Page 266 of 662 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure if this was asked here but I saw it somewhere here but what do you think being an omega level weather manipulator will allow ororo to do that we have yet to see? does this reveal put her on a level above thor when it comes to weather manipulation?
    I don't think it's the same. I think she should be able to control a storm Thor conjures bit I never thought of Thor controlling the weather. Odin once explained it as conjuring storms rather than directly controlling or creating them. Like conjuring a storm on Jupiter to strike someone.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I'm not sure if this was asked here but I saw it somewhere here but what do you think being an omega level weather manipulator will allow ororo to do that we have yet to see? does this reveal put her on a level above thor when it comes to weather manipulation?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it's the same. I think she should be able to control a storm Thor conjures bit I never thought of Thor controlling the weather. Odin once explained it as conjuring storms rather than directly controlling or creating them. Like conjuring a storm on Jupiter to strike someone.
    I would say it leaves room for Storm to create MORE unnatural Weather Phenomenon a lot faster and easier. Using Solar Flare attacks or using Radiation attacks. Stuff like that. I never consider Thor someone who controls the weather, because he actually doesn't. But a Conjurer as you stated is very much the truth. Aslo, an Omega Mutant weather manipulator would be like making Cosmic Storm out of nowhere(But i'd save that for her GodHead Form)

The real question is: Since Storm IS a Goddess, but she is also an Omega Mutant.............How are they different in power?
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-30-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i understand the differences in how their power operate. it still doesnt make sense to me because recall how forge was described. it is mentioned that he is not omegs technopathy because there are humans who can do what he does even greater. the ways human would replicate what forge does would be different. also, the description you describe it also places limits on what the user can do. I guess she could essentially manipulate weather it to a degree that cant be measured but that again seems to be a degree a limitation there. however if the identifier here is manipulate versus conjure I guess this names.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Based on the most recent stories, Thor's weather manipulating is actually the result of his hammer containing a primeval storm deity, so they are the ones actually doing the weather manipulating. I'm not sure how that squares with the fact that Thor is the son of Gaea, the earth mother, so he should have elemental powers through her too.

I've not followed Thor closely over the years, but it's always been a case of him being a sledgehammer, and Storm being a surgeon's scalpel, even before this new Omega business. It's definitely possible that Thor has some fine-tuned feats over the years, but to my knowledge Storm has always been more specific in her abilities. They even played at this when Thor and Storm were on a date in that alternate universe Avengers title.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I would say it leaves room for Storm to create MORE unnatural Weather Phenomenon a lot faster and easier. Using Solar Flare attacks or using Radiation attacks. Stuff like that. I never consider Thor someone who controls the weather, because he actually doesn't. But a Conjurer as you stated is very much the truth. Aslo, an Omega Mutant weather manipulator would be like making Cosmic Storm out of nowhere(But i'd save that for her GodHead Form)

The real question is: Since Storm IS a Goddess, but she is also an Omega Mutant.............How are they different in power?
    the way her goddess abilities are distinguished from her omega makes it simple for me when I think about adversary. remember the fight where she sent winds towards him that could movevplanents but he was unphased because he said their attacks were physical in nature. well this is how her omega level powers would work. no matter the level it would always be a physical manifestation. It wouldnt affect gods like adversary. however her goddess abilities would allow her to affect magical and/or gods, and everything below that.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Based on the most recent stories, Thor's weather manipulating is actually the result of his hammer containing a primeval storm deity, so they are the ones actually doing the weather manipulating. I'm not sure how that squares with the fact that Thor is the son of Gaea, the earth mother, so he should have elemental powers through her too.

I've not followed Thor closely over the years, but it's always been a case of him being a sledgehammer, and Storm being a surgeon's scalpel, even before this new Omega business. It's definitely possible that Thor has some fine-tuned feats over the years, but to my knowledge Storm has always been more specific in her abilities. They even played at this when Thor and Storm were on a date in that alternate universe Avengers title.

so would u be in the mind to think now that she is an omega she could manipulate the weather beyond the deity in the hammer?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

the way her goddess abilities are distinguished from her omega makes it simple for me when I think about adversary. remember the fight where she sent winds towards him that could movevplanents but he was unphased because he said their attacks were physical in nature. well this is how her omega level powers would work. no matter the level it would always be a physical manifestation. It wouldnt affect gods like adversary. however her goddess abilities would allow her to affect magical and/or gods, and everything below that.

so would u be in the mind to think now that she is an omega she could manipulate the weather beyond the deity in the hammer?
    No. Becuase the Diet Godtempest was destroying and engulfed Solar Systems. I don't think Storm is capable of that.

