Page 315 of 662 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think this is the first time I've seen it stated where ororo could control earth metal. Also why havent we seen her shoot lasers from the sky yet??? I'm ready for this:

We have not seen her do that because she’s not in another Dimension where the Weather is different. She’s mainly always on Earth. So, shooting laser from the Sky is not an Earth bound weather phenomenon.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    We have not seen her do that because she’s not in another Dimension where the Weather is different. She’s mainly always on Earth. So, shooting laser from the Sky is not an Earth bound weather phenomenon.
    shes done the latter before before she was even an xman with the help of beast:

and if she couldnt control the actual earth elements regardless of the weather aspect she still shouldnt be able to create calcium arrows via precipitation. how else would she be able to call down calcium arrows if she had not the ability to control this element to some degree?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-27-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

What title and issue is that page from?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    What title and issue is that page from?
    I'm not sure which issue you arefernceing but the first one is from her titled mini (issue 2) and the last one is from xmen: hidden years (issue 7).
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

and if she couldnt control the actual earth elements regardless of the weather aspect she still shouldnt be able to create calcium arrows via precipitation. how else would she be able to call down calcium arrows if she had not the ability to control this element to some degree?
    Please shut it down! Storm doesn't do these things because many writers still believe if there is no "weather" then she can't use her powers. Here she's using wind and water to bend light. She should technically be able to replicate Sue Storm's invisibility by bending light around her body. There is so much more that she's capable of with mimicking Magneto's power as well. They really ain't ready, but don't YOU stop telling the truth. Moving forward I want more of Ororo's interactions with T'Challa to be like the exchange between her and Beast. I want to see how creative she can really be.
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 08-27-2019 at 09:38 PM.

BANNED

If you are talking about Summoning Ruby Quartz Lasers from the Sky that she cannot do. That is not a Phenomenon that exist on Earth. Therefore Storm can’t make that happen. Which is why it’s stated that the environment Storm was in is not the same as Earth. What Beast told Storm to do in the scan while it may be the same thing. The results are completely different.

The ONLY laser that would come close(and I think that’s what your talking about ) would be like a Solar Beam. Coming directly from the Sun. But creating Ruby Lasers from the Sky like she did in that 1st scan that isn’t likely.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-27-2019 at 09:34 PM.

BANNED

I'm not sure which issue you arefernceing but the first one is from her titled mini (issue 2) and the last one is from xmen: hidden years (issue 7).
    X-Men: Hidden Years #7, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Please shut it down! Storm doesn't do these things because many writers still believe if there is no "weather" then she can't use her powers. Here she's using wind and water to bend light. She should technically be able to replicate Sue Storm's invisibility by bending light around her body. There is so much more that she's capable of with mimicking Magneto's power as well. They really ain't ready, but don't YOU stop telling the truth. Moving forward I want more of Ororo's interactions with T'Challa to be like the exchange between her and Beast. I want to see how creative she can really be.

preach!! writers have been actively trying to rewrite the fashion in which her abilities have been described for it seems quite a while but the whole no weather thing is a poor excuse to limit canonically what she can do. as you said, as an energy manipulator who has controlled radiation, there shouldnt be any reason why she shouldnt be able to control light as it is a form of energy. and I would love for tchalla to help her explore other uses to her powers. excellent idea my friend. also, I. ready for BP tomorrow. ahh!!!

If you are talking about Summoning Ruby Quartz Lasers from the Sky that she cannot do. That is not a Phenomenon that exist on Earth. Therefore Storm can’t make that happen. Which is why it’s stated that the environment Storm was in is not the same as Earth. What Beast told Storm to do in the scan while it may be the same thing. The results are completely different.

The ONLY laser that would come close(and I think that’s what your talking about ) would be like a Solar Beam. Coming directly from the Sun. But creating Ruby Lasers from the Sky like she did in that 1st scan that isn’t likely.
    that's exactly what I was talking about beloved, her creating lasers via sunlight. the intensity of that beam was controlled due to the shape in which she formed it. she could reshape the lens enabling it to be deadly akin to a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    X-Men: Hidden Years #7, thanks!
    you're very welcome

I remember back in the day using that very scan to prove Storm could control water. Good times.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I remember back in the day using that very scan to prove Storm could control water. Good times.
    were people arguing that she coouldnt control water??? seriously?

were people arguing that she coouldnt control water??? seriously?
    Yes. It was a hard road. I would say "She can control clouds and they're mostly water" and people would say "She controls them with wind". It was an uphill battle on message board back then.

For every good Storm debate I had...I always had to deal with Storm haters and Storm's zealot fans saying crazy stuff.

I also used this as proof...Attachment 86257
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

I KNOW Gerry Duggan is great in writing a Big Cast. Again his Uncanny Avengers run was fantastic.

HOWEVER, I won't lie. That Panel of Storm getting Drop-Kicked in the Air makes me a bit upset.

Why is Storm the ONLY 1 getting hurt. Why is Storm that's the one getting Kicked? Why isn't none of the rest of them getting kicked? It's irritating, but I know there is more to the story and more panels to the story. It's just REALLY? The ONLY thing you want us to get excited about the book and you show a panel of some peoples favorite hero getting Kicked to the Stomach in Air........-_-

Gerry Duggan is going to need to do better than that. I know this seems mmmm let's call it Nit Picking. But I think this is a good cause for me to Nit Pick...and I really don't Nit Pick at all.
    Lmao I found that panel to be funny just based on the juxtaposition of it all I don't take it as a personal offense lol there will be plenty of times where every team member gets hurt.

Marvel is definitely setting Storm up in a big way. She's the only X-man besides Apoc to get her own page in marvel comics 1000. 11 years ago in marvel time she is saving a little girl who is out at sea alone in a boat. The girl drew a pretty good picture of Storm saving her but the nurses asked about the "angel" not recognizing her. Meaning Storm has only been known about in the marvel universe for 11 years and the X-men also formed around that time it looks like as a few pages later you see her again with the x-men.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Marvel is definitely setting Storm up in a big way. She's the only X-man besides Apoc to get her own page in marvel comics 1000. 11 years ago in marvel time she is saving a little girl who is out at sea alone in a boat. The girl drew a pretty good picture of Storm saving her but the nurses asked about the "angel" not recognizing her. Meaning Storm has only been known about in the marvel universe for 11 years and the X-men also formed around that time it looks like as a few pages later you see her again with the x-men.
    Honestly, I do feel this in a way. There's that variant somewhere in this page where she's also centered and huge.

But anyway, there's so much in the character that they know they can work with. She has the iconic character design and powers. Yet Fox never saw that and went for all the next basic white ass they can see and ignore her. Disney has been pushing so much about diversity, you bet your ass Storm is gonna play a big role in that.