Page 347 of 662 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I guess I am not sure why you are holding it against him that he was forced to write Storm killing Marrow. His original story must have had an alternative ending where Storm stopped her without killing, not that Storm allow people to be killed because she couldn't "pull the trigger", so to speak. Why is that a bad thing? You admit Storm will kill when necessary - if his original story made killing unnecessary, why is that a mark against him?
    my issue with him being forced to write storm killing is that he didnt believe that to be true of the character and as the outback saga showed us ororo will kill when necessary or when there is no other choice.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my issue with him being forced to write storm killing is that he didnt believe that to be true of the character and as the outback saga showed us ororo will kill when necessary or when there is no other choice.
    Agreed. Lobdell made it clear he didn’t get Storm, and that definitely translated through his regressive writing of the character. He had some stories I enjoyed but He disregarded some of her growth/development under Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. Lobdell made it clear he didn’t get Storm, and that definitely translated through his regressive writing of the character. He had some stories I enjoyed but He disregarded some of her growth/development under Claremont.
    This...

I always felt he was forced to make Storm a leader and would have preferred to have Cyclops lead everyone. His Storm had her moments but overall she slowly became a pale comparison to Claremont's Storm. Now that i think about it, all the X-Men did too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Well, i'm glad Storm tried to kill Marrow. Shows that Storm is not afraid of killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I detailed some of it above. I thought he presided over what was at that time the most mediocre to bad, editorially-driven run in the history of the franchise (obviously we've seen worse since) and I think its effects led to serious character downgrades and poor choices for years to come. They were selling toys and cartoons and foil covers for the speculator market but the books were largely awful AFAIC. It started with Storm, Psylocke, Jean, etc. and worked its way down. Everyone become a cutout standee for an action figure, via a company that was putting everything into X-Men quantity-wise but not quality, while letting the rest of the Marvel Universe wither on the vine and then eventually going bankrupt. But that's JMO.
    I get what you are saying, although I did enjoy some storylines of his, particularly AOA, but otherwise, Lobdell was just okay. But there's a reason, for some fans, that it will always be Claremont--those other dudes--Morrison. That's why I hate for anyone following Hickman, especially if his run becomes a huge game changer as Morrison's did post Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    do you have the actual interview where he says this? I cant find it lol. what things did you like that he dyd with her?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, i'm glad Storm tried to kill Marrow. Shows that Storm is not afraid of killing someone.
    yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I get what you are saying, although I did enjoy some storylines of his, particularly AOA, but otherwise, Lobdell was just okay. But there's a reason, for some fans, that it will always be Claremont--those other dudes--Morrison. That's why I hate for anyone following Hickman, especially if his run becomes a huge game changer as Morrison's did post Claremont.
    Hickman has upped the bar imho. this story has been so well thought out so his run will be a hard act to follow. I hope the quality of the stories stays intact.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This...

I always felt he was forced to make Storm a leader and would have preferred to have Cyclops lead everyone. His Storm had her moments but overall she slowly became a pale comparison to Claremont's Storm. Now that i think about it, all the X-Men did too.
    he seemed to like iceman quite a bit. I dont recall Claremont really writing iceman that much though so I cant say for sure but lobdell definitely seemed to favor iceman and colossus.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

ha! last year sometime I decided to read all the uncanny xmen issues from beginning to end. I started with stan Lee O5, which read how books of that time were written, then when Claremont came along it was soooooo good. it was so hard at times to even put the book down, and then 90s book came along and it seriously became so hard to read. I had heard there was some type of mandate to reset the characters but never understood why. I would agree with your description though. the stories were very hard to read.

as a storm fan it felt like there was big push to drastically reduce the power and strength of the character. when he wrote her not being immune to weather and saying she wasnt as blessed as Jean to have tk I nearly loss my lunch. a lot of that, as you said, at the tone for how she would be written for years to follow and not in a good way.

no I would agree here. the quality of the books definitely went down.
    That was truly a garbage scene.

BANNED

Lobdell liked wacky, and he liked peppy and vapid. Storm was not that. He kept the main books on course with the kind of banal crossovers and stock cutout characters the company demanded, but his personal sensibility was always 'zany.' Not a zany I liked much outside Gen X, but there you are. Anyway that's why he didn't do well with Storm, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    That was truly a garbage scene.
    more like horse manure. ororo would never.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Lobdell liked wacky, and he liked peppy and vapid. Storm was not that. He kept the main books on course with the kind of banal crossovers and stock cutout characters the company demanded, but his personal sensibility was always 'zany.' Not a zany I liked much outside Gen X, but there you are. Anyway that's why he didn't do well with Storm, among others.
    well I'm hopeful Hickman takes the franchise down a new path. for me it's been an excellent read and very creative.

Lobdell: storm never once looked back to Kenya after joining the xmen. she never questioned that decision once not until today...

Claremont: **roles eyes**

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-07-2019 at 01:37 AM.

I'm pretty excited about Ororo unleashing her powers to defend Krakoa in HoX 6 after her display in HoX 4. I hope he'll make her do something interesting to protect the island other than shooting lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm pretty excited about Ororo unleashing her powers to defend Krakoa in HoX 6 after her display in HoX 4. I hope he'll make her do something interesting to protect the island other than shooting lightning.
    me too. we probably won't see her do anything until issue 6 of hox but we do have x-Monday to hold us over. its dedicated solely to storm so we may even get some sneak previews of her in upcoming issues.

nevertheless; hox4 shows Hickman knows she has more tricks up her sleeve than just lightning

me too. we probably won't see her do anything until issue 6 of hox but we do have x-Monday to hold us over. its dedicated solely to storm so we may even get some sneak previews of her in upcoming issues.

nevertheless; hox4 shows Hickman knows she has more tricks up her sleeve than just lightning
    OH cool I didn't know that. We'll probably get some X-Men and Marauders art too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    OH cool I didn't know that. We'll probably get some X-Men and Marauders art too.
    yes! I guess you didnt see the link to the aipt tweet asking for people to submit questions. but yes its Monday. I'm hoping we get some new scans from each of those issues but I'm thinking whatever they provide will depend on the questions they select and which ones white agrees to answer. fingers crossed we get some nice previews with some answers to the questions asked by fans that most relate to what the future will hold for the all-goddess!!!

Astonishing Member

Lobdell: storm never once looked back to Kenya after joining the xmen. she never questioned that decision once not until today...

Claremont: **roles eyes**

I said goddamn! Did she just throw that dagger at his astrally projected head? LMAO she was not playing any games.