Page 337 of 662 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I will respond to the posts a little later got to get ready for work. I just had to say Ororo did some bad ass ish today in hox. Never seen her do anything like this before. Great job hickman!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

How cool was what she did today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    IT was awesome! I think it's the first time we not only see her control just water in this way but to also shape it based on the psychic relay she was receiving. That was really awesome.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh Lord...yall got me hype. 4:30 need to hurry up...

BANNED

Y'all I swear there was a reason Storm thought nothing of offing the Karima girl. If Rachel had just sat there and eaten her cereal Storm would've gotten her off the board a long time ago. It's nice knowing Rachel is now responsible for Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine and Nightcrawler's death. #Stormwasright

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yes. It’s definitely outside of her character but hear me out....We want to see Storm explore a “philosophical or ethical” struggle (leadership should NOT be a struggle for her -__-...) that has wide spread impact/influence. I think this would be a great role/opportunity for her. She has strong ties to the superhero community and the general public (in a positive way) that she would be the ideal candidate for mutant/human relations exploration on the political stage. And I’d love to see it explored from the less predictable stance of “can’t we all just get along.” She’s someone who can represent Krakoa’s interest but also recognizing that such a position is not heroic or what the X-Men have historically stood for, and could have heavy consequences, including creating conflicts within the X-factions if not skillfully navigated. I think she’s a “friendly” face the world has a connection with but also the right voice to convey and control a message that will be hard to swallow but is appropriate for where the X-Men are now.
    I think it would be interesting definitely when considering the things you mentioned but when I think about the history of the character and even what she is currently doing in black panther I would find it hard to think she would not help human children or people who were in need. her father is human, her Kenyan family are human, her lover is human, the people of wakanda who believe in her are human. it just seems like something earth shattering would need to occur for her to take such a stance. this will be a hard sale for me but I'm open to see how Hickman works this angle.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    If ever a Storm solo is going to happen, I want it to focus on something that is distant from the X-Men. That was part of the failure of her last solo series, it was too tied to the team and it felt like she has no individuality of her own. And the fact that she was appearing in most X books helped saturated her a little, with no interested personal story to keep people interested.

Solo titles should be more in the line of Wolverine. More character development with little hints of X-men here and there but still detached to it. Bring the readers to a new world, a world of an X-man not the X-men. I mean that what makes the Magneto series good...and I think it is also very successful.
    agreed. much of it tied to connections of her past that I personally didnt care about instead of forging new ideas and stories that made it apparently why this character needed such a book.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Ororo on the rise this week
    she most certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Lord I forgot we asked that way back when lol. But Im happy he seems open to it.

I couldn't agree more. I feel that's why fans keep asking about Coates writing her solo. He seems to understand her separate from the X-Men.

me too. it's actually good news even though there is nothing definitive

omg it was so awesome!!!! ororo the elemental goddess
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    IT was awesome! I think it's the first time we not only see her control just water in this way but to also shape it based on the psychic relay she was receiving. That was really awesome.
    it was it was very creative use of her powers and it wasnt a lot of water either she was manipulating either. it was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Oh Lord...yall got me hype. 4:30 need to hurry up...
    Chile lolol

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Y'all I swear there was a reason Storm thought nothing of offing the Karima girl. If Rachel had just sat there and eaten her cereal Storm would've gotten her off the board a long time ago. It's nice knowing Rachel is now responsible for Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine and Nightcrawler's death. #Stormwasright

she sure was!! I forgot all about this #hadariyao #stormwasright

So just read issue HoX#4.

So Far HoX3&4 read like a really good X-Book. Dare I say Monder day Clearmont Quality.

As for Storm , That level of Water bending is what I've been wanting to see for a very long time. Seeing her cloud bend always had me waiting for her water bending.

Yeah I liked that she directly controlling water other than just moving currents or making it rain.

Not to sour on anything but I dont get what the point of Storm's Sea World trick was. Jean and Monet could have still been visual there psychically in the scene without needing to be made out of water. I think Storm was just showing off with her extra self

She's like Im about to get my panel time too even if Im not on the mission

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not to sour on anything but I dont get what the point of Storm's Sea World trick was. Jean and Monet could have still been visual there psychically in the scene without needing to be made out of water. I think Storm was just showing off with her extra self

Xavier wanted everyone to see what was going on i assume. I do wonder If all they could make out was faces as at one point we saw Jean and Monet face. Maybe it added a sense of extra realism as opposed to connecting all the minds. I'm glad it happened though. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I never trusted ol' Karima.

BANNED

And I loved every minute of it

Xavier wanted everyone to see what was going on i assume. I do wonder If all they could make out was faces as at one point we saw Jean and Monet face. Maybe it added a sense of extra realism as opposed to connecting all the minds. I'm glad it happened though. lol
    But water wasnt needed for everyone to see what was going on. We've seen telepaths relay information to multiple people at once all the time. Storm's water trick was of lower quality anyway than an actual psychic image. Think of 4K HDTV vs 480p SDTV. I really think she wanted to show off...lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So just read issue HoX#4.

So Far HoX3&4 read like a really good X-Book. Dare I say Monder day Clearmont Quality.

As for Storm , That level of Water bending is what I've been wanting to see for a very long time. Seeing her cloud bend always had me waiting for her water bending.
    I had my concerns originally but boy I was wrong. the books have been so good so well thought out. the story is entertaining and does feel like the old xmen which I havent been able to say for a long time.

seeing ororo do what she did was breathtaking. if this is what is to come from Hickman storm I'm here for it.

Yeah I liked that she directly controlling water other than just moving currents or making it rain.
    yes agreed.

I think it was to give everyone who was not in the circuit a visual. magneto was there and so was beast.