Page 257 of 662 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 9921
    Niffleheim

From Extraordinary to IvX the leadership role was blatantly engineered for failure.

BANNED

Talk about it. Nostalgia as opposed to actual character progression. At no point since has a clear set of motives been outlined for her based on her convictions. She’s only been reactionary to the men that push the narrative.

Well, to Yoga Flame's point, if I had to judge Storm's leadership on the last 10 years or so, I'd agree that she's a crappy leader. It's been awful. IvX was the worst. The X-Men and all the mutants are afraid of an F'ing CLOUD when their leader, Storm, literally controls the weather. And instead of dealing with or even contain the cloud, they create an safe heaven in a hell dimension. The whole premise was stupid.

Now, I know Storm is a great leader, but that hasn't been shown a long, LONG time. (None of the X-Men have really shined in the leadership department in my humble opinion.)

I am hopeful we will get the real Storm back with this new dawn of the X-Men.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 07-27-2019 at 11:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    She's the premiere female. Marvel knows.

For the life of me can't recall or find another issue where Emma is seen smoking a cigarette in her own body -- perhaps it's a marijuana cigarette?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    For the life of me can't recall or find another issue where Emma is seen smoking a cigarette in her own body -- perhaps it's a marijuana cigarette?
    You have to go back to her White Queen days. Claremont had her smoking a lot during her New Mutants appearances. Morrison did as well until the nonsmoking policy went into effect

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Well, to Yoga Flame's point, if I had to judge Storm's leadership on the last 10 years or so, I'd agree that she's a crappy leader. It's been awful. IvX was the worst. The X-Men and all the mutants are afraid of an F'ing CLOUD when their leader, Storm, literally controls the weather. And instead of dealing with or even contain the cloud, they create an safe heaven in a hell dimension. The whole premise was stupid.

Now, I know Storm is a great leader, but that hasn't been shown a long, LONG time. (None of the X-Men have really shined in the leadership department in my humble opinion.)

Yeah, I can agree. Storm wasn’t the best but she tried. And in my Opinion none of the X-Men leaders did any great so lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, I can agree. Storm wasn’t the best but she tried. And in my Opinion none of the X-Men leaders did any great so lol
    Not a one.. Prof X failed many times.. he was low key abusive, manipulative and did not help everyone equally, Cyclops stayed letting his personal life inter.. he also was to dogmatic at times.. Magneto was too arrogant, Emma Frost also mad mistakes which resulted in a lot of her students dying.. They all have blood on their hands esp Cyke and Emma..

I completely and utterly disagree. It may not be what people have wanted, it might not have lead to the results people wanted but in a no win situaion where the x-franchise hands were tied in universe Storm still came off doing the best.

In universe where we were expected to accept the inhuman culture game Storm managed to lead the X-men through it all and barely lose any mutants. When Scott and Emma were headmistress they had a school bus blown up. When Scott was leader he was known in universe as "hitler" though we didn't agree. Storm was able to take a situation with less leadership help than any other mutant and hold it all together after a divorce, after the Phoenix 5, after everything she was able to keep things going while still maintaing the good will of the mutants and others. Has there ever been a leader to have to do so much with so little help. She only had kitty ya'll. No Xavier, No Logan, No Scott, No Emma (as she defunct at the time but did help with planning some of I vs. X.) No Jean, Rogue was over in Avengers. people act like scott and them did it all themselves. he always had xavier, or jean, or storm, or logan, or someone. Another brain, an enforcer. So people can push that hillary clinton narrative on Storm all they want but i'm not buying it. Given what she had to deal with she handled it better than any other x-leader without losing herself. But hey that's just me. Storm did an amazing job leading in what had to be one of the lonliest time in her x_existence

Edited to add she also had teen jean but she wasn't experienced at that point.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-28-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Niffleheim

Hillary? Why is my baby being compared to Pant Suit Lady? I need a Titus Andromeda Benghazi gif right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Hillary? Why is my baby being compared to Pant Suit Lady? I need a Titus Andromeda Benghazi gif right about now.
    Then i counter with a "go back home meme" lesser of two evils my a$$. People sleeping on Storm just like Hillary. Someone at marvel must have released Storm's emails.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Then i counter with a "go back home meme" lesser of two evils my a$$. People sleeping on Storm just like Hillary. Someone at marvel must have released Storm's emails.
    I'll Counter that meme with "I'm home"

I completely and utterly disagree. It may not be what people have wanted, it might not have lead to the results people wanted but in a no win situaion where the x-franchise hands were tied in universe Storm still came off doing the best.

