Page 270 of 662 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Nah, honestly I agree that might have been the case for some but I picked this issue up for the cover AND the story but outside of Ororo’s limited appearance the story for this issue itself felt very stagnant and kind of meandering. It was just a slow issue for the story in general imo. But nice try comin in here and trying to be messy, honey lol
    messy indeed. and I'm still waiting on a response to my question. when did anyone claim they are picking the book up only for storm? but if they did what's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Literally not much happened with anyone in the issue... that’s the whole point as to why it was slow and there was no need to rush. And btw is there anyone who doesn’t read outside of their usual realm of books if their favorite character is making an appearance? What is the shade about that?
    I agree. fans of a character will pick up a book if their fave is in it. I dont see issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No, your absolutely right. Speaking for MYSELF I ONLY read Black Panther because Storm is in it.

I do not support T'Challa because I don't like the Character.....sorry. :-/
    but you have never been a tchalla supporter. you've always made that known. that user was saying that storm fans were also supporters or BP. also the same wasnt true of windrider. I'm the only one the user could have been referring to which is why I asked where did anyone say that
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm probably the only Storm Fan to ever say this but I would like to start a petition to limit Storm's lightning powers.

Sick of Lightning Lass...

X-writers she can do more than lightning attacks
    Chile please do!! I swear they should change her power set to just lightning as that is seriously all these writers ever show her doing. no flood creation, no wind or air manipulation, no plasma or radiation no heat or ice, no creativity at all. very over it, PERIOD.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm glad you said it. lol. I understood it so i didn't but i wanted to so bad. I thought it was great issue that signified just how strong Bast still is and her reach. I feel like Coates is doing a great job showing what makes a god a god through bast and it's more than just god hood signifying Storm has a long way to go.
    Absolutely this part. Coates crafted his story in such a way to highlight the differences between the fairly new goddess and Bast. Wherever T’Challa is, Bast has enough power to reach him. She is flexing here heavy. The more followers she has the greater her power appears to become. Bast fully indulges in that power and the faith her believers place in her. Even still, Storm has yet to call herself Hadari Yao. Never not once. It signifies something and I’m willing to bet it plays a larger role. It’s sad and sweet at the same time. Sad because some of the fans (Storm’s and BP’s) don’t understand the intellectual integrity of her (Hadari Yao) place in Wakanda and Black Panther mythology, and it’s oh so sweet that the haters (Storm’s and T’Challa’s) misunderstand for those very same reasons.

With everything that Coates has done with Storm in his Black Panther run, she occupies a space that has been designed exclusively for her. Both her character and power matter to the story. Both BP’s solo and Shuri’s short run illustrates that Ororo is both asset and ally without reservation. Whether you personally find the stories boring or not, they paint a picture of a Storm that is valued, valuable and incomparable. She is actively pushing the narrative because her character is an important piece of the puzzle. Her place in that part of the MU is entirely hers and hers alone. That’s a supporting character. The most beautiful aspect that I see is while Storm is placed on a pedestal as the Hadari Yao, she still refuses to allow people define her place for her. She accepts that Wakandans of Alkamite have their beliefs and doesn’t quash them. She also doesn’t relinquish her power to their prophecies by calling herself the one true Hadari Yao of legend. I love every bit of it. The irony it induces is something else. Storm is kinda conflicted in a way. While we don’t hav one single instance of Storm adopting her new name, she doesn’t deny that her function in the universe is to bring balance. The way Coates writes his stories is poetic. I honestly don’t get how anyone could write a bigger love letter for Storm. She is a supporting character and he’s managed to carve out a place for her in the Black Panther books in a way that the X-men have not. I just get stitches when people bring up Storm’s goddess reveal as a meager attempt to satiate her vapid fans that just love feats and titles. Their ignorance sustains me. The story puts her on the next tier of anything we expected power wise, but Storm rejects it so she can relish her power as a woman in love with a man. This message of black love and understanding despite the complications or consequences is rejected because many are unaccustomed to it. I’m here for all of it.
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 08-01-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Absolutely this part. Coates crafted his story in such a way to highlight the differences between the fairly new goddess and Bast. Wherever T’Challa is, Bast has enough power to reach him. She is flexing here heavy. The more followers she has the greater her power appears to become. Bast fully indulges in that power and the faith her believers place in her. Even still, Storm has yet to call herself Hadari Yao. Never not once. It signifies something and I’m willing to bet it plays a larger role. It’s sad and sweet at the same time. Sad because some of the fans (Storm’s and BP’s) don’t understand the intellectual integrity of her (Hadari Yao) place in Wakanda and Black Panther mythology, and it’s oh so sweet that the haters (Storm’s and T’Challa’s) misunderstand for those very same reasons.

