Page 258 of 662 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And she managed to keep the character of the x-men in tact. anyone can try to lead in hard times but to lead and not let it fundamentally change you or who you are despite the harshest circumstances. That is a true leader. That's the difference between an Obama and a Trump. She was there for all. So peeps can miss me with that Storm wasn't a great leader in the last few years. Yeah ok. But that's just my opinion. One could say she was the only real leader. she went through it all and was still Storm, was still on the mission, she didn't let hard times change her or her message when it was the easiest way out.
    you are speaking nothing but 100% truth here. well said my friend. she did go through a slump where she doubted herself but she pulled herself up and out of that funk all while not losing herself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-every-omeg...eakest-ranked/

5. Storm

Despite being a close associate of the X-Men for decades, Storm has only recently received Omega-Level status. Known as the Weather Witch, she has the ability to control and manipulate weather, summoning fog, rain, hail, powerful winds, or thunderstorms as she needs.

Her powers aren’t bound to Earth, either – Storm has summoned natural energy to defeat enemies in space. Her deep connection to nature allows her to see the worlds energy and cause devastation through earthquakes and tsunamis or summon volcanic eruptions.

do you agree???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

And she managed to keep the character of the x-men in tact. anyone can try to lead in hard times but to lead and not let it fundamentally change you or who you are despite the harshest circumstances. That is a true leader. That's the difference between an Obama and a Trump. She was there for all. So peeps can miss me with that Storm wasn't a great leader in the last few years. Yeah ok. But that's just my opinion. One could say she was the only real leader. she went through it all and was still Storm, was still on the mission, she didn't let hard times change her or her message when it was the easiest way out.
    X-Men's character, MAYBE, but her own character, not at all. Her indecisiveness and unwillingness to deal with the terrigen cloud leading up to her the IvX mess was a stark contrast to the take no prisoners Storm that made her a fantastic leader during the 80's and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    X-Men's character, MAYBE, but her own character, not at all. Her indecisiveness and unwillingness to deal with the terrigen cloud leading up to her the IvX mess was a stark contrast to the take no prisoners Storm that made her a fantastic leader during the 80's and 90's.
    Disagree, if you want to stay in universe for whatever reason she couldn't destroy the cloud and as such they needed forges deviceeven after the okay from inhumans. So what else was she supposed to do? The other governments of the mu accepted the inhumans claims and allowed the cloud therefore she could have made more enemies and mutants could have been attacked on more fronts than just the cloud so in universe she handled it the most diplomatic way. Storm for the most part has always respected the law unless you have an example of wide scale situations where she did otherwise.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

5. Storm

Despite being a close associate of the X-Men for decades, Storm has only recently received Omega-Level status. Known as the Weather Witch, she has the ability to control and manipulate weather, summoning fog, rain, hail, powerful winds, or thunderstorms as she needs.

Her powers aren’t bound to Earth, either – Storm has summoned natural energy to defeat enemies in space. Her deep connection to nature allows her to see the worlds energy and cause devastation through earthquakes and tsunamis or summon volcanic eruptions.

do you agree???
    Kind of. I am OK with Storm's placement at # 5, but I'd actually have Legion higher on the list. There is something about that guy that just terrifies me. Monarch too.

I do, however, hate their description of Storm: "a close associate of the X-Men for decades"? Moira MacTaggert was a a close associate. Stevie was a a close associate. Storm IS an X-Man and was leader of the team for years and years!

5. Storm

do you agree???
    Eh I don't read cbr main articles. They don't make much sense to me and I don't give the writers much credence. Personally u would have placed both Jean and storm lower when you have reality manipulators but again I don't think much of cbr articles. Most times I'm actually confused by them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Eh I don't read cbr main articles. They don't make much sense to me and I don't give the writers much credence. Personally u would have placed both Jean and storm lower when you have reality manipulators but again I don't think much of cbr articles. Most times I'm actually confused by them.
    Exactly. Sometimes the things they say and put together makes me say “Huh????”

The description is fine and the placement is out of order. But I don’t really believe anything CBR says anymore.

