Page 269 of 662 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wait, so you guys only read Black Panther unless Storm is involved? I'm shocked... absolutely shocked. And here I thought the most vocal of Storm fans were in absolute support of T'Challa book.
    I'm glad you said it. lol. I understood it so i didn't but i wanted to so bad. I thought it was great issue that signified just how strong Bast still is and her reach. I feel like Coates is doing a great job showing what makes a god a god through bast and it's more than just god hood signifying Storm has a long way to go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where did anyone say they read BP only for storm???
    it was kind of insinutated with the no need to rush to the comic store because in this bp storm didn't do much. but the book is still bp and as far as his mythos this issue really shows why bast is bast imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    it was kind of insinutated with the no need to rush to the comic store because in this bp storm didn't do much. but the book is still bp and as far as his mythos this issue really shows why bast is bast imo.
    well the issue honestly was just boring. not much happened that we havent already seen and to be fair this is the storm forum so if people are reading it to get the storm fix I dont see an issue with it. I do hope the next issue is more exciting beyond the space wars stuff we've been seeing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't think it's an issue since this is a storm thread too but it does make it look a little fake when storm fans claim black panther is great and other writers should follow and respect it when in fact if storm doesn't do something significant that those same people don't care.it makes it seem they still don't care about tchalla or bp or the overall story that Coates wrote but rather just how he writes storm and that's not how some present it or thennselved. It adds a falsity to their praise imo.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't think it's an issue since this is a storm thread too but it does make it look a little fake when storm fans claim black panther is great and other writers should follow and respect it when in fact if storm doesn't do something significant that those same people don't care.it makes it seem they still don't care about tchalla or bp or the overall story that Coates wrote but rather just how he writes storm and that's not how some present it or thennselved. It adds a falsity to their praise imo.
    but who specifically has done that? who has said they are only reading it for storm yet profess to love tchalla? If you go back to what was stated none of that was said or even insinuated. now a better question would have been why people were saying the issue was boring or worth sitting out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but who specifically has done that? who has said they are only reading it for storm yet profess to love tchalla? If you go back to what was stated none of that was said or even insinuated. now a better question would have been why people were saying the issue was boring or worth sitting out.
    I'm just answeing the question objectively. I come to this thread a lot and I've never seen as much excitement for coates writing as i do when storm specifically does something but then the same people aren't really promoting the work the same way when storm doesn't shine in it. Personally i didn't see this issue as boring. From a bp mythos stand point it shows how ingrained in BP Bast truly is and will always be. Which in of itself creates problems with tchalla being with a "new god"
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'm just answeing the question objectively. I come to this thread a lot and I've never seen as much excitement for coates writing as i do when storm specifically does something but then the same people aren't really promoting the work the same way when storm doesn't shine in it. Personally i didn't see this issue as boring. From a bp mythos stand point it shows how ingrained in BP Bast truly is and will always be. Which in of itself creates problems with tchalla being with a "new god"
    I'm probably the biggest tchalla/ororo here. a good story, regardless of if your face is there, is a good story. ororo didnt appear one time in hox but the story was engaging and damn good. and many people said that. the same has been true of black panther but this issue (issue 14) has read much like previous issues, at least imo. ut been shipped zooming in space shooting at each other and the plot really hasnt moved along outside of tchalla finally finding his family back in wakanda. I did like bast but this isnt something new, we saw this two or three issues ago. so I could understand people (BP fans included) finding this issue boring.

That's Coates for ya: making an intergalactic space opera boring.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I don't think it was posted here, so I'm putting it, in case someone didn't see... Storm appeared in the previews of Marauders #1 and X-men #1:

I adore her with Bobby. I hope they have good chemistry and talk about things beyonde work. Loved her looks in Matteo's pencils.

Glad that we have a whole page of her in the flagship book. It is a sign that she might have a good role in the upcoming stories. Maybe Kitty is the leader of Marauders because Storm have other roles to play. I don't care about the leadership, I just want her to have good development.

Wait, so you guys only read Black Panther unless Storm is involved? I'm shocked... absolutely shocked. And here I thought the most vocal of Storm fans were in absolute support of T'Challa book.
    Nah, honestly I agree that might have been the case for some but I picked this issue up for the cover AND the story but outside of Ororo’s limited appearance the story for this issue itself felt very stagnant and kind of meandering. It was just a slow issue for the story in general imo. But nice try comin in here and trying to be messy, honey lol

Literally not much happened with anyone in the issue... that’s the whole point as to why it was slow and there was no need to rush. And btw is there anyone who doesn’t read outside of their usual realm of books if their favorite character is making an appearance? What is the shade about that?

BANNED

No, your absolutely right. Speaking for MYSELF I ONLY read Black Panther because Storm is in it.

I do not support T'Challa because I don't like the Character.....sorry. :-/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I don't think it was posted here, so I'm putting it, in case someone didn't see... Storm appeared in the previews of Marauders #1 and X-men #1:

I adore her with Bobby. I hope they have good chemistry and talk about things beyonde work. Loved her looks in Matteo's pencils.

Glad that we have a whole page of her in the flagship book. It is a sign that she might have a good role in the upcoming stories. Maybe Kitty is the leader of Marauders because Storm have other roles to play. I don't care about the leadership, I just want her to have good development.
    Well she is front and center on the cover of HoX #6 next to Emma and Exodus so hopefully whatever role she plays in that book spins out into whatever role in Marauders is.

I'm probably the only Storm Fan to ever say this but I would like to start a petition to limit Storm's lightning powers.

Sick of Lightning Lass...

X-writers she can do more than lightning attacks
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's Coates for ya: making an intergalactic space opera boring.
    his first season I thought was pretty good and this season hasn't been bad. the space stuff has just gone on for way too long in my opinion.

I hope she has good development as well. time will most certainly tell.