With everything that Coates has done with Storm in his Black Panther run, she occupies a space that has been designed exclusively for her. Both her character and power matter to the story. Both BP’s solo and Shuri’s short run illustrates that Ororo is both asset and ally without reservation. Whether you personally find the stories boring or not, they paint a picture of a Storm that is valued, valuable and incomparable. She is actively pushing the narrative because her character is an important piece of the puzzle. Her place in that part of the MU is entirely hers and hers alone. That’s a supporting character. The most beautiful aspect that I see is while Storm is placed on a pedestal as the Hadari Yao, she still refuses to allow people define her place for her. She accepts that Wakandans of Alkamite have their beliefs and doesn’t quash them. She also doesn’t relinquish her power to their prophecies by calling herself the one true Hadari Yao of legend. I love every bit of it. The irony it induces is something else. Storm is kinda conflicted in a way. While we don’t hav one single instance of Storm adopting her new name, she doesn’t deny that her function in the universe is to bring balance. The way Coates writes his stories is poetic. I honestly don’t get how anyone could write a bigger love letter for Storm. She is a supporting character and he’s managed to carve out a place for her in the Black Panther books in a way that the X-men have not. I just get stitches when people bring up Storm’s goddess reveal as a meager attempt to satiate her vapid fans that just love feats and titles. Their ignorance sustains me. The story puts her on the next tier of anything we expected power wise, but Storm rejects it so she can relish her power as a woman in love with a man. This message of black love and understanding despite the complications or consequences is rejected because many are unaccustomed to it. I’m here for all of it.
    Same here and i couldn't have said it better myself. How many times have Storm fans insisted she needs a Rogue's gallery or powerful character to fight and here we have Coates already making the Adversary her adversary again. Setting up the Orisha's coming in and having god like power while Storm herself is starting to ascend. It is obvious there is a war coming between the Gods of Wakanda and storm is being set up as the bridge between the two and will bring balance to it. her number one thing in this is to protect Wakanda and it's king. You have an angry bast on the way with Galatic support who is going to find old gods setting up shop and the people of wakanda worshiping a godling in all respects. It's about to get real. I just hope Coates gets to play it all out. I haven't cared this much about Wakanda or Tchalla ever, i'm very invested in the entire set up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I don't think it's an issue since this is a storm thread too but it does make it look a little fake when storm fans claim black panther is great and other writers should follow and respect it when in fact if storm doesn't do something significant that those same people don't care.it makes it seem they still don't care about tchalla or bp or the overall story that Coates wrote but rather just how he writes storm and that's not how some present it or thennselved. It adds a falsity to their praise imo.
    This is pretty spot on imo. It’s hard to disagree with your assessment.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but who specifically has done that? who has said they are only reading it for storm yet profess to love tchalla? If you go back to what was stated none of that was said or even insinuated. now a better question would have been why people were saying the issue was boring or worth sitting out.
    I don’t think this quite applies to you. You appear to be a lot more knowledgeable about BP lore than the average Storm fan.
    I'm just answeing the question objectively. I come to this thread a lot and I've never seen as much excitement for coates writing as i do when storm specifically does something but then the same people aren't really promoting the work the same way when storm doesn't shine in it. Personally i didn't see this issue as boring. From a bp mythos stand point it shows how ingrained in BP Bast truly is and will always be. Which in of itself creates problems with tchalla being with a "new god"
    Pretty much. Again, I can’t find fault with the points you bring up.
    I'm probably the biggest tchalla/ororo here. a good story, regardless of if your face is there, is a good story. ororo didnt appear one time in hox but the story was engaging and damn good. and many people said that. the same has been true of black panther but this issue (issue 14) has read much like previous issues, at least imo. ut been shipped zooming in space shooting at each other and the plot really hasnt moved along outside of tchalla finally finding his family back in wakanda. I did like bast but this isnt something new, we saw this two or three issues ago. so I could understand people (BP fans included) finding this issue boring.
    Everything you said is valid. I understand your stance. I don’t think either of your positions cancels out the other.

BANNED

Chile please do!! I swear they should change her power set to just lightning as that is seriously all these writers ever show her doing. no flood creation, no wind or air manipulation, no plasma or radiation no heat or ice, no creativity at all. very over it, PERIOD.
    You do know that lightning is plasma, right?

