Page 261 of 662 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 9921
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No its not and she cant claim to have one
    it is a viable category. ABD is a real thing. But even not having "finished" an advanced degree would not mean she doesn't have knowledge that can be applied in the use of her powers.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    This explanation I can get with... Thanks! Makes me wonder why a Inhibitor Collar works on her or how Siena Blaze managed to blow the Blackbird out of the sky with Ororo on board.
    well she has bypassed an inhibitor collar before but I think that run occurred in bizzaro world so it's not worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    A poster already gave you an explanation to which you seem to agree. So, I won't say anything for that was what I was going to tell you anyway.

First, off thanks for the Scans. Because I don't know why MY scans are so small, but thanks for posting for me.

Secondly, the list I made is just my Opinion and how I see how each of their powers operate. I'm actually on the Fence right now on switching Jean. A TK/TP user of the Highest Order can do some damage to Energy Powerhouses. But I think(IMO) I place them higher because they are able to control and manipulate Vast amount of power within themselves as well as broadcast or expel it outward at a larger rate than a TK/TP.....IMO.
    ok this makes sense to me boo. thank you.

That is a GOOD question.

I would say NO to the lava, but yes to the gases.
    remember ororo controls the energy and forces that result in weather phenomenon. lava and gases are comprised of energy including electrons which is under her ability to control.

Well..........I guess. I mean in this type of environment Storm would have to result to ONLY manipulating the Magnetic Fields underground. So, I GUESS she can. But Lava is...a whole different beast. I don't know. I need some feats first.
    lava is comprised of energy which ororo can control. technically based upon this it should fall within her dominion to manipulate.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Jerald Cole, B.S., S.M. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, SJSU, MIT (1982)

Answered Dec 7, 2017

Lava doesn’t fit neatly into any of the common state categories. It has many properties that are similar to those of a liquid, but also has some properties of a bingham plastic Bingham plastic - Wikipedia. It also behaves a bit like certain plastic gels in that while it will fill voids it isn’t always self leveling.

One of the things that distinguishes lava from what we normally think of as liquids is that it isn’t a pure substance and it isn’t a true solution. Part of the result is that it doesn’t have a distinct melting point. Rather, as the rock is heated, it goes through a glassy phase with a viscosity that varies dramatically with temperature. At some point it become liquid-like, but there is still no distinct melting point or transition temperature.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

remember ororo controls the energy and forces that result in weather phenomenon. lava and gases are comprised of energy including electrons which is under her ability to control.

lava is comprised of energy which ororo can control. technically based upon this it should fall within her dominion to manipulate.
    That MAY be true, but I think i'm going to need to see Storm actually MOVE Lava a more precise control of manipulating Lava.

That MAY be true, but I think i'm going to need to see Storm actually MOVE Lava a more precise control of manipulating Lava.

it's either true or not true. It may be more difficult because the the medium she is manipulating would be more dense but she should still be able to control it. similar to when she controlled the ocean currents:

but I get your point. you want to see it as evidence kinda like people needed to see it stated ororo was omega before they would accept it. so I get it. I just dont think if we look at how her powers work it should be questionable if she can control it or not. anything comprised of energy in theory she should be able to control.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Jerald Cole, B.S., S.M. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, SJSU, MIT (1982)

Answered Dec 7, 2017

Lava doesn’t fit neatly into any of the common state categories. It has many properties that are similar to those of a liquid, but also has some properties of a bingham plastic Bingham plastic - Wikipedia. It also behaves a bit like certain plastic gels in that while it will fill voids it isn’t always self leveling.

One of the things that distinguishes lava from what we normally think of as liquids is that it isn’t a pure substance and it isn’t a true solution. Part of the result is that it doesn’t have a distinct melting point. Rather, as the rock is heated, it goes through a glassy phase with a viscosity that varies dramatically with temperature. At some point it become liquid-like, but there is still no distinct melting point or transition temperature.
    most forms elements including metal, gases, liquids have electrons of some sort, which ororo has the ability to control.

