Page 280 of 662 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 9921
    BANNED

Battle dress

BANNED

OH OK...Yeah, that's not my Battle Dress i'd pick for Storm.

Why you call it a battle dress when its not a dress?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Um..Storm fans can be strange?
    (to answer Havok83's question)
    It's more a "Cape Unitard" but I guess "battle dress" sounds...cooler? More hip? More Fashion Savvy?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-07-2019 at 03:18 PM.

BANNED

I just saw Battle Dress. So, I was confused as to what is a Battle Dress. The answer I was given I wouldn't say that's Storms costume she would use if she wanted wreck shit.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The terminology escapes me as well. That's why I never refer to it as such. To me, it's just a Storm costume.
    (just like when her hair is long and full it's just long hair and not "Goddess Hair"...but...some of us do like to be "extra" and I mean that as a compliment).

BANNED

LOL true.
    But if Storm had to go down the list of ALL her costumes she has worn. I'd say this Costume is her Battle Costume:
    Attachment 85540

BANNED

Lol it’s referred to as the battle dress because her cape flows and functions much like a dress. The silhouette alone stands out because it matches no other costume she’s worn. That’s why some fans have dubbed it the battle dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes it does...when Storm is controlling and directing it...in this case to coincide with Scott's optic blast.
    The zig-zag of the image is just to emphasize that it's a lightning bolt. One big huge powerful forked lightning bolt (which is zig-zaggy in nature).
    Storm can make her lightning into a straight beam.
    Attachment 85548
    Attachment 85549

Though again, I'm willing to admit she can use her lightning to block physical attacks.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The terminology escapes me as well. That's why I never refer to it as such. To me, it's just a Storm costume.
    (just like when her hair is long and full it's just long hair and not "Goddess Hair"...but...some of us do like to be "extra" and I mean that as a compliment).
    When you orginal said Battle Dress my thoughts went right here. I thought..."Well alright, to each their own".

Attachment 85550
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

here's my battle dress:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL true.
    But if Storm had to go down the list of ALL her costumes she has worn. I'd say this Costume is her Battle Costume:
    Attachment 85540

I still LIIIIVE for war gown

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

We are in the Era of STORM!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Patrick Steward's Picard is already so close to Xavier that of course that worked. But Ororo is a much different character. There is no one in any movie or show that is Storm the way Picard is Xavier. Certainly not to that degree of pop cultural saturation. I see shades of Storm here and there(Anna Diop's Starfire, Umbrella Academy's The Rumor, Z Nation's Lt. Warren, for example), but not for real. Not all the way. So go ahead, Feige, bring us Ororo like we've never seen before!
    I agree. The MCU does much better casting even when they use fairly unknown characters. But the MCU has often cast major roles with big names. I would like to see Storm in Black Panther 2.

Storm is not just a mutant weather maniulator, she´s a warrior woman and a goddess. Get someone with the presence for the role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    There's a strong possibility that Storm may have been more at the forefront over the past few years had she been included in Morrison's take on the X-men. However, I wonder at what price? I think Morrison originally wanted Cyclops to cheat on Jean with Storm instead of Emma (although I could be wrong). I'm glad that never came to be and I hope it never does! Also, Storm may have never reunited with and then married T'Challa which would have been a shame for me since I love them as a couple.
    I doubt editorial ever would have allowed any writer to have Storm have an affair with Scott. Emma it made since, she was a villain, an outsider, etc so if fans really hated it nothing was lost.

Also there was rivalry and distrust between Jean and Emma in part because Emma helped Mastermind get to Jean.

Storm and Jean have been good friends, very close. Storm would never do that to Jean.