Page 318 of 662 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I HOPE SO.

Storm needs a NEW Love interest. This Stoirm/T'Challa to me is Old -_-
    Given the story hickman is doing it's a real possibility though if not romatically connected i do hope she keeps her place in the wakandan mythos but even without that she is still an African Goddess to many villages. For all ntents and purposes despite what most people think this is definitely a reboot for the x-men and two things have already happened in this story. Tchalla has been aged up somewhat more as he did live years in the past and it was mentioned Storm wasn't there for his return because she chose to go to the x-men. Which makes her not so innocent the grand scheme of things. She knew Tchalla was coming home, she hadn't seen him in awhile but rather than stay and see him first she left to handle x-men business and then come back. Showing she has priorities over Tchalla. Something Coates hasn't really leaned in on at all yet.

IF House of X ends with krakoa being what it is it can also creates problems. Storm is an American Citizen, A Kenyan Princess, a citizen of KAroka, where does wakanda fit on that list and how do they react to it. I would love to see storm reclaming her people lands in kenya in placing a karoka habitat seed there.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You and I are on the same page. Storm has shown up in every single issue in some way. Whether it was actually her in Wakanda or her face constantly appearing in his dreams, she's there. In those instances she was literally the personification of his idea of home. While thinking of Shuri, Ramonda and Wakanda, Ororo's face is what kept him firmly planted to that reality. She reached him in place where only Bast could. This story and the one before it play on the idea of invoking the names of gods or their names. It says something that he remembered her face above everything else.

As far as Storm being her solely as a sex symbol I question whether this is the first issue of the story they've read? Not only has Storm been in Wakanda damn near all of Shuri's solo (which ran concurrently), her presence could be felt in the background since he went into space. Right before he left for his adventure, Storm made it clear that despite their titles, they are choosing to live their lives as a man and woman in love with one another. The first time they're shown in a hotel room together they are getting dressed. That means that at some point their clothes were off together because they're both seen dressing. Just thought I'd throw that out there. While we're on the subject... it's also worth noting that the image of Storm that clouded his thoughts was of her lying next to him. Why wouldn't he seek to make that vision a reality as soon as possible? Why wouldn't Ororo seek to give herself to the man that she loves so deeply? They've both been denied the other's affectionate and intimate embrace.

Now as to his complicated feelings? They're a mixture and I'm sure Storm kinda understands it. While she represents home for him, she also reminds him of the weight of the crown. The life with Nakia and the Maroons calls to him in the same way his adventures in Hell's Kitchen. Storm can totally understand that with the way she cuts loose with Yukio. All in all, I really enjoyed this issue. Storm is still his moral compass and she reads him like a book.
    None of what you said is wrong but in all actuality lately Storm has been creating a connection with Wakanda and it's inhabitants, not it's king. This whole arc has been about Tchalla living another life and the bonds Storm has with Wakanda beyond him. I could also see it as some sort of movie synergy. People are expecting Storm to show up in BP 2 as a love interest but what if it's as something entirely different.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Given the story hickman is doing it's a real possibility though if not romatically connected i do hope she keeps her place in the wakandan mythos but even without that she is still an African Goddess to many villages. For all ntents and purposes despite what most people think this is definitely a reboot for the x-men and two things have already happened in this story. Tchalla has been aged up somewhat more as he did live years in the past and it was mentioned Storm wasn't there for his return because she chose to go to the x-men. Which makes her not so innocent the grand scheme of things. She knew Tchalla was coming home, she hadn't seen him in awhile but rather than stay and see him first she left to handle x-men business and then come back. Showing she has priorities over Tchalla. Something Coates hasn't really leaned in on at all yet.

IF House of X ends with krakoa being what it is it can also creates problems. Storm is an American Citizen, A Kenyan Princess, a citizen of KAroka, where does wakanda fit on that list and how do they react to it. I would love to see storm reclaming her people lands in kenya in placing a karoka habitat seed there.
    I can see that happening really. I don't mind Storm being in the Wakandan Mythos and African Lore, but it just feels like as of NOW. Storm is needed elsewhere and with the X-Men apparently.

But for the most part I agree.

Duggan interview from fall previewsAttachment 86287
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-28-2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: changed the image
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

huh. the theory that shes gonna play a diplomatic role post hox is getting more and more likely

Hickman says that X-Men #1 will be one and done stories with a rotating cast. He said the first issue is big action with Cyclops, Storm, Magneto and Polaris!

BANNED

Yeah, I saw that. Makes me go back to that cover of HoX #6 of Storm, Emma and Exodus what seems like talking to a large group of people. Maybe this is what Gerry is talking about. But Who knows. I'm interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Hickman says that X-Men #1 will be one and done stories with a rotating cast. He said the first issue is big action with Cyclops, Storm, Magneto and Polaris!
    OH REALLY??? Hmm that's very interesting.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I HOPE SO.

Storm needs a NEW Love interest. This Storm/T'Challa to me is Old -_-
    Me too.
    I agree completely. (though, I don't think she needs any new love interests just yet).
    I'm over and done with that relationship. Not that it wasn't promising but...with everything happening in HoX and with DoX starting it really feels stale and "Old"
    The love and friendship may still exist but it's time for them to let each other go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Me too.
    I agree completely. (though, I don't think she needs any new love interests just yet).
    I'm over and done with that relationship. Not that it wasn't promising but...with everything happening in HoX and with DoX starting it really feels stale and "Old"
    The love and friendship may still exist but it's time for them to let each other go.
    I agree.
    I just want something fresh and New.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

baby yes! the sensual eyes and smile, the flirty "I'm not your sister" statement. Ororo came to slay in that bedroom and she did lol. I'm sure if you had a boo you hadnt seen in years and you reconnected, wouldn't you want to get it in? hell maybe I'm just a lil freak but based on some of the comments I've seen up in here I Know I'm not the only one
    Yo this is wild, I can't believe I'm about to agree with you on something

Years? like a week and that is the first thing that happens once the kiddos fall asleep lol. Hell, put the kids down early that night.