Are we really debating what storm could be able to control when the woman has manipulated silk on a whim
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Are we really debating what storm could be able to control when the woman has manipulated silk on a whim
    hey boo.... when she do that???

oh I'm cray cray.. u takking about when she changes her outfit. gotcha lol

if she doing this what cant the all-goddess do???
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-29-2019 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

but I get your point. you want to see it as evidence kinda like people needed to see it stated ororo was omega before they would accept it. so I get it. I just dont think if we look at how her powers work it should be questionable if she can control it or not. anything comprised of energy in theory she should be able to control.
    Maybe in Theory. But I don't think it's in the control of how the Mutant Magma controls Lava.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-29-2019 at 03:32 PM.

With that answer it seems like your just guessing and assuming that since it's energy she MUST be able to control it. However, I will agree sure in Theory yes she probably can. But I don't think it's in the control of how the Mutant Magma controls Lava.
    oh yea. I think it would take concentration and even then how it would manifest is questionable. I would say now that her control of oceans would be far more easy. in her solo she mentioned she could have stopped a tsunami by taking control of it directly and it is possible the tsunami she controlled was manipulated directly too though the latter was bot confirmed.

BANNED

oh yea. I think it would take concentration and even then how it would manifest is questionable. I would say now that her control of oceans would be far more easy. in her solo she mentioned she could have stopped a tsunami by taking control of it directly and it is possible the tsunami she controlled was manipulated directly too though the latter was bot confirmed.
    I guess so. If it does take MORE concentration to actually move Lava then sure. I can get behind that.

It would be interesting if she could, though I don't really think she can do so directly. Redirecting lava flow (or even creating a volcano) makes sense since she can control,shape and manipulate the planet's magnetic fields, but the lava itself is not a force or element that governs weather. It has byproducts that does/can influence the weather that she can control (i.e. heat) but to do so with lava directly is more Crystal/Magma territory than Storm's. Happy to be wrong or not fully informed on the topic.

A LOT of GREAT stuff to cover here:

**Official Omega Level Mutant = AWESOME! And it's about damn time. I agree this is only relevant if they make the omega level status important in the x-books (outside of making these specific mutants targets) but we it is GREAT to have the sign off that she is in that class of power. No more potentially being an omega but actually is.

**Omega Level Mutant: Better Defined Definition = About damn time. And I think it was defined well and leaves room for further elaboration and specificity. It counters some of the assumptions that mutants have to be immortal, have to transcend their physical body, etc. I also got the impression that this list will grow and can include multiple characters with the same power set but different levels of development in that specific power.

**Marauders = The jury is still out. I don't plan on getting it at this point. I don't recall any outstanding stories from Duggan with regard to Storm, not a fan of Kitty being the team leader (not opposed to it but it is an immediate put-off due to Gold) and I am a little put off by the fact that Storm isn't in an official flagship book.

**Black Panther = Looks to be an interesting story and Coates has been growing on me in his handling of Ororo. I'll reserve judgment until I read it but the last issue was pretty good.

**Possible Storm Appearance In BP2 = I am all FOR IT! I would love to see her be the first (or at one of the 1st two) mutants introduced to the MCU. She encountered Xavier prior to the X-Men being a thought so it could make sense with canon if they went that route as part of her introduction and why she could fit into both universes.

**Leadership = I think the X-Office continues to fail her here. Her handling as a leader has been so regressive to her (her mid 80s - early 2000s growth is completely ignored in favor of painting her as too idealistic, naive and indecisive) that she needs some time to be redeemed in a leadership role under a new X-directive. One not willing to sacrifice her growth and accomplishments as a leader to push the supposed awesomeness of the Inhumans, or have Cyclops, Kitty or Jean appear better at it.

Still looking for:

- What is Storm's role in the X-Verse?
    - In the MU as a whole?
    - I don't think Storm needs to be shoe-horned into a leadership role but I do feel like she should have a bigger, more influential and impactful role in the X-Universe/MU, and it's long overdue. I want to know from Marvel when will we see this?
    - What does her omega status mean now? Will we get to see some long overdue development here as well?

