Page 273 of 662 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I would be so happy if we got some more aquatic Storm power portrayals what with her being out on the open ocean. Also hoping for large scale power showings that she couldn’t do in more populated areas. Those two along with some good inter-characterization will sell it for me. It’ll be especially interesting since there is a new heroine of The Philippines who is a hydrokinetic, to put there powers over the aquatic medium to test.
    I would be as well. I imagine we dont see more of these instances because she does spend so much time above water. I do that issue from X-treme where she manipulated the ocean water to surf on it(if you look closely she is controlling wave here too):

then of course what we saw in her solo:

its unfortunate that we dont get to see these creative uses but only her shooting lightning. I hope it changes.

also who is the new Filipino heroine you are talking about ?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-02-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Storm from Marvels Epilogue:

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would be as well. I imagine we dont see more of these instances because she does spend so much time above water. I do that issue from X-treme where she manipulated the ocean water to surf on it(if you look closely she is controlling wave here too):

then of course what we saw in her solo:

its unfortunate that we dont get to see these creative uses but only her shooting lightning. I hope it changes.

also who is the new Filipino heroine you are talking about ?
    Wasn’t the first panel of her “wind”-surfing by increasing the water surface tension and then using the winds to guide/propel her? Still a cool/fun moment for her though. And the new hero’s name is Wave. She was just introduced as a soon to be playable character on MFF. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Pearl_Pangan_(Earth-616)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's exactly what she was doing, Ororo101.
    When she creates a waterspout eg. she's applying external forces such as wind and pressure differentials on the "object" (water in this case).
    Personally, I've never seen her as true hydrokinetic in the way Mera is regarded...although it's safe to say she can produce the same effects as Mera, given the right applications.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-02-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Wasn’t the first panel of her “wind”-surfing by increasing the water surface tension and then using the winds to guide/propel her? Still a cool/fun moment for her though. And the new hero’s name is Wave. She was just introduced as a soon to be playable character on MFF. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Pearl_Pangan_(Earth-616)

it was never stated how she was executing the feat but if there was wind being used the artist would have drawn wind visibly as they did here:

There is no wind visibly shown in that scan and if the artist wanted to convey it was wind the artist would have shown that. Therefore I'm inclined to believe there was no wind being used in this feat.

And that's pretty cool. what is mff btw?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-02-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Wave , Aero and others are part of Pak's asian centric marvel team.. I really would love this done with Black heroes to show diasporic blackness. It seems like almost all older Black characters they were either from Africa( usually not a specific place) or NYC or Detroit or Chicago. I want to see Black characters from the south, I want to see them from the Caribbean,Black characters from Europe,Latin America, and we need more Afro Latinx characters that come from outside of the US.

i would love an issue with Storm, Bishop, Monet, Sunspot, CeCe Reyes, Oya, Prodigy, Frenzy(even thought Frenzy gives me Chicago, I would love if she was from Atlanta or Memphis),Shola(repowered), Hub(repowered), Blink(talking that shit with Monet) Triage, Hijack( in my head canon he is Blasian), and Decay.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Wave , Aero and others are part of Pak's asian centric marvel team.. I really would love this done with Black heroes to show diasporic blackness. It seems like almost all older Black characters they were either from Africa( usually not a specific place) or NYC or Detroit or Chicago. I want to see Black characters from the south, I want to see them from the Caribbean,Black characters from Europe,Latin America, and we need more Afro Latinx characters that come from outside of the US.

i would love an issue with Storm, Bishop, Monet, Sunspot, CeCe Reyes, Oya, Prodigy, Frenzy(even thought Frenzy gives me Chicago, I would love if she was from Atlanta or Memphis),Shola(repowered), Hub(repowered), Blink(talking that shit with Monet) Triage, Hijack( in my head canon he is Blasian), and Decay.
    Chile I would love it too BUT the last time an all black team was gathered there were charges of racism form some of the fandom. I'm specifically talking about black panther and the crew. some asserted the characters on the team didnt even have any history together and putting them together was racist.

but it your point it would be cool to see a team if black mutant heroes that originate from urban cities across America. that would be really cool.

Mighty Member

Chile I would love it too BUT the last time an all black team was gathered there were charges of racism form some of the fandom. I'm specifically talking about black panther and the crew. some asserted the characters on the team didnt even have any history together and putting them together was racist.

but it your point it would be cool to see a team if black mutant heroes that originate from urban cities across America. that would be really cool.
    Well if Pak gets to do it then a Black creator should be as well. They can kiss my entire ass complaining about fictional Black characters when they dont even know real flesh and blood Black people. Like we know Ev was from St. Louis( they really should have bought him back after the Mike Brown tragedy), David is from Chicago, but what about Triage, Decay, Cipher.. where are they from?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Well if Pak gets to do it then a Black creator should be as well. They can kiss my entire ass complaining about fictional Black characters when they dont even know real flesh and blood Black people. Like we know Ev was from St. Louis( they really should have bought him back after the Mike Brown tragedy), David is from Chicago, but what about Triage, Decay, Cipher.. where are they from?
    lmfao!!! hello and agreed. I'm not sure if you was an active poster when bp&c came out but baby let me tell you it was always someone that had something to say about ir being racist for some reason. I'm not familiar with some of the characters you listed. are the from the younger generation of mutants?

and I think it would be cool to have a team of black superheroes kinda like the justice league that fight together against crime that impacts America but specifically black America. it would be a cool book if written well.

Mighty Member

lmfao!!! hello and agreed. I'm not sure if you was an active poster when bp&c came out but baby let me tell you it was always someone that had something to say about ir being racist for some reason. I'm not familiar with some of the characters you listed. are the from the younger generation of mutants?

and I think it would be cool to have a team of black superheroes kinda like the justice league that fight together against crime that impacts America but specifically black America. it would be a cool book if written well.
    Yeah all of these characters are a few of the young Black mutants that we have had in the last 15 years or so. Its not many.. For a while we would get one or two every 4 to 5 years. Hopefully,Vita and few other Black creators get a X book in the second wave so we can get something lie this in the near future.

Speaking of Storm and Emma

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

GODDESS!!! Coipel's Storm is and forever will be GLORIOUS to behold! Amen!.

BANNED

Any, Storm News??? or sightings.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Alex Ross is a hero although I don't like the original costume; I'm probably too used to the revisions.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Speaking of Storm and Emma

Lol. I would pay good money to see Storm say that to Emma.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.