Really confused why this is the "breaking point" in here in regards to the relationship. So T'challa can confide in her about everything, support and praise her to the point she becomes a damn god of Wakanda... but naw... don't bang! That's too far! Now it is no longer fresh and y'all will just praise the new thing when she isn't even doing anything in those books?

I don't even care for the damn pairing, but it is a rather strong indication where T'challa's love is when he's been gone 5 damn years (for him) and the first thing he wants is Storm. Even with a new (better lol) chick right there with him when he went through hell and war... it was Storm in his mind that stopped him from going any farther. 5 YEARS! Comic characters usually bounce within a month in comic time (**coughtwolverineandstormcough***) and T'challa went FIVE YEARS and still faithful, can't get her out of his mind.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-28-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You and I are on the same page. Storm has shown up in every single issue in some way. Whether it was actually her in Wakanda or her face constantly appearing in his dreams, she's there. In those instances she was literally the personification of his idea of home. While thinking of Shuri, Ramonda and Wakanda, Ororo's face is what kept him firmly planted to that reality. She reached him in place where only Bast could. This story and the one before it play on the idea of invoking the names of gods or their names. It says something that he remembered her face above everything else.

As far as Storm being her solely as a sex symbol I question whether this is the first issue of the story they've read? Not only has Storm been in Wakanda damn near all of Shuri's solo (which ran concurrently), her presence could be felt in the background since he went into space. Right before he left for his adventure, Storm made it clear that despite their titles, they are choosing to live their lives as a man and woman in love with one another. The first time they're shown in a hotel room together they are getting dressed. That means that at some point their clothes were off together because they're both seen dressing. Just thought I'd throw that out there. While we're on the subject... it's also worth noting that the image of Storm that clouded his thoughts was of her lying next to him. Why wouldn't he seek to make that vision a reality as soon as possible? Why wouldn't Ororo seek to give herself to the man that she loves so deeply? They've both been denied the other's affectionate and intimate embrace.

Now as to his complicated feelings? They're a mixture and I'm sure Storm kinda understands it. While she represents home for him, she also reminds him of the weight of the crown. The life with Nakia and the Maroons calls to him in the same way his adventures in Hell's Kitchen. Storm can totally understand that with the way she cuts loose with Yukio. All in all, I really enjoyed this issue. Storm is still his moral compass and she reads him like a book.
    Yes someone finally gets it. Your analysis is spot on. It was Ororo and his longing for her that didn't fully allow for him to lose himself in the false reality implanted into his consciousness by the future wakandans. Her presence has been the symbolic lighthouse that kept him from drifting further and further into the false reality he was living.

Your second paragraph is spot on as well. What is wrong with Ororo wanting to be intimate with her lover?? If it was just sex (which it wasnt) so what? This man has gone without for 5 years and who knows how long Ororo has. They both have needs and them fulfilling that I see nothing wrong with that.

Yes yes and yes to all of your last thoughts as well. Ororo is allowing him to be the person he needs to be. She loves him and even with this she puts aside her needs to let him find his way and is supportive of him. Spot on assessment of their interaction!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Lower left block. Laying a foundation for later . Lol.

He ended up leaving Nakia and then returning to Ororo. It could be a hint of something down the line but until that happens I'm not gonna read anything into that other than they had something that neither could entertain.

Not while the image of the woman he loves keeps popping up in his head.
    Preach once again your words read nothing but the truth!!!

Ororo has her life outside of Tchalla and Wakanda. She did eventually show up so I'm not sure your criticism here is valid.

Ororo is a goddess and literally is an empath for the entire planet. Wakanda fits into the narrative to degree that when her man or Wakanda needs her she will be there. If Hickman does this well he will be able to show this. This could be why she hasnt been seen, that is, she has been in Wakanda doing things with them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Nice, getting more and more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yo this is wild, I can't believe I'm about to agree with you on something

Years? like a week and that is the first thing that happens once the kiddos fall asleep lol. Hell, put the kids down early that night.

Really confused why this is the "breaking point" in here in regards to the relationship. So T'challa can confide in her about everything, support and praise her to the point she becomes a damn god of Wakanda... but naw... don't bang! That's too far! Now it is no longer fresh and y'all will just praise the new thing when she isn't even doing anything in those books?

I don't even care for the damn pairing, but it is a rather strong indication where T'challa's love is when he's been gone 5 damn years (for him) and the first thing he wants is Storm. Even with a new (better lol) chick right there with him when he went through hell and war... it was Storm in his mind that stopped him from going any farther. 5 YEARS! Comic characters usually bounce within a month in comic time (**coughtwolverineandstormcough***) and T'challa went FIVE YEARS and still faithful, can't get her out of his mind.
    By The Bright Lady!!! What are you doing here?!?!?!

And dont be like that boo. We have agreed before you dont remember.

But seriously your post is nothing but truth. What better testament of someone's love when you have someone not entertain someone based upon a ghost? The criticism I'm seeing of them getting it in really doesnt mske much sense to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I agree.
    I just want something fresh and New.
    Like who? Not a lot black men out there on Storm's level.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

thank you for sharing. I'm interesting to hear what prompts her to go along with this little adventure.