Page 316 of 662 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yes. It was a hard road. I would say "She can control clouds and they're mostly water" and people would say "She controls them with wind". It was an uphill battle on message board back then.

For every good Storm debate I had...I always had to deal with Storm haters and Storm's zealot fans saying crazy stuff.

I also used this as proof...Attachment 86257
    omg !?! people love under-rating this character. I'm glad you posted that because I was going to say she was creating water and flash floods early in her role as an xmen. but to your point about the zealots what did they say? were they not right? I mean she is a God and an omega the possibilities with her now are endless.

Ok Babies. Today was a pretty solid Storm day. Black panther reinforced the passion and love that Ororo and Tchalla have for one another. The art also was beautifully drawn. There were certain panels were Acuna Ororo was simply exquisite. Dont want to spoil it much but it was great seeing Ororo back in the arms of Tchalla. My hope is that Tchalla can work through whatever internal struggles he is dealing with regarding his time in the future. He seems deeply troubled and concerned for the people he left behind in future wakanda.

As Jwatson stated, the 1000 issue with Ororo was also short but very sweet. Jen Bartel once again draws her beautifully and we get to see the goddess do what she does best: be a hero to those who need help regardless of if they are human or mutant. How the little girl described how she was saved through a drawing almost seemed as if she was saved by an angel or God. I'm sure the detectives were mystified and in disbelief of the girl's story. overall a great day for ororo fans!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg !?! people love under-rating this character. I'm glad you posted that because I was going to say she was creating water and flash floods early in her role as an xmen. but to your point about the zealots what did they say? were they not right? I mean she is a God and an omega the possibilities with her now are endless.

Ok Babies. Today was a pretty solid Storm day. Black panther reinforced the passion and love that Ororo and Tchalla have for one another. The art also was beautifully drawn. There were certain panels were Acuna Ororo was simply exquisite. Dont want to spoil it much but it was great seeing Ororo back in the arms of Tchalla. My hope is that Tchalla can work through whatever internal struggles he is dealing with regarding his time in the future. He seems deeply troubled and concerned for the people he left behind in future wakanda.

As Jwatson stated, the 1000 issue with Ororo was also short but very sweet. Jen Bartel once again draws her beautifully and we get to see the goddess do what she does best: be a hero to those who need help regardless of if they are human or mutant. How the little girl described how she was saved through a drawing almost seemed as if she was saved by an angel or God. I'm sure the detectives were mystified and in disbelief of the girl's story. overall a great day for ororo fans!
    spoilers:
    The empire is in the present. Tchalla went approx ten years into the past and appears to have returned while Secret Empire is going on.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Black Panther #15- I thought was boring and Storm was just a sex symbol for that issue.

HoX#3- It was Ok. My only favorite part was Emma Frost scene she was a boss. After that everything else was a bit flat.

Marvel 1000- Was Good. The Art was beautiful as always not a lot of Dialogue in it, but it was a beautiful Nod.

Storm’s feature today in comics was Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:
    The empire is in the present. Tchalla went approx ten years into the past and appears to have returned while Secret Empire is going on.
    end of spoilers
    I'm not sure I agree this is whilw secret empire is happening. did ororo have her red outfit during secret empire or whatever that is?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Black Panther #15- I thought was boring and Storm was just a sex symbol for that issue.

HoX#3- It was Ok. My only favorite part was Emma Frost scene she was a boss. After that everything else was a bit flat.

Marvel 1000- Was Good. The Art was beautiful as always not a lot of Dialogue in it, but it was a beautiful Nod.

Storm’s feature today in comics was Ok.
    can you explain how you thought she was just a sex symbol?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm not sure I agree this is whilw secret empire is happening. did ororo have her red outfit during secret empire or whatever that is?

I can explain how i thought she was. She barely got any conversation with Tchalla and the way the book flowed for me it came off like they saw each other, had sex, he thinking in the middle of the night of the galatic empire but to me my first thought was is he thinking of nakia. which the argument could easily be made either way imo. Then their conversation for the most part was fluff and it wasn't very back and forth, Storm was literally there this issue for sex and to be a sounding board for Tchalla. Proably my least fave issue of coates BP comics so far and it was more the subtle moments in it than the story itself

OH and Storm look stunning in this issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

What she is wearing is the least important reference to the timeline. Shuri mentions Hydra and Tchalla was present for SE and Tchalla is in Coates Captain America which is after SE.

Only other option is for it to be a political dig at Trump. But that's just wasted dialogue.

BANNED

Jwatson just said for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can explain how i thought she was. She barely got any conversation with Tchalla and the way the book flowed for me it came off like they saw each other, had sex, he thinking in the middle of the night of the galatic empire but to me my first thought was is he thinking of nakia. which the argument could easily be made either way imo. Then their conversation for the most part was fluff and it wasn't very back and forth, Storm was literally there this issue for sex and to be a sounding board for Tchalla. Proably my least fave issue of coates BP comics so far and it was more the subtle moments in it than the story itself

Damn It you beat me too it. I agree with these reasons.

For me. Her only reason showing up is literally because she was Horny and missed him. Sure he was gone for a longtime, but her main purpose in today’s comic of BP was for sexual release for T’Challa. If that were the case I rather Storm not appeared at all in today’s issue. She didn’t have much Dialogue either.
    That’s why it was a waste.

What she is wearing is the least important reference to the timeline. Shuri mentions Hydra and Tchalla was present for SE and Tchalla is in Coates Captain America which is after SE.