Well as I said before this list does not make sense. All of the Reality Warpers should be grouped together and higher. IMO. So, my list is this: from Lowest to Highest.

14. Elixir
    13. Kid Omega
    12. Exodus
    11. Jean
    10. Magneto
    9. Iceman
    8. Storm
    7. Vulcan
    6. Mister M
    5. Proteus
    4. Monarch
    3. Legion
    2. Franklin
    1. Hope

The reason why I placed Hope Summers as Number 1 because if she just needs to see you use your powers or be near you. Essentially she's able to do virtually ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you can, but BETTER. However, I don't think Hope should be called an Omega because she clearly has limits and a mutant(Rogue) has already surpassed her. So, whatever but due to the nature of Hope's powers she tops everyone.

Reality Warpers of the Highest Order should be next. Franklin tops them all. He literally created his own Universe at the age of 5. Where as the other reality warpers powers only seem to be limited.

Then we have the Psionic Users. At the Top Mister. M tops all Psionic Users. He's basically manipulating Psionic Energy to the sub-atomic level creating whatever he see fit. Vulcan comes next because the man is just absorbing your powers to increase his own and can suppress yours.

Next we have the Energy Power Houses: I placed Ororo as Number 8 because people who can absorb your power or mimic it or manipulate matter at a subatomic level or warp reality takes precedence over Storm's vast array of power. And why Storm is above Magneto and Iceman is because she can essentially do the EXACT same thing they can do...literally. Because Storm has no upper limits to her powers (just like they don't), and because she is not defined to just the Planet Earth alone, but extends to other planets and Dimensions etc. Storm can bring upon ANY form of Geological and Meteorological Phenomenon (Natural or Unnatural) she sees fit. IF she wanted she can essentially put the whole Planet Earth into a Brand New Ice Age or if she felt like it she could utterly destroy the Planet Earth's Electro-Magnetic Field that was protecting it from the Sun burning everyone away or a Solar Flare. Vice Versa. That's why Storm is above Magneto and Iceman.

Next we have the TK and TP of the Highest Order. Jean Takes the seat because not only is she more experience, but her powers being that it's undefined and has no upper limit she can essentially control everyone's mind on the Planet. And maybe in the Universe(IMO) Also sh is able to transcend her body into pure Psionic Energy. Kid Omega is Lame and should not be here.

Elixir is last because his powers is not as devastating as the others and doesn't have a massive effect on the Planet or Universe as a whole. However,being able to heal and bring yourself back from the dead is very powerful all in itself.

SO, that's my Opinion on how I would set the Omegas up.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-every-omeg...eakest-ranked/

5. Storm

Despite being a close associate of the X-Men for decades, Storm has only recently received Omega-Level status. Known as the Weather Witch, she has the ability to control and manipulate weather, summoning fog, rain, hail, powerful winds, or thunderstorms as she needs.

Her powers aren’t bound to Earth, either – Storm has summoned natural energy to defeat enemies in space. Her deep connection to nature allows her to see the worlds energy and cause devastation through earthquakes and tsunamis or summon volcanic eruptions.

do you agree???
    Cool list. I agree with StormPhoenix's order. I don't see how a non-PF Jean or Storm could outrank reality warpers.

I don't dispute what the narrative says... An earthquake nor an eruption is a weather related phenomenon. Might as well say she can move tectonic plates and or command lava to flow with the greatest of ease anywhere on the planet.
    :::Clutches fanfic Journal ::::

"I SAID ,STAY OUT OF MY ROOM!"

:::Slams Door:::::

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    It would be interesting if she could, though I don't really think she can do so directly. Redirecting lava flow (or even creating a volcano) makes sense since she can control,shape and manipulate the planet's magnetic fields, but the lava itself is not a force or element that governs weather. It has byproducts that does/can influence the weather that she can control (i.e. heat) but to do so with lava directly is more Crystal/Magma territory than Storm's. Happy to be wrong or not fully informed on the topic.