In universe where we were expected to accept the inhuman culture game Storm managed to lead the X-men through it all and barely lose any mutants. When Scott and Emma were headmistress they had a school bus blown up. When Scott was leader he was known in universe as "hitler" though we didn't agree. Storm was able to take a situation with less leadership help than any other mutant and hold it all together after a divorce, after the Phoenix 5, after everything she was able to keep things going while still maintaing the good will of the mutants and others. Has there ever been a leader to have to do so much with so little help. She only had kitty ya'll. No Xavier, No Logan, No Scott, No Emma (as she defunct at the time but did help with planning some of I vs. X.) No Jean, Rogue was over in Avengers. people act like scott and them did it all themselves. he always had xavier, or jean, or storm, or logan, or someone. Another brain, an enforcer. So people can push that hillary clinton narrative on Storm all they want but i'm not buying it. Given what she had to deal with she handled it better than any other x-leader without losing herself. But hey that's just me. Storm did an amazing job leading in what had to be one of the lonliest time in her x_existence

Two things:

1) You're using real world context, (saying the X-Franchise had their hands tied), as justification for comic book character's actions. While it true, and some readers know that the X-Men were purposely knocked down because Disney didn't own the X-Men movie rights, in the context of the Marvel Comic universe, none of that matters. Storm wasn't thinking, "well, I would destroy this cloud, but I can't because it'll give me too much prominence in the Marvel universe." As presented in the comics, she acted as to what she thought was best and made some seriously flawed leadership decisions.

2) Your post is basically saying we should give Storm an A for effort, even though the result of her resent leadership tenures were sub-par. I am not willing to do that. If Storm didn't have the right support network, she should have sought it out. Hell, even Rachel was pushing her to take command at one point. She needed to be the kick-ass leader we know she can be and the results would have matched the effort.

As I stated in my original post, none of the X-Men leaders have really shined in the most recent years. Unfortunately that includes Storm. Storm's leadership hasn't shined since X-Men: World's Apart. Before that, it was when she created the X.SE. I am not surprised that newer readers have a low opinion of her ability to read.

Again, I am hopeful we will get a multifaceted Storm with great leadership abilities included with this new X-Men regime.

Two things:

1) You're using real world context, (saying the X-Franchise had their hands tied), as justification for comic book character's actions. While it true, and some readers know that the X-Men were purposely knocked down because Disney didn't own the X-Men movie rights, in the context of the Marvel Comic universe, none of that matters. Storm wasn't thinking, "well, I would destroy this cloud, but I can't because it'll give me too much prominence in the Marvel universe." As presented in the comics, she acted as to what she thought was best and made some seriously flawed leadership decisions.

2) Your post is basically saying we should give Storm an A for effort, even though the result of her resent leadership tenures were sub-par. I am not willing to do that. If Storm didn't have the right support network, she should have sought it out. Hell, even Rachel was pushing her to take command at one point. She needed to be the kick-ass leader we know she can be and the results would have matched the effort.

As I stated in my original post, none of the X-Men leaders have really shined in the most recent years. Unfortunately that includes Storm. Storm's leadership hasn't shined since X-Men: World's Apart. Before that, it was when she created the X.SE. I am not surprised that newer readers have a low opinion of her ability to read.

Again, I am hopeful we will get a multifaceted Storm with great leadership abilities included with this new X-Men regime.
    And in universe my point still stands. Given what she dealt with and the lack of support Storm lost less students than any other X-men leader. In universe where the goal was mutant/human coexistance storm had the most support in the grander mu and was still able to remain good relations with the inhumans. In universe when Storm went to war despite the means she won and mutant kind was saved from a poisionous gas that no other x-leader was there to confront. In universe Cyclops failed with the Phoenix five, Emma, failed her students, Emma and Cyclops both just let a blood bath happen on their watch. If we take real world out of it and list in universe and how other characters in that universe think of mutants and see mutants because of who was leading them at the time then Storm still comes out heads and shoulders above the rest. Storm biggest failure was arguably taking mutants to limbo which was still safer than a cloud that in universe for whatever reason no one could do anything about. I was just being kind to the other leaders by using out of universe logic. And the whole cloud thing happened on Scott's watch, Storm just had to deal with it after he died. So yeah in universe and in universe only she looks even better.

And thats not even touching decimation,utopia, etc. Again none on Storm's watch so in the grand scheme i really want to know where she failed?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm gonna have to agree 100% to this. ororo led the xmen during really tough periods and the xmen were still able to walk away from it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree 100% to this. ororo led the xmen during really tough periods and the xmen were still able to walk away from it.
    And she managed to keep the character of the x-men in tact. anyone can try to lead in hard times but to lead and not let it fundamentally change you or who you are despite the harshest circumstances. That is a true leader. That's the difference between an Obama and a Trump. She was there for all. So peeps can miss me with that Storm wasn't a great leader in the last few years. Yeah ok. But that's just my opinion. One could say she was the only real leader. she went through it all and was still Storm, was still on the mission, she didn't let hard times change her or her message when it was the easiest way out.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.