Only other option is for it to be a political dig at Trump. But that's just wasted dialogue.
    no its very important in establishing where exactly we are in the marvel timeline that statement about thugs potentially mean anything. I'm not saying you are wrong, your analysts is possible, but I'm not certain that is exactly what is meant there.

no its very important in establishing where exactly we are in the marvel timeline that statement about thugs potentially mean anything. I'm not saying you are wrong, your analysts is possible, but I'm not certain that is exactly what is meant there.
    She says "ruled" by villians and thugs and mentions Hydra in the same statement.

If Im wrong, its bad writing. Lol

the fact that two people in a relationship who havent seen each other in years (for tchalla) would be itching to be intimate doesnt in any way sound negative as I think you hsve concluded. sex is a form of physical expression of love. there also was meaningful dialogue between them. ororo could see that he was troubled by leaving the wakandans in the future and he expressed that he would want to go back to save them. also it was explained why ororo wasnt there upon his arrival as she was doing xmen stuff. what Aaron did with Logan and ororo was her being reduced to sex. what Coates did was show the result of what distance and time when two people are passionately in love.

also tchalla thinking of the people he left that were still enslaved sounds very much in character. him being troubled by that is something I expect even ororo would felt the same, which is why I believe she understood his feeling in the regard.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-28-2019 at 09:24 AM.

the fact that two people in a relationship who havent seen each other in years (for tchalla) would be itching to be intimate doesnt in any way sound negative as I think you hsve concluded. sex is a form of physical expression of love. there also was meaningful dialogue between them. ororo could see that he was troubled by leaving the wakandans in the future and he expressed that he would want to go back to save them. also it was explained why ororo wasnt there upon his arrival as she was doing xmen stuff. what Aaron did with Logan and ororo was her being reduced to sex. what Coates did was show the result of what distance and time when two people are passionately in love.
    Yeah usually i see the bright side but i just didn't see that here. The talk of it feeling like a past life. The longing looks to Nakia. It all felt like responsibility is the reason he came back and it also feels like Nakia is part of the reason he is looking forward to going back. That's not a bad thing per say and overall the story was still good but it felt like a clear shift happened here for me and i'm interested to see where it goes but this isn't the same level of intimacy Coates has shown with Storm/Tchalla in the past imho. And i would have expected more being that they didn't see each other in so long. But if it was really that passionate why couldn't he feel comfortable and safe in the arms of the woman he loves for one night.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Jwatson just said for me.

Damn It you beat me too it. I agree with these reasons.

For me. Her only reason showing up is literally because she was Horny and missed him. Sure he was gone for a longtime, but her main purpose in today’s comic of BP was for sexual release for T’Challa. If that were the case I rather Storm not appeared at all in today’s issue. She didn’t have much Dialogue either.
    That’s why it was a waste.
    yea I disagreed with jwatson analysis. as i told them, if you in loving relationship and sex is involved and you havent seen your lover in years (5 years for tchalla) if he didnt want to bang I I would think something was wrong.

She says "ruled" by villians and thugs and mentions Hydra in the same statement.

If Im wrong, its bad writing. Lol
    ok that's fair. the only thing I was wanting to confirm was the outfit. like I said not saying you were wrong but wasnt sure.

Yeah usually i see the bright side but i just didn't see that here. The talk of it feeling like a past life. The longing looks to Nakia. It all felt like responsibility is the reason he came back and it also feels like Nakia is part of the reason he is looking forward to going back. That's not a bad thing per say and overall the story was still good but it felt like a clear shift happened here for me and i'm interested to see where it goes but this isn't the same level of intimacy Coates has shown with Storm/Tchalla in the past imho. And i would have expected more being that they didn't see each other in so long. But if it was really that passionate why couldn't he feel comfortable and safe in the arms of the woman he loves for one night.
    can you blame him though? I'm not for the nakia bs either. ororo has sacrificed so much to be with him but we cannot ignore what has happened. Tchalla was with Nakia and grew a fondness for her over a period of 5 years. Even then, he never entertained her. So that aching to be with Ororo in the most intimate way - physically - I think was appropriate and if it didnt happen it would give me more concern that he really is looking to be with Nakia. I would agree we have to wait to see how this progresses but Coates has called Ororo/Tchalla his favorite couple. I'm not inclined to believe just yet he built them up to have him ditch her for another woman.

And I think tchalla thinking of others and their plight is just what a king and hero would don How can he feel comfortable in his home and bed knowing he left so many people to endure oppression by something that is an extension of him?

yea I disagreed with jwatson analysis. as i told them, if you in loving relationship and sex is involved and you havent seen your lover in years (5 years for tchalla) if he didnt want to bang I I would think something was wrong.

ok that's fair. the only thing I was wanting to confirm was the outfit. like I said not saying you were wrong but wasnt sure.
    I gave it an 8/10, but if it not during or around SE and just a political dig, I got to give it a 7. The planetary shield isn't up so that's incosistant. There's no reason for Shuri to bring up Hydra considering Tchalla was in the event and she wasn't. And then it said another golden age of peace, but then War of Realms needs to happen which Tchalla was also present for so thats a wasted statement. So either inconsistent art or bad writing. Lol

I gave it an 8/10, but if it not during or around SE and just a political dig, I got to give it a 7. The planetary shield isn't up so that's incosistant. There's no reason for Shuri to bring up Hydra considering Tchalla was in the event and she wasn't. And then it said another golden age of peace, but then War of Realms needs to happen which Tchalla was also present for so thats a wasted statement. So either inconsistent art or bad writing. Lol
    wait explain to me the secret empire again. were the shields up during secret empire? because if so that wouldnt make sense because their were not any shields up. I just dont know enough about that story to know for sure what we should expect to on earth and in wakanda. also if this was occurring during this period would shuri and tchalla be working to stop this threat?