Page 320 of 662 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...technically, HiX-Man doesn't specifically say she will have a huge moment just that she's part of the big action stuff in the first issue.
    I have to say though...I love his line: "That's all anyone needs to worry about"
    Although we all know certain fans of certain characters will completely miss out on the fun because they're too busy wallowing in self-appointed misery.
    Well, that's why I don't really get to mad of how Storm is portrayed in Comics because Storm is still being used in comics. And that's a lot better than I can so for characters LIKE: Polaris, Havok, Jubilee etc. They are barely doing anything.

Was coming to post the tweet I saw confirming issue #1 of X-men being mostly comprised of action from Cyclops, Magneto, Storm, and Polaris but I see y’all already beat me to it! That’s exciting seeing as how it’ll be #1 of the new flagship book. We have no assurances on how she’ll be shown so it’s best to keep our judgements secured until we see for sure.

I hate to say it but upon initial impression for me, something felt... off about Ororo’s appearance in BP #15 today and T’challa’s potrayal in general. For all his talk of a “past life” his convo with Nakia ran too thick with an overtone of forbidden love and “poor Nakia” for me. Almost as if you’re supposed to hope that as a soldier, she too might get her happy “ending” which for her would be T’challa. T’challa ending his statement about his thoughts about spending his life with her in peace followed by “I....” only to be cut off by her was not the firm, resounding rebuff of a man assured in his love for someone else. It screamed of a man lost between two worlds, two responsibilities, and two concerns of his heart. Wasn’t thrilled, but we’ll see how that scene pays off/if it does at all.

Then moving on to Storm’s appearance. Don’t get me wrong at all, there nothing at ALL wrong sexual intimacy when you are first around somebody you love and have been denied access to for a long time. That wasn’t the part that irked me. I just wish the flow between them felt like it had more payoff. It seemed so stunted to have them not even show his initial reaction to seeing her again. Not having them at least look upon each other first, showing in their eyes and between them all that there is too much too say. Some recognition and acknowledgement of their bond and how it had been tested and now how it feels to be together again after so long, could’ve been done with a look, and it wasn’t. To have no visual of T’challa’s first emotional response to seeing Ororo after so long and cutting straight from Ororo’s face upon greeting him, to her passed out in bed next to him in post-coital slumber felt cheap... and not in a good way. Especially when Nakia got “I...” after a full page showing his emotional confusion/frustration in regards to his relationship with her due to now having regained his memories. Nakia’s departure was shown to have more of an emotional response from T’challa then Ororo got. Ororo got “hello” followed by no acknowledgement of him seeing her for the first time in 5 years, followed by post-coital snoozing while T’challa seems distracted and then stoic for the rest of the book. It wasn’t bad. I was just expecting a whole lot more for a first connection after 5 years apart(for him). No man should ever have a “subtle” reaction to Ororo’s sexual advances. Much less reaction “not shown”. Coates is going to have to do better for me going forward with them, but I have hope’s for this improving as early as the next issue.

Lastly neither Coates nor Aaron “used Storm as a sex object”. If she is being written within the agency of her own mind then it is offensive to even say that. People often refer to women as “being used for sex” when they don’t approve of their sexual behaviors/partners. Which takes away from the fact that Ororo is a grown ass woman who chose to act on her own sexual impulses at times when she saw fit to. Period on that. You guys, StormPhoenix and Kyss just really don’t like her respective partners and how it went down in each scenario. Which is fine lol but we shouldn’t chalk it up to Ororo being comparative to a sex toy. Storm never wins in that argument and it reeks of misogynistic ideals.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 08-28-2019 at 02:04 PM.

I replied to this on previous page

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    But we are talking about Storm.

And why does Storm have to be With a Black Man? I'm not denying that Storm has had her fair share of being with a White Man. The point i'm making is. You make it seem like Storm can ONLY be with a Black Man and can only stay in a relationship with a Black Man.

I simply wanted Storm to be with someone else other than T'Challa Black, White, Purple,Green, Latino i don't really care. Which is why I stated I wanted something Fresh. It's just that by what you stated that there are not any good Black Men. It's like your just limiting Storm of whom she can date.
    Please name another Black Female character on Storm's level that can repersent Black Love in comics?

