Page 287 of 662 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Adversary doesn't have a realm he's more like a freelance type Demon. But i'm going by what has been stated as cannon by Marvel. And Adversary is not one of the most powerful Demons in the Marvel Universe he's not regarded as a Hell Lord. He's still powerful, but the Hell Lords as Marvel states them to be more of a threat.
    hell lord are simply demons that are native to the earth. there are other dimensions that reside in other dimensions or extra-terrestrial in nature. and adversary was a part of the devils advocacy:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    He reminds me a lot of DC's 5th Dimension Imp. Not saying he on their level just very mischievous and powerful.

All that power but can be hurt by metal. Wtf.
    Same with Proteus.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Same with Proteus.
    goes back to the whole demons being in marvel having a weakness against metal. I dont believe it to be a weakness only specific to him.

edit: its based around sorcery having a weakness against metal:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-12-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Roma was the guardian of the multiverse, that is a great feat within itself. She able to transport herself across dimensions and has the power to destroy the multiverse. Adversary being able to capture her is a testament to his power. Roma, from what I read on her wiki, has magical abilities that rival Merlin.

Nevertheless, you say there is nothing to back up the statement of her being able compare to cosmic deities is again further indication there isn't a log of information orc known information out there relating to this.
    Roma has no feats to back herself up with what you just said. You have nothing, but statements that can't be backed up to prove what you say is a fact. Put her in a battle or a conversation and I ask you to show me proof of Roma showing us her powers you claim that she has and you can't do so? Then she is not really all that powerful and serves more like a PIS character for a story.

BANNED

hell lord are simply demons that are native to the earth. there are other dimensions that reside in other dimensions or extra-terrestrial in nature. and adversary was a part of the devils advocacy:
    No, Hell Lords are Demons with absolute rule of their own Dimension and are able to corrupt Universes etc. Adversary being apart of the Demon Advocacy doesn't actually mean anything. He's just there. Marvel has a specific Group of Demons "Hell Lords" that are regarded as the most powerful Demons and major threats of the Marvel Universe. I don't see Adversary listed as one, that doesn't mean he isn't powerful. It just means he is not on the level as the Hell Lords as Marvel has stated.

Attachment 85687
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-12-2019 at 05:49 PM.

No, Hell Lords are Demons with absolute rule of their own Dimension and are able to corrupt Universes etc. Adversary being apart of the Demon Advocacy doesn't actually mean anything. He's just there. Marvel has a specific Group of Demons "Hell Lords" that are regarded as the most powerful Demons and major threats of the Marvel Universe. I don't see Adversary listed as one, that doesn't mean he isn't powerful. It just means he is not on the level as the Hell Lords as Marvel has stated.

Attachment 85687
    I'm sorry beloved but even marvel is stating the same thing about what the hell-lords are:

https://www.marvel.com/teams-and-groups/hell-lords

Following the Demogorge's massive battle with the Elder Gods, the remaining massive primeval energy concentration eventually gave rise to the second class of demons, shaped by the unconscious desire of their earliest human worshipers. Capitalizing on the eventual human belief in a single lord of evil, Satan (from the Hebrew word of adversary), each demon claimed to be that being and named their realms Hell.

Hell Lords are simply the earths realm of most powerful demons. This would not take into consideration demons from other dimensions or ones alien in nature.

On a side note, what is interesting if that Satan means Adversary, which was all created from the human belief in one single devil.

BANNED

I'm sorry beloved but even marvel is stating the same thing about what the hell-lords are:

Following the Demogorge's massive battle with the Elder Gods, the remaining massive primeval energy concentration eventually gave rise to the second class of demons, shaped by the unconscious desire of their earliest human worshipers. Capitalizing on the eventual human belief in a single lord of evil, Satan (from the Hebrew word of adversary), each demon claimed to be that being and named their realms Hell.

Hell Lords are simply the earths realm of most powerful demons. This would not take into consideration demons from other dimensions or ones alien in nature.