Disagree, if you want to stay in universe for whatever reason she couldn't destroy the cloud and as such they needed forges deviceeven after the okay from inhumans. So what else was she supposed to do? The other governments of the mu accepted the inhumans claims and allowed the cloud therefore she could have made more enemies and mutants could have been attacked on more fronts than just the cloud so in universe she handled it the most diplomatic way. Storm for the most part has always respected the law unless you have an example of wide scale situations where she did otherwise.
    With the Tony Starks, Reed Richards, Forges, Beast of their world, it's inconceivable to me that NO ONE could have come up with something to contain the cloud. So the decision to move the mutants to a hell dimension where their lives are still in danger was piss poor and solved nothing. My point is she hid, she didn't lead very well. If I look at the Storm I grew up reading and the Storm of IvX, the former is not a good leader. I know what a capable leader Storm can be.

For the record, I do agree with you that there was a mandate to reduce the X-Men's importance in comics. None of the X-Men had very good showings over the last decade or so and that was on purpose.

Kind of. I am OK with Storm's placement at # 5, but I'd actually have Legion higher on the list. There is something about that guy that just terrifies me. Monarch too.

I do, however, hate their description of Storm: "a close associate of the X-Men for decades"? Moira MacTaggert was a a close associate. Stevie was a a close associate. Storm IS an X-Man and was leader of the team for years and years!
    yea I noticed that too. that is an odd way to describe her

lolol for some reason I think most would agree with you. what would your order be based upon the characters listed.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Exactly. Sometimes the things they say and put together makes me say “Huh????”

The description is fine and the placement is out of order. But I don’t really believe anything CBR says anymore.
    what would your order be??

5. Storm

do you agree???
    Who made this list it is hot trash. So the Reality warping boys, Mister M and Legion are 1,2,3,4,5 the order really doesn't matter but Franklin has the silliest stuff on record imo. Then it is toss up between Exodus, Vulcan, Jean grey, Magneto and Storm.The order again doesn't matter. I would lean to Vulcan being on top of that group. Next up Iceman and Quire. Who should be with the group above but experience and control imo puts them lower. Then Elixir and Hope who I get why they are on the list but they don't really stand out right now.

Storm being nearly middle feels about right but who that list had on top or bottom was just off. Power level stuff is stupid in X-men because it just means that character is going to jobbed a lot aka Storm is ridiculously powerful but a group of Madrox is going someone who has point control over tornados problems. If the X-men did more standard superhero stuff then this wouldn't be an issue but X-men has been stuck in cycle so only enemies they tend to fight is evil humans organizations, other good guys, and other mutant groups none which they can really go all out on.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-28-2019 at 10:11 PM.

With the Tony Starks, Reed Richards, Forges, Beast of their world, it's inconceivable to me that NO ONE could have come up with something to contain the cloud. So the decision to move the mutants to a hell dimension where their lives are still in danger was piss poor and solved nothing. My point is she hid, she didn't lead very well. If I look at the Storm I grew up reading and the Storm of IvX, the former is not a good leader. I know what a capable leader Storm can be.

For the record, I do agree with you that there was a mandate to reduce the X-Men's importance in comics. None of the X-Men had very good showings over the last decade or so and that was on purpose.
    But we saw storm actually send beast to work with the inhumans to create a cure for mutants. We saw storm reach out to others for help. Forge did create a device eventually. During that crisis Storm was the best leader in the mu. Where was cap? Where was Thor? Where was doctor strange? Captain marvel? Falcon? The only one with an excuse was reed who was off world. Not only did every other leader sit by and watch mutants die they watched humans die too when the forced terrigenisis failed on them. And there was no cloud stopping them. Storm was still running around saving mutants and limbo was about the only place they could get easily because of magick so if they instantly needed to get away from the cloud it was the best way. Different circumstances call for different forms of leadership. Storm was fighting the world alone and lost less mutants than the latest uncanny run. Sounds like a good job to me. Especially since the gas was something that effected the marvel u itself so was more than just a mutant problem.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-29-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

yea I noticed that too. that is an odd way to describe her

lolol for some reason I think most would agree with you. what would your order be based upon the characters listed.

what would your order be??
    It would take way to much the entire list is off. Lol. But Jean would be close to the bottom with Quintin as we've seen almost all of them tank telepathy in some way. If we are simply going by their Omega power.

okay so i'm at my computer.
    1. Hope Summers- In theory if she can copy any mutant power and use it to it's full potential as though it's her own instantly she would be the top imo.
    2-5 would be the reality warpers with Franklin being the lowest. Yes that's mainly because he lacks experience.
    Then we have our energy manipulators. I would put Iceman at the bottom of that because he has little to no telepathic resistance from what i've seen.
    Then the bottom two would be Jean and Quintin with Quintin being last because he doesn't have Jean's experience.

