Page 282 of 662 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    man I would love to see ororo Multitask like this again:

I love when she's shown multi-tasking.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I love when she's shown multi-tasking.
    me too. I have a question have you read this exchange between magneto and ororo before?

Though I'm sure she would never change her decision to join the xmen, she gave up so much when she agreed to Xaviers proposal to join him in his fight for mutantkind.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

me too. I have a question have you read this exchange between magneto and ororo before?

Though I'm sure she would never change her decision to join the xmen, she gave up so much when she agreed to Xaviers proposal to join him in his fight for mutantkind.
    This is one of the meatiest discussions she's ever been part of. Her argument with Marisol seems like the logical progression of this talk with Magneto, no?

Though I am not yet fully clear on the current status quo of the X-Men I would love to see another in depth philosophical discussion between these 2. Imagine if she joined him at the beginning vs Xavier (meaning if Ororo subscribed to his frame of thinking on human/mutant relations after her first tastes of hatred).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Though I am not yet fully clear on the current status quo of the X-Men I would love to see another in depth philosophical discussion between these 2. Imagine if she joined him at the beginning vs Xavier (meaning if Ororo subscribed to his frame of thinking on human/mutant relations after her first tastes of hatred).
    That's just it. She didn't know hate like that until she joined the X-Men. That's not to say she's faced no hatred as a child. She did. I feel that her parents instilled a great sense of love in her before their passing. But if Storm decided that Magneto's philosophy was the right path for her, then Mr. Sinister and a lot of other people would be dead for sure. She may have even been the one to give Jean Grey that planetary sized stroke.

This is one of the meatiest discussions she's ever been part of. Her argument with Marisol seems like the logical progression of this talk with Magneto, no?
    hmmm you know what? at first I didn't get the point you were making to marisol but now I totally see what you are saying. what do you see Ororo truly doing if she was to embark on being a hero defined by her principles and standards versus taking on those she acquired through Xavier?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I would like to see this too, especially considering there is some potential Ororo's perspective towards may be more aligned to magnetos worldview seeing she is a resident of krakoa. what I'm most curious to see is her interaction with tchalla. clearly this new world is one that looks to isolate itself from humanity so how would he feel about this? honestly I just dont see ororo being truly behind such a nation as krakoa which makes me believe there might be so d kind of mind control going on.

That's just it. She didn't know hate like that until she joined the X-Men. That's not to say she's faced no hatred as a child. She did. I feel that her parents instilled a great sense of love in her before their passing. But if Storm decided that Magneto's philosophy was the right path for her, then Mr. Sinister and a lot of other people would be dead for sure. She may have even been the one to give Jean Grey that planetary sized stroke.
    I think it would depend on how he approached ororo. Xavier convinced her she was delusional in thinking she was a God. I think magneto would have approached her in the opposite direction. reinforcing the idea she was a God and using this to encourage her to be worshipped not just in her village but on a global level, emphasizing that humans were beneath her. appealing to her in this manner could have potentially sent her down the path of fighting against the xmen and doing exactly the things you mentioned lol.

So this brought up a thought. Did Storm's powerless phase interrupt her natrual power progression? Would her powers be on a higher level if her powers were never removed.

Also, Storm and Magneto are a good pairing.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would have to say no.
    Because
    1: When she regained her powers she was fully conversant in their use just as she was when they were stripped from her. It's not that she had to start from scratch and relearn everything.
    2: Her power development is fully dependent on her application and skill. It's not as though it will exponentially develop even when not in use.
    If anything, her time spent powerless could/should have honed her focus, strength and endurance even further so that she wielded her powers better.

They all on one island now so hey, we may get a good dialogue between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So this brought up a thought. Did Storm's powerless phase interrupt her natrual power progression? Would her powers be on a higher level if her powers were never removed.

Also, Storm and Magneto are a good pairing.
    hmm this is a good question. we first has to remember that though she didnt have the ability to use her powers at will, her powers were never removed. that said, it is possible that this disruption, as well as leaving the planet, did in ways inhibit her growth. we saw how her powers didnt respond as intended and it was only until she embraced the changes she was experiencing was she able to fully control her abilities.

I think also, any time her mind, body, and spirit is not in harmony her powers wont operate in the optimal fashion as it should. one could argue during this period of being "powerless" those three critical areas were not in harmony. so I would say yes to your question:

Storm didnt lose her powers for that long. Yes it went on for a few years publication time, but within the books it was several months, maybe a year at most. I dont think that significant stifled her. Its not like Jean whom had her TP cut off for more than a decade, which did stifle her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm didnt lose her powers for that long. Yes it went on for a few years publication time, but within the books it was several months, maybe a year at most. I dont think that significant stifled her. Its not like Jean whom had her TP cut off for more than a decade, which did stifle her
    it's not about how long but about the emotional toll it took on her. she went through a period of depression and even after she accepted the fact she was "powerless" it was still something she struggled with throughout that period. as the scan shown above states its critical that her mind body and spirit be in harmony for her abilities to function optimally .
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-09-2019 at 01:50 PM.

it's not about how long but about the emotional toll it took on her. she went through a period of depression and even after she accepted the fact she was "powerless" it was still something she struggled with throughout that period. as the scan shown above states its critical that her mind body and spirit be in harmony for her abilities to function optimally .
    But that was a LONG time ago. Storm has long gotten over that and any bump being powerless had on her, she's surpassed. I dont think it had a significant impact on her in the grand scheme of things, especially not with where she is at now.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You bring up another question. How long was she powerless? I feel like it was well over a year...though like u said it could have been real world time I'm thinking about.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.