Page 31 of 662 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What MADNESS IS THIS!?!?!? I hope this isn't a Team book.

I'm going to hold on to hope and believe that Storm is NOT going to appear in this Mad House.
    it goes from the 90s to the present day stories so if it is her I hope it's not a botched appearance with another helping of the lightning lass chronicles.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Yes, itÂ’s definitely Storm on the cover.
    I don't see Storm on a cover. Don't even know what cover you're talking about.

Spectacular Member

I haven't read Storm in like 6 years till recently, but how is Storm and Tchalla now?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    **dead** lol

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    I haven't read Storm in like 6 years till recently, but how is Storm and Tchalla now?
    they are in an interesting place. they recently rekindled their romance but shortly after mysteriously tchalla was transported to a future space some 2000 plus years in the future. he loses his all of his memory with exception of one. he still sees ororo but only as a vague memory in his as a dream. he met another woman who he has fallen for but the remaining memory he has of his old life of ororo prevents him from fully exploring this relationship with niNakia.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

EXACTLY. Who is that random Black Lady??? I have no clue.

EXACTLY. Who is that random Black Lady??? I have no clue.
    Come now, of course you know who it is.

It's obviously Sharon King aka Drizzle with a new hairstlye. Don't you remember her?

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

What's wrong with Storm being in the book? Does Rob liefeld dislike her or something?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    **dead** lol

they are in an interesting place. they recently rekindled their romance but shortly after mysteriously tchalla was transported to a future space some 2000 plus years in the future. he loses his all of his memory with exception of one. he still sees ororo but only as a vague memory in his as a dream. he met another woman who he has fallen for but the remaining memory he has of his old life of ororo prevents him from fully exploring this relationship with niNakia.
    Doesnt Nakia turn him down? He was good to go. Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    What's wrong with Storm being in the book? Does Rob liefeld dislike her or something?
    The problem is that every time a New or Old writer comes along that has never written Storm and they decide to ADD Storm into their Story they make her completely incompetent and out of character. We do not Dislike the Writer it's that we are not sure HOW well this writer knows Storm and would treat her character with respect and KNOWS his source material.

If he doesn't know her then we'll get another Lightning Lass and a inconsistent Storm. -_- We don't need anymore inconsistent Storm.

The problem is that every time a New or Old writer comes along that has never written Storm and they decide to ADD Storm into their Story they make her completely incompetent and out of character. We do not Dislike the Writer it's that we are not sure HOW well this writer knows Storm and would treat her character with respect and KNOWS his source material.

If he doesn't know her then we'll get another Lightning Lass and a inconsistent Storm. -_- We don't need anymore inconsistent Storm.
    It has my interest piqued. I dont recall an issue (outside of maybe NM X-Tinction Agenda) where Liefield may have written Storm to get a feel for his take on her. I thinkWhilce Portacio/Byrne had a decent run with her capable confident leader, decent to good characterization and creative with her powers (i think the pressure dome happend under his time over the Gold UXM team).

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshcanPre...91193218957312

Fellow Storm fans - let’s support our warrior queen for the win in this poll (Favorite leader of the X-Men)!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    It has my interest piqued. I dont recall an issue (outside of maybe NM X-Tinction Agenda) where Liefield may have written Storm to get a feel for his take on her. I thinkWhilce Portacio/Byrne had a decent run with her capable confident leader, decent to good characterization and creative with her powers (i think the pressure dome happend under his time over the Gold UXM team).
    Oh, sorry but the Byrne/Portaccio run was a major reason I grew out of touch with Storm, it made her aloof, almost uncaring. I didn't recognize her.
    And I must admit I didn't like the Jim Lee costume as well, it made her look like an X-general, reinforcing this idea of a cold and stern leader. And too much clothes she couldn't even breathe.

The Jim Lee costume is always the first "look" for Storm whenever I think about her. It's not my fav, but it was the costume she wore when I first started getting into Storm. And with the 90s cartoon it kinda just solidified itself as her most iconic look to me.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The Jim Lee costume is always the first "look" for Storm whenever I think about her. It's not my fav, but it was the costume she wore when I first started getting into Storm. And with the 90s cartoon it kinda just solidified itself as her most iconic look to me.

I understand. You grew up with this image of Storm in your memory, for me I met Storm at the beginning of the Claremont/Byrne era and I grew up with this image of Storm in my head:
    Attachment 77251
    The cloak, the tiara, everything for me is regal and powerful. I like she shows skin just because she doesn't care, she will never get a cold even in the middle of winter. It's so iconic that a lot of Storm's costumes are reminiscent of this one. I did like the Punk attire because it made sense with the story, but the mohawk was a little too much for me.

And always remember that with the 90's costume she would have drowned in Arcade's Murderworld!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I understand. You grew up with this image of Storm in your memory, for me I met Storm at the beginning of the Claremont/Byrne era and I grew up with this image of Storm in my head:
    Attachment 77251
    The cloak, the tiara, everything for me is regal and powerful. I like she shows skin just because she doesn't care, she will never get a cold even in the middle of winter. It's so iconic that a lot of Storm's costumes are reminiscent of this one. I did like the Punk attire because it made sense with the story, but the mohawk was a little too much for me.

And always remember that with the 90's costume she would have drowned in Arcade's Murderworld!
    I certainly prefer this look to her 90s costume. Like you, I feel like this look commands respect and works perfectly for Storm and her personality. The tiara is like the icing on the cake.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!