There are helmets and chips and stuff that block telepathy.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-29-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Who made this list it is hot trash. So the Reality warping boys, Mister M and Legion are 1,2,3,4,5 the order really doesn't matter but Franklin has the silliest stuff on record imo. Then it is toss up between Exodus, Vulcan, Jean grey, Magneto and Storm.The order again doesn't matter. I would lean to Vulcan being on top of that group. Next up Iceman and Quire. Who should be with the group above but experience and control imo puts them lower. Then Elixir and Hope who I get why they are on the list but they don't really stand out right now.

Storm being nearly middle feels about right but who that list had on top or bottom was just off. Power level stuff is stupid in X-men because it just means that character is going to jobbed a lot aka Storm is ridiculously powerful but a group of Madrox is going someone who has point control over tornados problems. If the X-men did more standard superhero stuff then this wouldn't be an issue but X-men has been stuck in cycle so only enemies they tend to fight is evil humans organizations, other good guys, and other mutant groups none which they can really go all out on.

lol not hot trash lol. it seems the consensus doesnt agree with this list. it's interesting how you came to the conclusion of which mutants are tossups.

also I do agree with your point about powerful characters being jobbed to a degree. I think generally if the character is a bad guy they generally arent shown in that manner but good characters or heroes (especially ororo) are often times shown getting their butts kicked.

It would take way to much the entire list is off. Lol. But Jean would be close to the bottom with Quintin as we've seen almost all of them tank telepathy in some way. If we are simply going by their Omega power.

1. Hope Summers- In theory if she can copy any mutant power and use it to it's full potential as though it's her own instantly she would be the top imo.
    2-5 would be the reality warpers with Franklin being the lowest. Yes that's mainly because he lacks experience.
    Then we have our energy manipulators. I would put Iceman at the bottom of that because he has little to no telepathic resistance from what i've seen.
    Then the bottom two would be Jean and Quintin with Quintin being last because he doesn't have Jean's experience.

There are helmets and chips and stuff that block telepathy.
    l actually like how you grouped these. your rationale for these makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I would have Hope as dead last. She even being considered an omega is ill defined.

Hope's not an omega for mimicry; she's an omega for power manipulation and people in the other thread said its bc she reactivated mutant powers in Second Coming, which doesnt make sense to me but okay. Her mimicry has limits and is easily surpassed by other charcters. For one she can only mimic mutant powers. Rogue can mimic any superbeing. Hope's mimicry fades with distance and time. Rogue can theoretically permanently mimic a person's powers (and has with extended touch). Plus there was that period where she was able to recall any power she's stolen, which Hope hasnt been able to do.

Also you are using experience and stuff like TP resistance to rank them, but none o that matters in the Omega classification. Franklin created an entire pocket universe when he was 5 years old with no experience. He was far from his peak and thats only a preview of what he might be able to do as an adult. Id rank him #1 in terms of the reality manipulators bc we've seen what they can do at their prime; Franklin has arguably matched or surpassed them and that was with no experience.

Iceman may not be known for TP resistance but TP isnt a part of his powerset and what classifies him as an Omega. TP resistance doesnt make Storm a more powerful omega for that same reason. Its solely about their actual power
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2019 at 11:22 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

5. Storm

do you agree???
    What the Kentucky Fried Hell is going on in this list?

Franklin can create realities, Legion can manifest random powers, Proteus' and Monarch's are so ill-defined they can respawn themselves yet they're so low. Yet Jean tops due to telekinesis?
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 07-29-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    "Cable was right!"