Page 341 of 662 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This weeks issue bummed me out, but at least Storm did something creative with her powers for once.
    it bummed me out as well. I just knew with this issue after the cliffhanger the xmen were going to appeared unscathed protected by Jean's forcefields . but when that didnt happen I had no words. I felt so bad for everyone. mystique how she died hit me, cyclops telling Jean he wasnt going make it was really sad, seeing nightcrawler/Logan burning in flames just hurt but jeans death hit me the hardest for some reason. she seemed so afraid and overwhelmed by everything that happened. it was the perfect plan so it really bombed not seeing them be able to walk away from it unhurt.

now I'm ready for what ororo is about to unleash. she just got her family back and they all died right before her eyes again. there will be blood.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao. they most certainly should have pulled the plug on her when they had the chance. she was coldblooded this issue of hox. when was the issue you posted from?
    X-men Legacy 243. She's a friggin sentinel! I dont know why they keep trying to rehabilitate her.

it bummed me out as well. I just knew with this issue after the cliffhanger the xmen were going to appeared unscathed protected by Jean's forcefields . but when that didnt happen I had no words. I felt so bad for everyone. mystique how she died hit me, cyclops telling Jean he wasnt going make it was really sad, seeing nightcrawler/Logan burning in flames just hurt but jeans death hit me the hardest for some reason. she seemed so afraid and overwhelmed by everything that happened. it was the perfect plan so it really bombed not seeing them be able to walk away from it unhurt.

now I'm ready for what ororo is about to unleash. she just got her family back and they all died right before her eyes again. there will be blood.
    But that's the big thing about this book. Who's gonna bleed?
    Who is it that they put a stop to? Those making the death robots? The entire human race?

The end goal is for mutants to thrive, but what is the obstacle preventing that and can they stop it? Storm is powerful, but the enemy is more complex that power alone isn't enough. Who do you direct the anger at? If you aim it at the wrong people, then you might be creating the enemies for your inevitable demise.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-04-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

https://thegeekiary.com/house-of-x-i...ew-storm/69778

check out this review. the writer who I absolutely LOVE made a great point about invocation. he suggests that it could have been more than just a visual connection to Jean but also a spiritual one via her goddess powers. invocation goes a lot deeper than it being just a visual. It definitely is an interesting theory one that I am willing to side with lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-men Legacy 243. She's a friggin sentinel! I dont know why they keep trying to rehabilitate her.
    thanks love and yes thats a great point. it like putting a person trying to lose weight around fast food every day, at some point they will give in to temptation lol

But that's the big thing about this book. Who's gonna bleed?
    Who is it that they put a stop to? Those making the death robots? The entire human race?

The end goal is for mutants to thrive, but what is the obstacle preventing that and can they stop it? Storm is powerful, but the enemy is more complex that power alone isn't enough. Who do you direct the anger at? If you aim it at the wrong people, then you might be creating the enemies for your inevitable demise.
    the xmen have to do better with attacking the people who fund these projects. I agree power alone wont help but her connections to some of the most powerful superhero teams on the planet could be the most effective. with tchalla, Reed, and others helping her through diplomacy she could get the Intel she needs then slit the throats of the bigots who keep killing the mutants and their children.

thanks love and yes thats a great point. it like putting a person trying to lose weight around fast food every day, at some point they will give in to temptation lol

the xmen have to do better with attacking the people who fund these projects. I agree power alone wont help but her connections to some of the most powerful superhero teams on the planet could be the most effective. with tchalla, Reed, and others helping her through diplomacy she could get the Intel she needs then slit the throats of the bigots who keep killing the mutants and their children.
    What we learned from Moira is that the enemy always changes. You stop Trask, another person steps in. It's never ending. How can you target an enemy that always changes?
    Also, the X-Men have seemed to have isolated themselves from non-mutant superheroes. So I don't think they'll ask them for help. To mutants, this is war between them and humans and any non mutant is a potential enemy.
    Any human that helps would be considered a traitor to other humans. I wonder which heroes would still help, turn against their own.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-04-2019 at 11:09 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

What we learned from Moira is that the enemy always changes. You stop Trask, another person steps in. It's never ending. How can you target an enemy that always changes?
    Also, the X-Men have seemed to have isolated themselves from non-mutant superheroes. So I don't think they'll ask them for help. To mutants, this is war between them and humans and any non mutant is a potential enemy.
    the enemy does keep changing but it seems at some point the figure out the nimrod problem because at least from the solicits we dont see any sign of sentinels. but time will tell here how they attack this problem.

nevertheless, ororo is probably the only character that's been featured that - at this point - hasn't fully isolated herself. shes still dating tchalla until something suggests otherwise. being able to reach out to him would most certainly be a resource she could tap into. hes a genius and has the power/resources of the most technologically advanced country on the planet. ororos also working with Carol and sue who are both human.

Lastly I do think your last statement would be true for a character like magneto but I'm holding on to the belief that ororo wont lump all humans together.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But water wasnt needed for everyone to see what was going on. We've seen telepaths relay information to multiple people at once all the time. Storm's water trick was of lower quality anyway than an actual psychic image. Think of 4K HDTV vs 480p SDTV. I really think she wanted to show off...lol
    idk why it sounds like you're a hater but it just does. She used her powers in a creative way and it is what it is. Why not be happy she can do it period whether is seems lower quality or not. By the way, anybody got scans of the issue?

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure they are pod xmen just yet. it's possible. moira was supposed to only have 10 maybe 11 lives so if it is only 10 this is it.

also ororo was right:

Oooh damn I love the artwork here, the paneling and the position of the panels is really beautiful. I really wish we could have something similar in Wave 2.

For those who haven't seen what Storm does in House of X #4....spoiler.

Attachment 86623
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's a really coolz visual.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oooh damn I love the artwork here, the paneling and the position of the panels is really beautiful. I really wish we could have something similar in Wave 2.
    yes Oliver coipel art is gorgeous. I love how fierce his storm looks:

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Attachment 86623
    I'm still shook!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    idk why it sounds like you're a hater but it just does. She used her powers in a creative way and it is what it is. Why not be happy she can do it period whether is seems lower quality or not. By the way, anybody got scans of the issue?
    boo you have to check out the issue it was really good.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Attachment 86623

This is really cool. With her powerset over elements, there is a lot Storm should be able to do. I agree with those who've made the point that too many writers and/or artists haven't taken the time to really think about all the different ways she could manifest her elemental power beyond, for example, lightning. The Last Airbender is actually a great example of the diversity of ways someone with elemental powers could use them. Storm should definitely be written displaying a wider depth of her powers in creative ways, like in the scan.

I'm still shook!!
    Not shocked by the power display. Just not sure why he needed Storm for the visual.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    This is really cool. With her powerset over elements, there is a lot Storm should be able to do. I agree with those who've made the point that too many writers and/or artists haven't taken the time to really think about all the different ways she could manifest her elemental power beyond, for example, lightning. The Last Airbender is actually a great example of the diversity of ways someone with elemental powers could use them. Storm should definitely be written displaying a wider depth of her powers in creative ways, like in the scan.
    I agree here with your point about the avatar. I see her being aang on steroids as all he can do she should be able to mirror that and do it to an amplified degree. hopefully this is just the beginning of what is to come for her.

Not shocked by the power display. Just not sure why he needed Storm for the visual.
    I'm wasnt shocked either but it was definitely a pleasant surprise to see her using her powers in that fashion. also I guess I was in the minority. it made sense considering everything that was going on but even if it was an excuse to show her doing something I'm glad we got to see her do something beyond lightning .