Page 322 of 662 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    But you can't Base Black Love off of Popularity. It doesn't really matter.
    Monica and Adam are not popular, but that doesn't mean they don't have Black Love.

But Agree to Disagree, i'll leave it at that.

I disagree with you because it does not matter if people don't know who they are. The point is showing "Black Love" in comics right? And we have that from Monica and Adam as well. That representation is there. Just because they are not in the Lime Light we can't say that they have Black Love? That's crazy. But hey that's your opinion. I disagree and i'll leave it at that.

When I say Adam I am referring to Blue Marvel. His name is Adam Breshear.

That was not even the reason of why I brought them Up sir or lady.
    I think the idea is that you want to showcase black love to the most people who can receive.

think about it like this. you have a black young man who does great things for his community but it never goes beyond that. now that another young black man who kills someone and this is reported on the national news outlets. you have two people who did two different things but because one had a larger audience the perception and biases surrounding that individual can impact how these people see others who look like him.

the same is true for black love, having a popular couple be representative if this allows for a greater visibility to thos and it reinforces the idea that black love is beautiful.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-28-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not that we can't...but that we shouldn't compare Monica and Adam to Storm and T'Challa.
    They can both be representative of true, honest, passionate, respectful and yes, Black love in their respective ways.
    Do Black Americans go about comparing Barack and Michelle to Jay-Z and Beyonce? (I'm from the Caribbean so...)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think the idea is that you want to showcase black love to the most people who can receive.

think about it like this. you have a black young man who does great things for his community but it never goes beyond that. now that another young black man who kills someone and this is reported on the national news outlets. you have two people who did two different things but because one had a larger audience the perception and biases surrounding that individual can impact how these people see others who look like him.

the same is true for black love, having a popular couple be representative if this allows for a greater visibility to thos and it reinforces the idea that black love is beautiful.
    I don't agree with you. So, i'll leave it alone now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not that we can't...but that we shouldn't compare Monica and Adam to Storm and T'Challa.
    They can both be representative of true, honest, passionate, respectful and yes, Black love in their respective ways.
    Do Black Americans go about comparing Barack and Michelle to Jay-Z and Beyonce? (I'm from the Caribbean so...)
    The reason why I brought up Monica and Adam was NOT to compare their popularity.

I brought them up as an example that they are Black Love as well.

But i'm done with the Conversation. I Agree and Disagree with a few people on this Topic. No point in dragging this along.

BANNED

As long as the romance is better written than the Hudlin crap I'm fine with T'Challa and Ororo. But I also care about Ororo in the comics first and foremost, not making sure she ends up in BP2. I can wait on Ororo in the MCU as part of an X-Men revamp years down the line. It's not like the character hasn't been wasted enough onscreen. Quantity is not quality.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The reason why I brought up Monica and Adam was NOT to compare their popularity.

But i'm done with the Conversation. I Agree and Disagree with a few people on this Topic. No point in dragging this along.
    I understand fully why you brought up the comparison. And I agree with you. I was making a point to that poster's inherent message that one is apparently 'better' than the other because one is royalty/more popular than the other.

But yes, this topic has outlived its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As long as the romance is better written than the Hudlin crap I'm fine with T'Challa and Ororo. But I also care about Ororo in the comics first and foremost, not making sure she ends up in BP2. I can wait on Ororo in the MCU as part of an X-Men revamp years down the line. It's not like the character hasn't been wasted enough onscreen. Quantity is not quality.
    I really do believe that them being paired up again, the outcry of fans wanting to see her in Black Panther, and the BP movie being released in phase 6 is not a coincidence. it's all about synergy to a degree with marvel and I think what coates is doing us laying the groundwork for what is to come later in the movies. nevertheless right now I'm loving what BP is giving me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

it doesnt matter if the masses does not see it. black love for the sake of black love helps no one if a large amount of people are not visible to it.

that's why people are pushing for tchalla and ororo. but as I said if the comics did a better job with diversitt we wouldnt have a need for this.

Glad we can have civil conversation about this.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I really do believe that them being paired up again, the outcry of fans wanting to see her in Black Panther, and the BP movie being released in phase 6 is not a coincidence.
    I think it's a setup for disappointment, tbh. I don't think Marvel is touching the X-Men any time soon and that's probably for the best tbh. They need a long rest. I also don't think they have any interest in displacing Lupita Nyong'o from the BP films.

I am glad Coates is giving Ororo a showcase.

I really do believe that them being paired up again, the outcry of fans wanting to see her in Black Panther, and the BP movie being released in phase 6 is not a coincidence. it's all about synergy to a degree with marvel and I think what coates is doing us laying the groundwork for what is to come later in the movies. nevertheless right now I'm loving what BP is giving me.
    I can’t see BP and Storm being a couple in the Mcu if they cast someone young for her though.

BANNED

it doesnt matter if the masses does not see it. black love for the sake of black love helps no one if a large amount of people are not visible to it.

that's why people are pushing for tchalla and ororo. but as I said if the comics did a better job with diversitt we wouldnt have a need for this.
    I don't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Glad we can have civil conversation about this.
    me too. it's good that even though we disagree we are still storm fam at the end of the day lol. but Bish I'm still riding with you here lol

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think it's a setup for disappointment, tbh. I don't think Marvel is touching the X-Men any time soon and that's probably for the best tbh. They need a long rest. I also don't think they have any interest in displacing Lupita Nyong'o from the BP films.

I am glad Coates is giving Ororo a showcase.
    it possible it could be but keep in mind BP is not coming out until 2022 which is when phase 6 begins. this is reportedly when the xmen will make their debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I can’t see BP and Storm being a couple in the Mcu if they cast someone young for her though.
    yea time will tell. we never know what the mcu will have in store for us.

I don't agree with you.
    **thumbs up**

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And how many of those people are out there dreaming of finding their Wakandan King or Mutant Goddess...or even hold their partners (if they're already in a relationship) to those high, fictitious ideals and expectations?
    When I think of Black Love...I would sooner look to Barack and Michelle an actual real-life couple rather than a fictional one, written by someone who may or may not have a true understanding of what a Black relationship/Love looks like.
    Good Love. True Love. Real Love can be representational and positive beyond race, gender social status, age ...and other boundaries.
    well these are fictional characters so of course it’s not real but it doesn’t make it any less important to represent

I Disagree. But i'll leave it at that.

I disagree with you because it does not matter if people don't know who they are. The point is showing "Black Love" in comics right? And we have that from Monica and Adam as well. That representation is there. Just because they are not in the Lime Light like Storm/T'Challa how can you say that they don't have Black Love because they are not popular enough?? That's crazy. But hey that's your opinion. I disagree and i'll leave it at that.

When I say Adam I am referring to Blue Marvel. His name is Adam Breshear.

That was not even the reason of why I brought them Up sir or lady.

Again why does there have to be a quota? Multiple black couples should exist. Besides I never said Monica and Adam don’t have black love.
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-28-2019 at 03:29 PM.