face went all Storm goddess sea goddess in piarate of the carribian i was like 'come on '

BANNED

so I happened to glance in the unpopular opinion thread and a poster there believe storm to be a bad leader. I didnt want to tear apart the points they made there as that is what the thread us for but what are your thoughts ? do you think she is a bad leader? me personally I would say no. since she was a child ororo has always had a natural ability to lead, and she was worshipped as a goddess prior to becoming an xman. after becoming one, she beat cyclops for leadership of the team while powerless and led the team to fight against such threats as selene and nimrod. during the mutant massacre she kept the xmen alive effectively using the events after adversary's defeat to make the world believe the xmen were dead. fast forward past her successful tenure as a leader during xtreme xmen and when she led a team during the proto mutant saga, she would led the xmen through an extinction even when the terrigen mist nearly killed or sterilized all mutants across the planet only losing technically one mutant under her care. So I would again what are your thoughts?
    I made my comment. Regardless of how they feel Storm is still a good leader. They are just nitpicking

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I made my comment. Regardless of how they feel Storm is still a good leader. They are just nitpicking
    I just saw but I didnt agree with your rebuttal lol.

I do however agree with what you posted here.

I told you, the children don't like Storm. And if I had only been reading X-Men comics for the first time in the last 15ish years, I probably wouldn't either.

There are plenty of negative reflections of Storm in the canon as a leader, especially in the most recent era. Of course Claremont's Storm is a great leader, although it is also fair to say his Storm went through a lot of struggles, and had a steep learning curve(as I detailed in that Storm leadership thread last week).

Ultimately, the X-Men story is dominated by Xavier and Cyclops as the leader, and Storm's greatest period of leadership was a long time ago. Furthermore, the narrative is largely defined by the X-Men's backs being up against the wall, so it makes sense that there are plenty of failures in leadership built into the canon. Storm, written to her greatest extent without regard for the many other franchises in the Marvel universe, should very much have already ushered in a golden age for man and mutant alike, but that's just not how Marvel comics work.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!