My point...putting Storm with a white man farther pushes the narrative that dating white men are better then black men.

This is a touchy subject...so maybe we should continue this through PMs.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Its funny, that almost all the Black men you name are in relationships or been with white women.

Please name another Black Female character on Storm's level that can repersent Black Love in comics? My point...putting Storm with a white man farther pushes the narrative that dating white men are better then black men.

I dont think this is a touchy subject but a real one. its sucks but it wouldnt be such a big deal the color of the person she dated if the comics itself were more diverse. it is not and because of that we have to work with what we have.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

T'challa nad Ororo represent strong black love. Let them shine!

BANNED

Please name another Black Female character on Storm's level that can repersent Black Love in comics?

My point...putting Storm with a white man farther pushes the narrative that dating white men are better then black men.

No, we don't need Popular Black Characters to be together to represent Black Love. To me that's ridiculous.

And if that's the case your telling me Monica and Adam being together does not represent Black Love because they are not popular? That's even more ridiculous. Popularity has nothing to with it.

I did not say that Storm should date a White Man. Where did that come from? I simply asked for someone different than T'Challa. And IF that man happens to be White that does NOT mean White Men are better than Black Men. And really what does that matter? I'm sorry, but I hate that way of thinking.

Sure, we can move it to a PM.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-28-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I dont think this is a touchy subject but a real one. its sucks but it wouldnt be such a big deal the color of the person she dated if the comics itself were more diverse. it is not and because of that we have to work with what we have.
    Personally, I would love to see Storm date Blue Marvel but he's in a good relationship with Monica. All the other black men are with white women.

But we are talking about Storm.

And why does Storm have to be With a Black Man? I'm not denying that Storm has had her fair share of being with a White Man. The point i'm making is. You make it seem like Storm can ONLY be with a Black Man and can only stay in a relationship with a Black Man.

I simply wanted Storm to be with someone else other than T'Challa Black, White, Purple,Green, Latino i don't really care. Which is why I stated I wanted something Fresh. It's just that by what you stated that there are not any good Black Men. It's like your just limiting Storm of whom she can date.
    beloved.. in a medium that predominantly includes white people and their day to day interactions, its important to also see one that reflects in a healthy manner the interactions between black people specifically. as I think lordalmighty mentioned, where in the mcu do we have a black power couple on the level of storm and BP?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-28-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Its funny, that almost all the Black men you name are in relationships or been with white women.

Please name another Black Female character on Storm's level that can repersent Black Love in comics? My point...putting Storm with a white man farther pushes the narrative that dating white men are better then black men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    T'challa nad Ororo represent strong black love. Let them shine!
    goddess bless you!!!! we need more voices like this and I hope Coates can hear them!!

Personally, I would love to see Storm date Blue Marvel but he's in a good relationship with Monica. All the other black men are with white women.

yes I would never push for that. let that black love story thrive. but to your last statement tha is a damn shame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    beloved.. in a medium that predominantly includes white people and their day to day interactions, its important to also see one that reflects in a healthy manner the interactions between black people specifically. as I think lordalmighty mentioned, where in the mcu do we have a black power couple on the level of storm and BP?
    Why are you basing this Black Love off of Popularity?

Monica and Adam are just as much a Power Couple.

Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-28-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Why does it have to be a black female on Storms level? What was wrong with Sam(Falcon) and Misty Knight?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Why does it have to be a black female on Storms level? What was wrong with Sam(Falcon) and Misty Knight?

I don't think Popularity plays a factor in this.

Are we talking power lever as in how recognizable they are in the real world, or political power level in universe?

Why are you basing this Black Love off of Popularity?

Monica and Adam are just as much a Power Couple.

Popularity plays a major part in representation in comics. If i say the Prowler is dating Starbrite...you will say who the hell are they...lol

Now if I say Storm is dating Black Panther its a much bigger impact to the average reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I had no problem with Misty and Sam.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She isn't the only Black female in the MU...Why MUST Storm be the representative of Black Love? (Why not Monica and Blue Marvel? And no one should have to be on any high/great "level" to be a positive representation).
    Can't she just be a representative of LOVE?
    Or..how about a representative of what it means to be single and happy?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-28-2019 at 02:29 PM.