BANNED

Same here and i couldn't have said it better myself. How many times have Storm fans insisted she needs a Rogue's gallery or powerful character to fight and here we have Coates already making the Adversary her adversary again. Setting up the Orisha's coming in and having god like power while Storm herself is starting to ascend. It is obvious there is a war coming between the Gods of Wakanda and storm is being set up as the bridge between the two and will bring balance to it. her number one thing in this is to protect Wakanda and it's king. You have an angry bast on the way with Galatic support who is going to find old gods setting up shop and the people of wakanda worshiping a godling in all respects. It's about to get real. I just hope Coates gets to play it all out. I haven't cared this much about Wakanda or Tchalla ever, i'm very invested in the entire set up.
    I’m right here with you. Storm has been reluctant to step into Bast’s place. The kicker is, just by operating the way she’s been, she is stepping on Bast’s toes. She and Storm have never really had a true love for one another, but they have a mutual understanding in their love for T’Challa. That’s where they agree and conflict. I think Storm has accepted that Bast is the other woman in T’Challa’s life. I don’t think Bast is ready to do the same. And now she has whole factions/villages allied under the idea of their new found goddess. There’s bound to be major tension. I wonder how BP manages to clear the air between his goddesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    You do know that lightning is plasma, right?
    I meant more how she applied it here:

unless you consider this attack to be lightning I think my initial point still stands (^_^)
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-01-2019 at 12:50 PM.

oh wow this was beautifully written and I 100% agree. what Coates has managed to do for Ororo has been ground shaking and development the character has not seen in ages. Just to be clear, though I thought the latest issue was boring I still wholeheartedly agree that the way in which Coates has been able to weave Ororo into the DNA of Wakanda in itself has been masterfully done. And done in a way I believe to respect the already established Wakandan mythos all while allowing other characters such as Tchalla, Shuri, and the Dora Milaje to thrive and grow as well. That said I'm kinda over the space wars stuff. I'm ready for Tchalla to make his triumphant return and be with his love.

You think there will be a war between the gods and Ororo? I really havent gotten the sense of that honestly especially seeing balance was restored to Wakanda all while Ororo was there. Remember ororo even asks is her work done now that everything was seemingly as it was before the Orishas disappeared. Now if you are stating something between Ororo and Bast that is something different; however, I wouldn't expect Bast to have issue with Ororo because she has already garnered Bast respect as we saw during Xmen World Apart.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-01-2019 at 12:50 PM.

You think there will be a war between the gods and Ororo? I really havent gotten the sense of that honestly especially seeing balance was restored to Wakanda all while Ororo was there. Remember ororo even asks is her work done now that everything was seemingly as it was before the Orishas disappeared. Now if you are stating something between Ororo and Bast that is something different; however, I wouldn't expect Bast to have issue with Ororo because she has already garnered Bast respect as we saw during Xmen World Apart.
    I don't think in that respect.

I think Storm will have to provide balance between the orisha and gods like bast putting her directly in the middle.
    I also think bast will defiintely have a problem coming home to wakanda and seeing Storm being praised as though she is the god of Wakanda and her people have forsaken her. So yes i do think that will create conflict.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This is pretty spot on imo. It’s hard to disagree with your assessment.

I don’t think this quite applies to you. You appear to be a lot more knowledgeable about BP lore than the average Storm fan.

Pretty much. Again, I can’t find fault with the points you bring up.

Everything you said is valid. I understand your stance. I don’t think either of your positions cancels out the other.
    I'm not as well versed as some but I most definitely have come to appreciate the richness that Wakanda has and i like that Coates is adding to that world including embedding Ororo as well.

And thank you. I've enjoyed this season (not as much as the last) but I'm just ready for something more than the space fight. I think this is all coming to an end next issue so we shall see how Coates chooses to resolve the story.

BANNED

I agree. fans of a character will pick up a book if their fave is in it. I dont see issue with that.

but you have never been a tchalla supporter. you've always made that known. that user was saying that storm fans were also supporters or BP. also the same wasnt true of windrider. I'm the only one the user could have been referring to which is why I asked where did anyone say that
    He was referring to everyone, not just you.

I gave a valid response.

I don't think in that respect.

I think Storm will have to provide balance between the orisha and gods like bast putting her directly in the middle.
    I also think bast will defiintely have a problem coming home to wakanda and seeing Storm being praised as though she is the god of Wakanda and her people have forsaken her. So yes i do think that will create conflict.
    that could potentially create conflict, which in think would be good, but bast is the one who abandoned her avatar. I dont think s good rearing has been explained why she left either. so I know she wouldnt do this or think to this degree but what did she expect. she left her people and a threat plagued their land (and not just adversary, in talking thanos, the dark order, Phoenix) and she was no where to be found.

his first season I thought was pretty good and this season hasn't been bad. the space stuff has just gone on for way too long in my opinion.
    Both volumes of his BP have been meandering fluff. The man can not write comics to save his life. Sales of the comic have dropped precipitously. 2016's #1 cleared over 253,259 riding on the goodwill of the MCU's Civil War debut. The most recent issue I have data for (June's BP #13) sold just over 21,000.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!