On a side note, what is interesting if that Satan means Adversary, which was all created from the human belief in one single devil.
    Ok, cool thank you for the clarification.

As for, Adversary he's still not one of them. He is powerful, but i'm not going to group him to be an omniversal threat.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-12-2019 at 06:21 PM.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Advesary was on a hell lords level or above it. Especially if it is stated that his very presence is essential for the fabric of the universe to develop and change. He may not be used enough to have the panel showings to compare with the hell lords but that doesn’t mean he is weaker than them.

Ok, cool thank you for the clarification.

As for, Adversary he's still not one of them. He is powerful, but i'm not going to group him to be an omniversal threat.
    you're welcome boo.

you're saying he is still not a hell lord I would agree. we dont know if he is of this world in origin or not. as I stated, we don't have enough information on him to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Advesary was on a hell lords level or above it. Especially if it is stated that his very presence is essential for the fabric of the universe to develop and change. He may not be used enough to have the panel showings to compare with the hell lords but that doesn’t mean he is weaker than them.
    100% agreed here. how have you been?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That’s basically what I’m saying yeah.

you're welcome boo.

you're saying he is still not a hell lord I would agree. we dont know if he is of this world in origin or not. as I stated, we don't have enough information on him to know.

100% agreed here. how have you been?
    Because he’s not used much.

That’s basically what I’m saying yeah.

Because he’s not used much.
    I thought you had mentioned he wasnt as powerful as the hell lord demons?

Personally, I don't think the Adversary is a Hell Lord. While he is a demon, he is not gathering souls or trying to turn people evil.

He is all about chaos...he is a Chaos Demon/Lord, who's only purpose is to destroy the order of the universe. Which put him in direct conflict with Storm a Goddess of Blanace.

Attachment 85699
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-13-2019 at 05:24 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

The bolded portion sounds eerily familiar to the path Coates has taken with Hadari Yao. These evil gods/Hell Lords exist because humans believe they exist. Or at least that’s where much of their power comes from. I like where this discussion is going.
    Personally, I don't think the Adversary is a Hell Lord. While he is a demon, he is not gathering souls or trying to turn people evil.

He is all about chaos...he is a Chaos Demon/Lord, who's only purpose is to destroy the order of the universe. Which put him in direct conflict with Storm a Goddess of Blanace.

Attachment 85699
    BOOM! They’ve pretty much been built to be polar opposites. I wouldn’t be surprised if The Adversary has gone up against Ayesha or any of the other women from her matrilineal line. There has to be more to the prophecy about the Hadari Yao. There has to be a reason why he came after her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    The bolded portion sounds eerily familiar to the path Coates has taken with Hadari Yao. These evil gods/Hell Lords exist because humans believe they exist. Or at least that’s where much of their power comes from. I like where this discussion is going.

BOOM! They’ve pretty much been built to be polar opposites.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if The Adversary has gone up against Ayesha or any of the other women from her matrilineal line. There has to be more to the prophecy about the Hadari Yao. There has to be a reason why he came after her.
    Where was it stated that The Adversary came after Ororo specifically?

Attachment 85699

Yes. He is about chaos and I am not sure if he is a hell lord or not. There are many things we dont know about him as he is a trickster by design. He mentioned in BP that he was a devourer of souls in BP, but was he being serious or honest? Who knows:

I am leaning towards him not being one as his importance within the universe seems to extend beyond just gathering souls.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

BOOM! They’ve pretty much been built to be polar opposites. I wouldn’t be surprised if The Adversary has gone up against Ayesha or any of the other women from her matrilineal line. There has to be more to the prophecy about the Hadari Yao. There has to be a reason why he came after her.
    Yes agreed to all of this TJ. Adversary has always known that Ororo was a threat and he was right to believe that. Coates ability to respect established canon is something that I greatly appreciate and wish this same care in storytelling was applied by other writers.