I don't have enough information to make that determination.

No. Becuase the Diet Godtempest was destroying and engulfed Solar Systems. I don't think Storm is capable of that.
    then that would contradict what Hickman said. omegas have immeasurable power and based upon this her ability would be measurable against the power the hammer could generate. this is why I'm thinking it would place her above thor.

just going off the definition and not actual feats obviously.

BANNED

Doesn’t Storm come from a long line of druids? Why isn’t she doing some Dungeons and Dragons type shit? Give her a magical relic like Thor’s hammer. Maybe an ancient staff that belonged to her ancestors which grants her chlorokinesis and allows her to commune with animals and spirits.

I mean, I’m not saying she should be sacrificing flatscans to the blood gods(I totally am), but maybe a spell or two mixed in with her weather manipulation.

I don't have enough information to make that determination.

here you go omega. this is all I'm basing the question off of at this point:

The lack of data refers to the powers of the hammer deity. I don't have enough data from Thor's canon.

Now, as for the storm deity eating a solar system, well, Ororo's galactic core feat still trumps that. She was able to manipulate and consolidate the energy of MILLIONS of separate stars/planets at once, without destroying them, at faster than light speeds(which point to a non-phyical/maybe spiritual aspect to her power).

The lack of data refers to the powers of the hammer deity. I don't have enough data from Thor's canon.

Now, as for the storm deity eating a solar system, well, Ororo's galactic core feat still trumps that. She was able to manipulate and consolidate the energy of MILLIONS of separate stars/planets at once, without destroying them, at faster than light speeds(which point to a non-phyical/maybe spiritual aspect to her power).
    oh I gotcha.

isnt the galatic core only encompassing of one solar system? what stormphoenix describes seems to indicate the galatic core feat wasnt as large as the God tempest.

BANNED

oh I gotcha.

isnt the galatic core only encompassing of one solar system? what stormphoenix describes seems to indicate the galatic core feat wasnt as large as the God tempest.

If you read The Might Thor (2016) Issue #12

They explain that the God Tempest was the Size of a Galaxy.

Attachment 85297

A galactic core is the center of a galaxy. Also referred to as a galactic bulge or galactic center.

They are areas dense with stars, usually in the rotational center of a galaxy(where some surmise supermassive blackholes exist, around which the rest of the galaxy spins). Like, earth is on one of the arms of our Milky Way galaxy, and the closest star is over 4 lightyears away. One parsec is about 3.26 lightyears across.

Within one parsec of our galactic core, there are as many as 10 million stars. So, much more dense with stars, but still spread out over multiple lightyears of distance. Again, a lightyear is the space light covers in a whole year. Our sun is 8 lightminutes away. Again for reference of scale, a year has 525,600 seconds.

So no, a galactic core is not just one solar system. It is tens of millions of solar systems, crammed into several lightyears of space*which is still huge.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-30-2019 at 04:55 PM.

If you read The Might Thor (2016) Issue #12

They explain that the God Tempest was the Size of a Galaxy.

Attachment 85297
    A galactic core is the center of a galaxy. Also referred to as a galactic bulge or galactic center.

They are areas dense with stars, usually in the rotational center of a galaxy(where some surmise supermassive blackholes exist, around which the rest of the galaxy spins). Like, earth is on one of the arms of our Milky Way galaxy, and the closest star is over 4 lightyears away. One parsec is about 3.26 lightyears across.

Within one parsec of our galactic core, there are as many as 10 million stars. So, much more dense with stars, but still spread out over multiple lightyears of distance. Again, a lightyear is the space light covers in a whole year. Our sun is 8 lightminutes away. Again for reference of scale, a year has 525,600 seconds.

So no, a galactic core is not just one solar system. It is tens of millions of solar systems, crammed into several lightyears of space*which is still huge.
    thank you both. this is useful information. as it stands though the galatic core feat is impressive it still does not amount to the energy that spreads across the galaxy. at this point Thor or his hammer is the head honcho. I would like to think, at least based upon my understanding of the omega description, ororos power would allow her to manipulate energy on a level beyond this is required.