Page 263 of 662 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 9921

Storm's most iconic color scheme is black and gold. Even when she goes to other colors, that combo is one that always suits her best and what I think of for her

Preview page of Storm being a badass in X-Men #1

BANNED

I LOVE it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

I can't wait, I just want a capable Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I hope so too. Going by the scan it looks like Storm got surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Ohh wee so much going through my mind. Is this a training exercise? How did they get so close to her. And is she holding people with lightning like a lease without hurting them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ohh wee so much going through my mind. Is this a training exercise? How did they get so close to her. And is she holding people with lightning like a lease without hurting them.
    I think that is the impact of her lightning that is making them fly back. However, I don't know if you noticed, but there is a Robot flying towards her right behind her.

So, i'm going to assume that is why she got surprised because it was behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think that is the impact of her lightning that is making them fly back. However, I don't know if you noticed, but there is a Robot flying towards her right behind her.

So, i'm going to assume that is why she got surprised because it was behind her.
    I did notice. I meant the arm in the front in looks like the lightning is holding the arm rather than shocking it. And the guy in the back next to the robot looks like Quintin and the girl seems young but proably coincidence.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

sigh...Lightning Lass...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't mind right now. It's her easiest attack since she produces it from her own metabolism as well and it's only a few panels. But she's front and center.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Give it a chance. Who knows she may use her other powers. It's just the first book.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I did notice. I meant the arm in the front in looks like the lightning is holding the arm rather than shocking it. And the guy in the back next to the robot looks like Quintin and the girl seems young but proably coincidence.
    Yeah, I see that. Ah well I'm excited. I agree with you. I HOPE this is a competent Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I'd love an upgraded version of this with the X-Treme color scheme
    This I where I am at. Still my favorite look for her and the best color scheme. Though I am ready for some reversal of the colors, with red being the primary vs black.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I see your point but if the argument you are making is that the element or force must govern weather, the element with the highest concentration in lava is oxygen. Moreover, consider the galatic core feat. What in how this feat was done is related to weather? The feat centers around her ability to see energy and manipulate it, which Claremont described it being no different from when she controls weather. I think when you get into the saying her powers are limited to those aspects which are directly tied to weather control is when you potentially set it up for some of her feats to not make sense ir it leads to writers depowering her when there is "no weather." All in all, one of her biggest fears has nothing to do with weather - the galatic core feat - and even being able to rearrange her clothes via lightning couldnt be categorized as weather.
    I don't think this perspective limits her elemental control at all. The forces under her purview are already vast and grossly under explored (let alone the fact that they also adjust to her environment). These are the building blocks for how she manifests weather effects, which shouldn't limit how she can apply them. That really falls under the writer's research and interest in being creative. Pak recognized her ability to manipulate the planet's magnetic fields, which resulted in her redirecting lava up from under the earth. Or Wood's recognition (albeit too late) of her control over temperature allowed for a heatwave explosion. Or Larry Hama having Storm wipe a group or mooks out with a tidal wave.

Also, we don't know what energies comprise the galactic core to state its not weather related. Controlling solar winds, free floating hydrogen atoms, EM energy and sensing magnetic fields of stars (ultimately because she can manipulate them) while in space supports that the suns and stars she drew upon in the core fall under atmospheric forces regularly under her control. The feat of her creating clothing out of thin air (which we've also seen done by a few others, like Crystal) isn't enough to show that her powers go beyond the forces of the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Nice. Those must be agent of...Orcis?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Over in the Rogue thread they were talking about her costume and her best color scheme (green and black were the favorite) and it got me thinking on our girl. Should Stormy always be in black in gold or could other color schemes stick?

Speaking of color schemes, I doubt this costume is most people's favorite, but do y'all prefer Jim Lee's design black (what he'd intended) or silver (how it was perceived by later artists?
    Attachment 85282 Attachment 85285
    Black and Gold.
    I hated that Jim Lee design...the ginormous shoulder pads were...Fugh! It was overall a very basic design concept. And Storm should never look basic.
    But...black was preferable to the silver. (I personally don't care for Storm in white at all).

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Give it a chance. Who knows she may use her other powers. It's just the first book.
    Yupp. I know. But still...It would be nice to see her doing something else for a change.

So the Trion dimension obviously had unique physics, but consider how it effected the others' powers. Gambit still charged cards, but they just flew erratically. Nightcrawler still teleported, but his portal where he left would stay open a bit and tentacle monsters could come through the breech. Xavier was still a telepath, but instead of simply casting his mind temporarily, he would possess the body of the mind he was targeting. Slight variations on their base powers. In Storm's case, she did something like this:

That looks a lot like reality warping to me.

Of course later the Trion try to trap her in an illusion so she could not realize the extent of her ability and challenge them. Not only does she challenge them, she overpowers them completely!

And reforms the entire dimensional membrane, setting everything right again. Storm is often titled 'the mistress of the elements'. What are the elements but the building blocks of reality? If Storm can rearrange electrons to her whim, what can't see rearrange?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!