A LOT of GREAT stuff to cover here:

**Official Omega Level Mutant = AWESOME! And it's about damn time. I agree this is only relevant if they make the omega level status important in the x-books (outside of making these specific mutants targets) but we it is GREAT to have the sign off that she is in that class of power. No more potentially being an omega but actually is.

**Omega Level Mutant: Better Defined Definition = About damn time. And I think it was defined well and leaves room for further elaboration and specificity. It counters some of the assumptions that mutants have to be immortal, have to transcend their physical body, etc. I also got the impression that this list will grow and can include multiple characters with the same power set but different levels of development in that specific power.

**Marauders = The jury is still out. I don't plan on getting it at this point. I don't recall any outstanding stories from Duggan with regard to Storm, not a fan of Kitty being the team leader (not opposed to it but it is an immediate put-off due to Gold) and I am a little put off by the fact that Storm isn't in an official flagship book.

**Black Panther = Looks to be an interesting story and Coates has been growing on me in his handling of Ororo. I'll reserve judgment until I read it but the last issue was pretty good.

**Possible Storm Appearance In BP2 = I am all FOR IT! I would love to see her be the first (or at one of the 1st two) mutants introduced to the MCU. She encountered Xavier prior to the X-Men being a thought so it could make sense with canon if they went that route as part of her introduction and why she could fit into both universes.

**Leadership = I think the X-Office continues to fail her here. Her handling as a leader has been so regressive to her (her mid 80s - early 2000s growth is completely ignored in favor of painting her as too idealistic, naive and indecisive) that she needs some time to be redeemed in a leadership role under a new X-directive. One not willing to sacrifice her growth and accomplishments as a leader to push the supposed awesomeness of the Inhumans, or have Cyclops, Kitty or Jean appear better at it.

Still looking for:

- What is Storm's role in the X-Verse?
    - In the MU as a whole?
    - I don't think Storm needs to be shoe-horned into a leadership role but I do feel like she should have a bigger, more influential and impactful role in the X-Universe/MU, and it's long overdue. I want to know from Marvel when will we see this?
    - What does her omega status mean now? Will we get to see some long overdue development here as well?
    1. I still would argue that energy of any form should be under her ability to control. solar wind, electrical impulses are not weather but the is able to manipulate because it is energy. however, if we assume that energy or forces she manipulates is only connected to weather if you look at the physical composition of lave it is 46.6% composed of oxygen. Considering this is a mixture or homogeneous substance unless she separates the oxygen I think you can make the argument from this perspective she can control it as well:

http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/what-lava-made

Moreover, there are four forms the forces of nature exist as: gravitational, weak nuclear, radiation, and strong nuclear. I think this is why she is an omega because if she were to tap into all of these forces her potential would be limitless.

https://www.clearias.com/four-fundam...ces-of-nature/

2. agreed. the potential omega stuff was quite annoying and it's nice to see the things people used to say that made her unlikely to be one, such as having a physical body, didnt matter at all.

3. agreed with everything here

4. yes I'm not convinced yet either with the maurauders. but I will see how the hox/pox books wrap up. also, the main books are going to have a rotating cast. we may see her there at some point.

5. yes the last episode was good. I'm ready for weds!!!

6. agreed. I only hope that after appearing it is followed by a solo film.

7. anytime a younger member who you trained, groomed and "raised" find themselves your leader is a sign the creative team has failed the character so I agree with you here as well.

8. I think she will play a prominent role. the omegas are extremely valuable to mutants and must be protected.

9. This is an uncertainty but considering out of all the xwomen she was chose as the lady to be chosen speaks volumes. also let's not forget her presence and role in black panther. she is probably the only female xmen character with this amount of appearances outside the xbooks.

10. I think as the mutants begin to expand in the mcu ororos impact will also begin to grow.

11. see point 8. the fact that there are so few known omegas and that they must be protected says a lot. I believe the omegas are being used (unbeknownst to the omegas) to power krakoa. their unlimited power allows their energy to be siphoned without being noticed by the host mutant.