Page 330 of 662 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Can't wait to see this, I love when she utilises her powers on grand scales.

Attachment 86401
    Damn! This looks so good. Stoked.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Attachment 86401
    ahhhhhh yes for sharing this!!!! coates is giving me all the life I need!!! this is the ororo I want to read and see.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Attachment 86401
    What issues is this in BP???

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Attachment 86401

Looks good. What issue?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Hey TJ, please don’t mistake my post for any accusation against you for reducing your points of contention to her “needing” a man. It simply bothered me how continuously throughout these last few years, when it comes down to Logan or T’challa and whoever thinks she “deserves” one or the other, it’s boiled down to a lot of shade that inadvertently gets thrown at Ororo. Because people don’t like her relationship with one or the other, they take the situation and twist it to make her character out to be some victim of sexual exploitation or “being used” or “sleeping her way to the top” or “not respecting herself”. Honestly that happens way too often in real life with women in general but ESPECIALLY black women by men of all races. And I mean all. There’s a reason so many of my black, male friends and colleagues view black women as sexy, thicc, but “loud” and “high maintenance” while viewing being in a relationship with a “beautiful” white or light-skinned girl as “wifey” material or an elevation of some sort. These residual mentalities so deeply engrained in society from people we used to call Master, and the worst part is most of us don’t know/or acknowledge it for what it is. Colorism exists in every culture it’s true but it makes me especially sad and disheartened to see it displayed in young, black men and women. Everyone else already views us that way, that’s to be expected as shitty as it sounds. We just gotta do better for ourselves is all I mean. Seeing and appreciating our own value and self worth as beautiful brown people. Part of that is not falling into the same pitfalls set by older patriarchal societies of shaming black women for embracing, exploring, and being free with their sexuality and sexual agency/identity. We don’t need to refer to her as a “booty call” “slam piece” or whatever other messy nicknames people have for women who own their sexuality as fiercely and proudly as men do.
    I never got that impression from you. I'm grateful for your stance on this issue. It is truly a breath of fresh air. I have a tumblr and there I follow a great number of black women. A good number of those women repost messages that fall in line with every word you've typed over the last couple pages. Not just you though, a few of the other fans as well. So more than you know, I understand the truths and complexities of the points you've so brilliantly illustrated. Black men need to call out other black men on their misogynoir. It's the way it has to be. Generational curses have to stop somewhere. If we want to be better, heal ourselves and our communities we have to hold one another accountable. We have to learn how to love one another and accept love from one another. It's in our human nature to give love because we actively seek it. That's has a lot to do with why I personally loves Coates' interpretation of them as a couple.

I'm one of those fans that hates it when some fans reduce her sexuality to something she should be ashamed of. It should be hers then same way her nose is. There should be no need for a woman of Storm's stature to reclaim her sexuality. I think the best way I can express my feelings is by bringing up the two black women that have written her in Shuri's solo, X-Men: Wakanda forever and Crew series. Both Nnedi Okorafor and Yona Harvey crafted stories where her love life was simmering in the background but her sexuality was never made into a plot point. I'll leave that as my closing statement and let the chips fall where they may. I'd just like to thank you again for the thought proving posts and the empathy and understanding it takes to engage as openly as you have. Please never change. I thoroughly enjoyed your words. You challenge me to be a better Storm fan.

BANNED

Attachment 86401
    Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its glorious! Glorious, I say!!!!!

It doesn't say the issue, since its lettered I'm guessing possibly the next one or the one after? Issue #17 says "The Intergalactic Empire has come to Earth" so putting my money on that issue.
    Last edited by ShepardOakenshieldPrime; 08-30-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I never got that impression from you. I'm grateful for your stance on this issue. It is truly a breath of fresh air. I have a tumblr and there I follow a great number of black women. A good number of those women repost messages that fall in line with every word you've typed over the last couple pages. Not just you though, a few of the other fans as well. So more than you know, I understand the truths and complexities of the points you've so brilliantly illustrated. Black men need to call out other black men on their misogynoir. It's the way it has to be. Generational curses have to stop somewhere. If we want to be better, heal ourselves and our communities we have to hold one another accountable. We have to learn how to love one another and accept love from one another. It's in our human nature to give love because we actively seek it. That's has a lot to do with why I personally loves Coates' interpretation of them as a couple.

I'm one of those fans that hates it when some fans reduce her sexuality to something she should be ashamed of. It should be hers then same way her nose is. There should be no need for a woman of Storm's stature to reclaim her sexuality. I think the best way I can express my feelings is by bringing up the two black women that have written her in Shuri's solo, X-Men: Wakanda forever and Crew series. Both Nnedi Okorafor and Yona Harvey crafted stories where her love life was simmering in the background but her sexuality was never made into a plot point. I'll leave that as my closing statement and let the chips fall where they may. I'd just like to thank you again for the thought proving posts and the empathy and understanding it takes to engage as openly as you have. Please never change. I thoroughly enjoyed your words. You challenge me to be a better Storm fan.
    yes exactly the bolded. it's simply something I think that I have to agree to disagree with in regards to the misogynoir topic for those who have concluded the discussion being reduced to who she sleeps with, because for me it goes a lot deeper than that.

at any rate, looking forward to that issue of black panther. our girl is looking angry I'm am ready for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its always a delight to see her summoning a tornado and not reduce to Lightning Lass
    Indeed. I would love to see more use of water and ice too. I'm so over the lightning though.

BANNED

It doesn't say the issue, since its lettered I'm guessing possibly the next one or the one after? Issue #17 says "The Intergalactic Empire has come to Earth" so putting my money on that issue.
    Your probably right. And they are attacking Wakanda, so that's probably what Storm is zapping people in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Your probably right. And they are attacking Wakanda, so that's probably what Storm is zapping people in the air?
    I was looking on his Instagram and she is shooting down some "fighters" which I assume are in jets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was looking on his Instagram and she is shooting down some "fighters" which I assume are in jets
    I was too. I was going to ask him are we going to get anymore Goddess Storm, but it seems like he is not accepting messages. Anyway, it's most likely the Galactic Empire attacking due to the solicited it said.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Got you. Thanks. Does anyone know if Black Panther's five years in space also equated to five years on Earth Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I was too. I was going to ask him are we going to get anymore Goddess Storm, but it seems like he is not accepting messages. Anyway, it's most likely the Galactic Empire attacking due to the solicited it said.
    I'm sure we are going to get goddess storm soon. I just wish some of the questions we have had about her were answered. like what triggers to go in this form and does she get any buffs when she enters this state? I'm sure this would have been answered in a solo but seeing as though that will probably not happen I hope he just goes ahead and addresses these questions in bp.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Got you. Thanks. Does anyone know if Black Panther's five years in space also equated to five years on Earth Prime?
    it hasnt been explained explicitly yet but it would appear that it was only a 5 year jump in the future and not in prime.