Page 283 of 662 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But that was a LONG time ago. Storm has long gotten over that and any bump being powerless had on her, she's surpassed. I dont think it had a significant impact on her in the grand scheme of things, especially not with where she is at now.
    she went through her divorce, ivx, professor x death, etc. she has had a traumatizing time with the xmen. even coates touched upon this depression and self doubt in bp&c and in black psnther.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You bring up another question. How long was she powerless? I feel like it was well over a year...though like u said it could have been real world time I'm thinking about.
    I assumed it was just about a year. I guess a little more if we're gonna be generous. She lost her powers just before Maddie announced her pregnancy and she gained them back in X-Tinction Agenda. That was what, 1985-1990?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she went through her divorce, ivx, professor x death, etc. she has had a traumatizing time with the xmen. even coates touched upon this depression and self doubt in bp&c and in black psnther.
    but what does that have to do with her losing her powers and being depressed about not having access to them in the 80s?

I assumed it was just about a year. I guess a little more if we're gonna be generous. She lost her powers just before Maddie announced her pregnancy and she gained them back in X-Tinction Agenda. That was what, 1985-1990?

but what does that have to do with her losing her powers and being depressed about not having access to them in the 80s?
    for her powers to work optimally she has to be in total harmony (mind body spirit). for her powers to develop and grow as it should all these elements must be in tact. I'm making the argument that during periods where significant trauma impacts either of those elements could seriously impede the growth and connection to her power. we saw evidence of this when she left earth and after returning her powers were not functioning properly:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She lost her powers in UXM 185 (Sept 1984)
    She regained her powers in UXM 226 (Feb 1988) Fall Of The Mutants
    that's just about three and half years real time.

for her powers to work optimally she has to be in total harmony (mind body spirit). for her powers to develop and grow as it should all these elements must be in tact. I'm making the argument that during periods where significant trauma impacts either of those elements could seriously impede the growth and connection to her power. we saw evidence of this when she left earth and after returning her powers were not functioning properly:
    I think we are discussing two different things. I was responding to LordAllMighty's original question about her powerless phase interrupting her progression and if they would currently be higher had that never happened. Im specifically talking about that period from 1984-1988, not any other trauma or depression she's gone through at any other time. Would Storm be more powerful today had Forge not shot her? No, I dont think so

Thank you for that. Wow, much shorter. I dont know why I thought it was the X-tinction Agenda but you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She lost her powers in UXM 185 (Sept 1984)
    She regained her powers in UXM 226 (Feb 1988) Fall Of The Mutants
    that's just about three and half years real time.
    If the X-Men have only been around for around 10-13 years total, 3.5 years publication time should be between 6-9 months for the characters.

I don't think being powerless negatively affected her abilities. She didn't even loose them completely; they would occasionally flare up subconsciously. And when she did get them back, it was said she was back as good as ever, maybe even better.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously!

I think we are discussing two different things. I was responding to LordAllMighty's original question about her powerless phase interrupting her progression and if they would currently be higher had that never happened. Im specifically talking about that period from 1984-1988, not any other trauma or depression she's gone through at any other time. Would Storm be more powerful today had Forge not shot her? No, I dont think so

Thank you for that. Wow, much shorter. I dont know why I thought it was the X-tinction Agenda but you are right
    Yes I know. I was drawing other examples from canon when her emotional state was at flux impacted her powers and its abilities. we saw this in her solo where her powers were not functioning properly and we saw this after Logan died, specifically when she was hallucinating and Logan helped her fight through a cave in. but I guess after reevaluating the statements here and even going through my own recollection of events there is no real evidence her powers were stifled in any way from that exact period. many if not all of her limitations are self imposed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-09-2019 at 03:43 PM.

The Queen, excuse me, Goddess of shade:

The Queen, excuse me, Goddess of shade:

I swear to god this show is so freaking funny but CLASSIC and accurate!

Concerning HOX #6...I'm ready to see Goddess show OUT.
    I need some fire dialogue and showings from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I swear to god this show is so freaking funny but CLASSIC and accurate!

Concerning HOX #6...I'm ready to see Goddess show OUT.
    I need some fire dialogue and showings from her.
    have you seen the Jean is useless video???? its hilarious! but yes the show is such a classic.

what's going on in hox #6??

have you seen the Jean is useless video???? its hilarious! but yes the show is such a classic.

what's going on in hox #6??
    I was watching TAS videos all last night lmao

And her, Emma and Exodus on the cover look to be going to battle.

I was watching TAS videos all last night lmao

And her, Emma and Exodus on the cover look to be going to battle.
    where do you watch yours on? YouTube? I cant find the full vids anywhere anymore.

oh ok yea I forgot about that. yea im.readt for that too. I'm ready to see goddess storm as well. if not in that issue I'm very ready for coates to show goddess storm in action.

where do you watch yours on? YouTube? I cant find the full vids anywhere anymore.

oh ok yea I forgot about that. yea im.readt for that too. I'm ready to see goddess storm as well. if not in that issue I'm very ready for coates to show goddess storm in action.
    I'ma DM you!

I'ma DM you!
    you're are freaking best !!!!